PDA

View Full Version : Nasty plow drivers in RI

cindyo
12-18-2007, 07:38 AM
well, sunday my husband spent 2.5 hrs clearing the driveway and along comes the town plows...yep, filled the driveway with VW bug size bolders. My husband yelled...and yes, swore, at the driver. The driver calls the cops because he felt threatened, they come, my husband explains his frustration to him while the plow guys sits in his truck in front of our house...collecting 2x salary on sunday with a smirk on his face. (Something told me that wasn't right.) I took pics of the guy sitting there in front of our home. Payback was last nite...at 9pm we hear a truck outside our home and look to see a guy running to his truck with a chain attached to our mailbox. YEP, they ripped out the mailbox, right out of the ground. It was set in concrete and we heard the truck spiinning its wheels.
SO, this morning, no mailbox, a call into the DPW, a police report, and a dectective on the case..... NOT a good morning here in RI.... Probably no resolution either....UGH !!!

To all those heading to ARUBA and in Aruba.......enjoy, and think of all this baloney we here with the snow have to put up with....

Arubalisa
12-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Holy :eek:! That is just not right. Good for you for reporting it. People like that don't deserve having well paying jobs, even more so ones where they indirectly have to deal with the public.

Andrea J.
12-18-2007, 07:49 AM
my blood is boiling!
what a terrible scenario.

imagine calling the cops because you are being sworn at!
he felt threatened, not........a guy cursing and upset and another guy sitting inside a 3 ton piece of machinery. ya threatening my arse.

some folks are just plain morons

i think the mailbox caper may fall under "federal" guidelines/rules.

i hope your day gets better.

well, sunday my husband spent 2.5 hrs clearing the driveway and along comes the town plows...yep, filled the driveway with VW bug size bolders. My husband yelled...and yes, swore, at the driver. The driver calls the cops because he felt threatened, they come, my husband explains his frustration to him while the plow guys sits in his truck in front of our house...collecting 2x salary on sunday with a smirk on his face. (Something told me that wasn't right.) I took pics of the guy sitting there in front of our home. Payback was last nite...at 9pm we hear a truck outside our home and look to see a guy running to his truck with a chain attached to our mailbox. YEP, they ripped out the mailbox, right out of the ground. It was set in concrete and we heard the truck spiinning its wheels.
SO, this morning, no mailbox, a call into the DPW, a police report, and a dectective on the case..... NOT a good morning here in RI.... Probably no resolution either....UGH !!!

To all those heading to ARUBA and in Aruba.......enjoy, and think of all this baloney we here with the snow have to put up with....

cindyo
12-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Andrea, I will call the post office and see if this falls under federal laws. Thanks for the idea !!!
Thanks for the sympathy too you guys.....I am still fuming !

cindyo
12-18-2007, 09:51 AM
NOPE... stolen mailboxes not covered under federal laws unless they are owned by the USPS.
outa luck, though good idea, thanks andrea...

AuntieMame
12-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Geeze. Sounds like something you would see on Judge Judy!

As nasty as people from New Jersey are supposed to be, all three of the towns I've lived in have had very nice plow operators.

A couple of years ago, one operator saw me struggling to clear the end of my drive. He waved me aside and plowed it with the truck.

So, I think the guy you have would be an A**hole no matter what job he was doing. I hope you take him to court and win. And I hope he loses his job over it. :mad:

palmtre2
12-18-2007, 02:25 PM
I don't know what part of NJ you're from but in the last 5 years we have had the sewer grate in front of our house torn out twice and a chunk of the curb at the corner removed by snow plows!!!! You'd think they wouldn't want to destroy their equipment??!!

Arubalisa
12-18-2007, 02:35 PM
You'd think they wouldn't want to destroy their equipment??!!Ah, BUT it is not "their" equipment it is the taxpayer's. :mad: Not their's so they just don't give a darn. :mad:

cindyo
12-18-2007, 02:59 PM
My story gets better as the day goes on....the driver of the truck on sunday, is not the owner. The owner is a fireman in town. The detective hauls the driver in and questions him. He says he was with his mom, and his own personal truck has not trauma to the trailer hitch or any marks in the hardened snow in his bed.
Our suspisions are that he went with a friend in their truck, not his own personal truck. The detective says keep our eyes open.
Meanwhile the top of the mailbox minus the stand is sitting on a mound of snow tipping. As the snow melts it gets lower to the ground. Wonder if the mailman will deliver when its on the ground.....UGH.............
We feel so violated....and wonder if mores coming........
Thanks for listening to me drone on guys............

AuntieMame
12-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Cindyo - You have every right to be angry. I think we are all kind of angry on your behalf as well.

Palmtre2 - South Jersey. Near Philly. We have a grate in front of our house as well. No probs so far. (Now I've said that, you KNOW what will happen this year!)

palmtre2
12-20-2007, 07:57 AM
Auntie - we are from the Marlton area, and the plow drivers are scary.

AuntieMame
12-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Auntie - we are from the Marlton area, and the plow drivers are scary.

