PDA

View Full Version : Kong Hing Supermarket

jlk51496
04-01-2008, 01:53 PM
My dad will be shopping here when we go in May! My husband and I will be bringing our 9 month old down there for her first time! (We've been down many times) I was just wondering if they have the baby food and diapers we use so I know what I have to buy up here! AND is it worth it!?!?! How exp are they!?

We use Gerber Stage 2 fuits and veggies and pampers cruisers stage 3! I would pack them but I am afraid it will take up too much room in the suitcases!?!?
Any tips/suggestions!?!?

pkornnh
04-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Ling and Sons have some of their products listed on line, but not all. The drug store down town had a good diaper varity also.
http://www.lingandsons.com/ling/home.do
Have a great time.
We brought our granddaughter when she 7 and 13 months old. She had a ball and it was fun for us also. We were very agreeable baby sitter.

Pete

donsullivan
04-02-2008, 12:35 AM
We shopped at Ling and Sons last year for my 1 year old. Gerber was the in stock food brand (many choices stage 1-3) and we purchased pampers throughout the 10 day stay. Pack light for the baby. Prices were not bad. Depending upon how long you are staying, I can't see bringing that much food or diapers without feeling weighed down in the luggage dept.

We're going back down in June. My son will be two. We will bring enough diapers for the plane ride and them off to the grocery store when we land. Don't woryy. The hardest thing to find was regular cheerios.....

tds-ken
04-29-2008, 02:24 PM
You might ask the Love god!! He loves a variety of baby food and does wear adult diapers!!!!;);););):D:D:DDouble:D:D:D

cindyo
04-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Order the minimal stuff you need on line, and then when you get a chance take a cab to the grocery store. Ling and sons is very resonable, reliable, and has a great asst. cindyo

ArubaSalsa
04-29-2008, 08:45 PM
Kong Hing carries all major brands of diapers and baby food. Pampers, Huggies, gerber... The prices there are also lower than at Ling and Sons. (made some comparisons)

Local's opinion :)

BethanneAruba
10-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Anyone know if the King Hong supermarket is open on Sundays and if so until what time?

~Amy~®
10-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Anyone know if the King Hong supermarket is open on Sundays and if so until what time?

Kong Hing is open on Sundays until 1pm.

The new Kong Fui grocery store (located on Palm Beach Rd.) is open until 8pm on Sundays. They don't have a great selection yet but you can at least pick up a few things that you might need.

BethanneAruba
10-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks a bunch Amy - you're a lifesaver!

~Amy~®
10-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks a bunch Amy - you're a lifesaver!

Always happy to help! :)

EHampite
10-18-2010, 07:18 PM
We usually will go to Cheng's on Sundays since they are open until 8:00 p.m. They have a much bigger selection than Kong Fui. Kong Fui is a much nicer store, but they didn't have anything that we needed - as Amy said, their selection is not that great.

DANNYO
10-19-2010, 07:38 PM
??????Why would someone spend all that money to open a new supermarket and not have a good selection of items.Does anyone know this owner, he has a great location and I would hate to see it close.

Randi
10-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Is this the store ( Kong Fui) that was being built on the area that was the Black Hog Saloon?

Andrea J.
10-19-2010, 08:42 PM
no randi

the store where the black hog once stood is still "on paper".
in january the place was bulldozed and cleared.
in august it looked the same.....don't know where the progress is now?

the other new/completed store is on palm beach rd, heading towards wacky wahoo and lindas pancakes.

Randi
10-19-2010, 08:56 PM
got it!;):)

EHampite
10-20-2010, 06:20 AM
no randi

the store where the black hog once stood is still "on paper".
in january the place was bulldozed and cleared.
in august it looked the same.....don't know where the progress is now?

the other new/completed store is on palm beach rd, heading towards wacky wahoo and lindas pancakes.

Still an empty, bulldozed lot when we were there two weeks ago!

lizzardo
10-20-2010, 08:29 AM
There will be a superfood where the black hog was

BethanneAruba
10-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks - where is Cheng's?

Andrea J.
10-23-2010, 05:15 PM
coming from the high rise area heading towrds the downtown, turnleft at the traffic lights where the aruban resort is located.

coming from the low rise area, turn right at the lights where the mini golf/ black hog "used to be located".

chengs is located about a mile on the right....just before the turn to madame janette's street.

Thanks - where is Cheng's?

DANNYO
10-23-2010, 06:51 PM
There is a sign coming soon Super Food.But no work has been done all week.It is where Black Hog used to be.