PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo party boat vs dinner cruise

Tonia
05-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Has anyone been on this boat? How was it?

Chris from CT
05-24-2005, 11:15 PM
All Im gonna say is.....DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT!

Bruce
05-25-2005, 06:55 AM
Tonia,
We did it first week of may. There wasnt alot of people on the boat the night we went so it was kinfa boring. a few got seasick and a few got "drunk sick". Have fun if you decide to do it.

Jami
05-25-2005, 07:53 AM
I wasn't too impressed when we went on it. The food was so-so and it was overcrowded. If you like loud music and a crowded atmosphere, go for it. I would just save your money and have a nice dinner and drinks at one of th ehotels instead. I guess you'll never know unless you try it out. Either way, have a great time there!

Reggie
05-25-2005, 08:43 AM
I was on the Tattoo boat when my wife and I were in Aruba last year for our honeymoon. We went on the evening booze-cruise thing.

To be honest, it really wasn't that great. Long lines for drinks... food was mediocre...

Lots of dancing... but I would save my money and go to Carlos and Charlies if you're looking for a fun time.

Tattoo
05-25-2005, 04:49 PM
I heard it changed from last year, the food i think is from a restaurant in town that cater?? also, Giovanni from Grammies entertains ther now - i'm going Saturday!

markandjulie
05-25-2005, 10:09 PM
We went on it in Nov. 2003 during our Honeymoon. It wasn't the greatest, but we made the best of it and had a good time. We just got back from Aruba and this time we did the kukoo bus, and had an absolute blast! Have fun whatever you decide to do!

paula
05-26-2005, 10:41 AM
we went on the tattoo boat last year, also. however, it was during the day. the kids loved it.....rope swing.....slide into water.....nice lunch. this year, i was bummed to find out they no longer service during the day. that is too bad. the kids really looked forward to it again.

AEK
05-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Went on it back in 99 while on our honeymoon in. We went in the evening and just had drinks/dancing. I don't recall why we didn't have dinner, maybe it was just optional. We went towards the end of our vacation after we had met another couple which made all the difference having some people to drink/dance/socialize with. We really had a great time. The view of the island all lit up at night was very pretty. There was a good amount of people on it, but I don't remember it being crowded. Hope this helps.

saz
04-03-2008, 03:09 PM
My boyfriend and I are heading to Aruba in a few weeks, we cannot wait! :D We are NOT party animals. But we do want to do fun things on the island. We'd love to go on a cruise, but we're not sure if we should opt for the party cruise or the dinner/dance cruise.

I can imagine the party boat is self explanatory - a PARTY. Is it full of young people? Does it get rowdy?

The dinner/dance cruise seems more mellow and "elegant."

Have any of you been on either? Please describe your experience. Thank you!

(The link for tattoo party cruises is http://www.arubaadventures.com/tattoo/)

JRfan
04-03-2008, 08:41 PM
I went on the Tattoo a few years ago. It is one big party. It was pretty much all young people. The food is not very good. We had a good time because we like to dance but we wouldn't do it again.

FFgoo
04-05-2008, 08:27 AM
My wife and I did the Tattoo while we were there on our honeymoon last August. My wife is not a dancer and by the end of the night she was dancing and having a great time. As far as the people, there were a lot of young people however there was a good amount of the "older" crowd as well. All got along great with no "issues". We will be going back in January '09 and are still trying to decide if we are going to do it again. Would I?.....Yea, it was a good time...and as you cruise back they open up a water slide and rope swing in the back of the boat....that was pretty funny to watch too....next time I will participate. Overall would give it a 8!!:thumb:

Albany2Aruba
04-08-2008, 12:40 PM
We really wanted to do the party boat and I tried booking it online but I guess we should have called first to confirm because we showed up at the dock and they told us it was cancelled! Oh well, they directed us to the DePalm sunset sail (http://www.depalm.com/tropical_nights/palm_pleasure_sunset_sail.html)and arranged a discount for us to go on that instead. Sailing around the island at sunset is a magical experience. We enjoyed the open bar and even though it wasn't a "party" cruise, we sure had fun on it. Enjoy!

tds-ken
04-15-2008, 10:43 AM
I believe that your original assessment of the two is correct. Party boat is a large party, and the sunset, by no means boring, is more sedate!!

Have fun, You should do both!!!!

ctstrick
09-03-2008, 02:08 PM
I know you've already been on your trip, but I just got back from Aruba last week and had a great time on the Tatoo! The food was good, the staff was friendly, and the bar was top notch. I really liked how the first floor was a fun dance party, but you could go to the uppper decks to sit and relax. The slower music and dance floor on the top champagne deck made for a great romantic evening. Whether your looking for a hopping party or a calmer sort of evening, this boat is awesome!

ctstrick
09-03-2008, 02:15 PM
I was on this boat on my honeymoon back in July and it was awesome! The food was great and the staff was really friendly and accommodating. The boat was full, and the first deck had great music and tons of people dancing. My wife and I got tired towards the end of cruise and retreated up top to the third deck to relax. They served champagne up on that deck, and the candles on the tables and the dance floor were a nice touch. All in all, it was the perfect way to spend the evening!

Andrea J.
09-03-2008, 05:29 PM
i never knew that the TATTOO party boat had a "quiet and relaxing side " candles on the tables on the upper deck! WOW

i learn something new every day on this site.
andrea

I was on this boat on my honeymoon back in July and it was awesome! The food was great and the staff was really friendly and accommodating. The boat was full, and the first deck had great music and tons of people dancing. My wife and I got tired towards the end of cruise and retreated up top to the third deck to relax. They served champagne up on that deck, and the candles on the tables and the dance floor were a nice touch. All in all, it was the perfect way to spend the evening!

chs4
09-04-2008, 10:37 AM
"Third Deck Dining" area w/candles:

http://yachtbroker.escapeartist.com/images/3823.jpg

I don't know if it still the case, but the Tattoo has been listed for sale for quite a while now: Successful Charter Vessel in Aruba For Sale (http://yachtbroker.escapeartist.com/boats/action/view/boat/297/index.html)

NOTE: Please don't take this as an advertisement. I have no stake in the Tattoo and provide the above link for informational purposes only.

Chip Collector
09-05-2008, 11:59 AM
If anyone has any leftover tokens (drink tokens, I believe) that you don't want, I would be interested in them. PM me if you do.

arubaOCD
09-05-2008, 12:08 PM
We did the boat a few years back, it was okay. The food was not that great but drinks and dancing were good. We plan to do the bus this year, have not done it yet, heard its a blast. Nice to hear Giovanni is still around. We met him a several years ago when he did some entertaining at our resort.

Arubalisa
05-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Tattoo Party Boat still around? (http://www.aruba.com/forum/f10/tattoo-party-boat-still-around-50687/)

The boat has been sold and moved off of Aruba