PDA

View Full Version : Small Things Bring Joy to A Mother's Heart

Arubalisa
01-09-2008, 02:03 PM
:behappy:
Dd was very excited when she returned home from her first day back to school following her holiday break. She did have a lot of homework, but EVERYONE, from teachers to classmates, including the class bully, complimented her on her suntan.

What an ego booster for her. :D Priceless! Gotta love SPF 30 ;)

AuntieMame
01-09-2008, 04:06 PM
That's great.

Bet she was chuffed!

cindyo
01-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Good for her !!!! She 's too cute ! co

Andrea J.
01-09-2008, 08:15 PM
glad that she made a terrific impression, even on the bully
way to go C!

andrea

:behappy:
Dd was very excited when she returned home from her first day back to school following her holiday break. She did have a lot of homework, but EVERYONE, from teachers to classmates, including the class bully, complimented her on her suntan.

What an ego booster for her. :D Priceless! Gotta love SPF 30 ;)

Chelle
01-10-2008, 11:16 AM
That's soo awesome.

Debbie
01-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Yep, gotta love the Aruba tan you get.....nothing beats it!!!

Debbie

MercedesCLK550
01-12-2008, 10:35 PM
I keep telling my husband to wear a hat. His head burns and then he can't brush his hair (the little he has left). I love that man! :D
He uses block 30 and still burns.:(
The kids come back with beautiful tans! ;)

Arubalisa
01-12-2008, 11:25 PM
I keep telling my husband to wear a hat. :D Dh doesn't have much hair left up top. Dd complains when she gets sunburned on her part in her hair...Our solution is dorky but it works and they have underchin straps for when the wind picks up.
http://www.arubabound.com/photos/us/charlienjerry_wateri.jpg

coronacathy
01-13-2008, 05:55 PM
What a beautiful picture! Those are two happy people. Thats a great idea. Especially the fact that they can tie. Might have to get my hubby one!

Andrea J.
01-13-2008, 07:29 PM
C looks SO young in that photo!
She is now so growed up;)
andrea

:D Dh doesn't have much hair left up top. Dd complains when she gets sunburned on her part in her hair...Our solution is dorky but it works and they have underchin straps for when the wind picks up.
http://www.arubabound.com/photos/us/charlienjerry_wateri.jpg

Arubalisa
01-13-2008, 08:32 PM
C looks SO young in that photo!
She is now so growed up;)
andrea:D September 2006.

Now she is so old she is telling her father that he roasts his coffee beans too dark and she prefers them lighter. :doh:

Andrea J.
01-13-2008, 09:48 PM
omg she is just too funny

and.........
your jerry roasts coffee beans?!?!
holy cow
do you rent him out?
andrea

:D September 2006.

Now she is so old she is telling her father that he roasts his coffee beans too dark and she prefers them lighter. :doh:

cindyo
01-13-2008, 10:15 PM
A girl after my own heart....coffee beans roasted....to funny

Arubalisa
01-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Hmm, some men spend money on sports cars, expensive stereo systems, flashy clothes :rolleyes:...nope not my dh!!! :D He is a coffee connoisseur. Last year for Christmas I bought him a coffee roaster. He has been buying his own beans online and grinding them his self for years. Now he roasts them as well. It is considerably less expensive. The worst part of our last trip to Aruba was not having my dh make my capuccino each morning of course with fresh roasted espresso! :o

... AND he is what I refer to, as an amateur gourmet chef! :D :D Today he made Manhattan Clam Chowder-- yum, yum! He left out the bacon and bacon fat to reduce the calories. :cool:

He keeps telling me he is worth a lot of money on the open market! I think he is right!