PDA

View Full Version : Need Help w/choosing vehicle

suereiner
04-30-2008, 10:52 PM
This will be our first time to Aruba and would like to drive all around the island ourselves, but won't be attempting the natural pool. Will a regular SUV do the trick (versus a Jeep Wrangler?) Thanks! Sue from DC

Arubalisa
04-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Yes, we like Terios and Suzuki XL-7's.

Eagle Beach Boy
05-01-2008, 08:31 AM
This will be our first time to Aruba and would like to drive all around the island ourselves, but won't be attempting the natural pool. Will a regular SUV do the trick (versus a Jeep Wrangler?) Thanks! Sue from DC

If you are not planning on doing "Off-Road" a car will get you every where else. Air conditioned, dry(if it should shower), and a lockable trunk.

Graham Flanagan
05-01-2008, 09:30 AM
A regular car/SUV will get you around the island, however, I would go with the Jeep Wrangler if you change your mind and decide that you want to go to the Natural Pool.

:cool:

tds-ken
05-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Jeep:)Jeep:DJeep:pJeep:oJeep:rolleyes:Jeep:eek:

love god
05-01-2008, 01:55 PM
A jeep would be my choice as well!!!!!!!!:D

pkornnh
05-01-2008, 02:16 PM
If you are not planning to go to the natural pool, I would get the cheapest vehicle that fits your needs.
I now rent a subcompact for my wife and I from Thrifty. With only the two of us it has plenty of room. I actually like the convince of having a hatchback for our snorkeling trips with gear and cooler in the back.
Definitely not my cup of tea back home, 4 door sports sedan, but it work for vacation in Aruba at $190/week including airport fees, taxes, etc...

suereiner
05-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Thanks everyone for your help, appreciate it! Looking forward to our first visit to Aruba (next February.) We know we will love the island! Sue from DC

:behappy: