PDA

View Full Version : Question for Aruba Lisa

tdf114
02-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Aruba Lisa,
Do you know if there is free parking at the Westin? I am trying to decide if I want to rent a car and I can't make up my mind. Having to pay for parking will help me make my decision. I've been to Aruba before and I don't have to rent a car I thought it would just be more convenient. I've read your trip report, what would you do? The money will be about the same amount whether I rent a car or take taxis everywhere.
Also, thanks in advance for your help b/c for some reason I cannot reply to posts.

Thanks again,
Tricia

Liz - Aruba Lover
02-27-2008, 05:06 PM
I stayed at the Westin in Sept. and had a rental car. Parking is free. Since I had the valet park or pickup the car for me from the lot a few times, I did tip the valet.

Arubalisa
02-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Liz covered it. The only advice I have Tricia is to figure out exactly how much time you will be spending on the beach. You may be able to save a little bit of money and just rent a car for a few days.

serene56
02-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Now that is something I never thought of--- what hotels DO charge for parking in Aruba?

marino
02-28-2008, 06:35 PM
My husband and I were at the Westin in November. Parking was free then. You can also have a valet park your car for you. I think there might be a fee associated with that.

I know the Hyatt charges. I think it's $5 a day.

I would rather think the parking is free. Just absorb the parking rate into the cost of the room that way I wouldn't know that I was paying to park.

cindyo
02-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Reaissance doesn't charge to park at their site on the waterfront. DOn't know about the marina tower as we stay at the suites.