We live near the 73/70 circle - behind Carollas.
The plow drivers are less scary if you feed them Hot Chocolate.;)

palmtre2
12-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Well Auntie Mame, howdie neighbor, we're in Cambridge Park!!!!
Hope you had an enjoyable holiday. I just got together with friends from Cherry Hill that will be joining us in Aruba and we are too excited. Only 86 days and counting!!!!!

AuntieMame
12-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Well Auntie Mame, howdie neighbor, we're in Cambridge Park!!!!
Hope you had an enjoyable holiday. I just got together with friends from Cherry Hill that will be joining us in Aruba and we are too excited. Only 86 days and counting!!!!!

Howdy!

Okay. Now I am officially jealous.

Looks like USAirways is going to be phasing out the non stop to Aruba. :mad:

(Are you going to the Marlton Circle meeting on Jan 3rd?)

palmtre2
12-27-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm supposed to be on a non-stop USAir flight back from Aruba at the end of March - where did you get this info, I'm wondering if my flight is in jeopardy??!!

My husband is planning on attending - I don't see any need to take the road up and over everything. A well marked intersection certainly can't be any more dangerous than the circle was, and it will be way less disruptive to the existing businesses and traffic flow. I'm just wondering which politicians family member won't be making a killing if the overpass doesn't happen.

AuntieMame
12-27-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm supposed to be on a non-stop USAir flight back from Aruba at the end of March - where did you get this info, I'm wondering if my flight is in jeopardy??!!
March is still okay. I was looking at flights in May and finding only 1 stop flights except on Saturdays. :(

My husband is planning on attending - I don't see any need to take the road up and over everything. A well marked intersection certainly can't be any more dangerous than the circle was, and it will be way less disruptive to the existing businesses and traffic flow. I'm just wondering which politicians family member won't be making a killing if the overpass doesn't happen.

That's what we're all wondering. But it won't be someone local. They are all new. Must be people at NJ DOT.

Arubalisa
01-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Okay Cindy, did you get snow today? How did the mail box make out? Inquiring minds want to know! :D ;)

cindyo
01-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Hey Lisa...Got about the 6 inches yesterday, school canceled. Husband home with a 101 fever. The SOB of a plow driver plowed out street yesterday. The dectective at the police station and the DPW director banned him from our neighbor....Glad to see they have a lot of power in our town. Anyway, we have a new mailbox standing which we were able to put up during that nice spell of weather.....Its still standing, not yanked out(YET?). My husband has banned me from looking out the door at the plow driver, he thinks that will cause trouble. MEANWHILE, I have seen the SOB driving around town in his personal truck that I recognize from the Monday eve caper. MY ONLY THOUGHTS are...what comes around goes around, and I need to be good, not aggrevate the police and DPW director, or the plow driver. IT makes me absolutely crazy, and I mean crazy, seeing this truck driver tooling around town.
Anyway, thanks for asking....So, in other words, I guess things are ok, the new mailbox still stands....

Arubalisa
01-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Well Cindy, sorry to hear about your dh. Hope he is feeling better, nothing a week in Aruba wouldn't cure eh? :rolleyes: In the meantime I suppose it is just good old chicken soup which will have to do the trick.

In all of my 46 years, each and every year I come closer and closer to sincerely hoping that mean people get what they deserve in the end. If even they don't, I find that at least thinking they will, helps us to keep our sanity.

Andrea J.
01-15-2008, 10:10 PM
i think we could ban together on halloween night and play evil tricks on the "mean people", not only limited to Cindy's SOB plow driver. the SOB could be the first on the list. ;)

ArubalisaWell Cindy, sorry to hear about your dh. Hope he is feeling better, nothing a week in Aruba wouldn't cure eh? :rolleyes: In the meantime I suppose it is just good old chicken soup which will have to do the trick.

In all of my 46 years, each and every year I come closer and closer to sincerely hoping that mean people get what they deserve in the end. If even they don't, I find that at least thinking they will, helps us to keep our sanity

Hey Lisa...Got about the 6 inches yesterday, school canceled. Husband home with a 101 fever. The SOB of a plow driver plowed out street yesterday. The dectective at the police station and the DPW director banned him from our neighbor....Glad to see they have a lot of power in our town. Anyway, we have a new mailbox standing which we were able to put up during that nice spell of weather.....Its still standing, not yanked out(YET?). My husband has banned me from looking out the door at the plow driver, he thinks that will cause trouble. MEANWHILE, I have seen the SOB driving around town in his personal truck that I recognize from the Monday eve caper. MY ONLY THOUGHTS are...what comes around goes around, and I need to be good, not aggrevate the police and DPW director, or the plow driver. IT makes me absolutely crazy, and I mean crazy, seeing this truck driver tooling around town.
Anyway, thanks for asking....So, in other words, I guess things are ok, the new mailbox still stands....

cindyo
01-16-2008, 03:02 PM
First stop...DPW station in Cumberland, RI ( SOB parks there)....next, Post office, who haven't figured out that the new mail box is up....our mail is in limbo...3 wks now.....who knows where it is.............No, I have to be good, don't need to be hit by the "full circle, of what comes around goes around".....I will keep repeating that.....
THAT BEING SAID....
Any place in maine for us to hit....Lisa, got any place we can stop at.......