PDA

View Full Version : What To Bring On Your Vacation...

cindyo
05-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Well, its kinda boring out there right now, so I decided to start a new thread on things to bring to aruba with you that you might not think of....
blow up tubes( why rent, bring your own from Target 3.99)
clothes line- although the hotel has one of those lines in the tub, it doens't hold 4 suits and they don't dry. We tie a line on our balconey
Coffee-can't live without my dunks brewing in the room to wake me up. I bring the filters, creamora and sugar too...
Telescopic fishing rod- gives my kids and nieces and nephews plenty of fun. The restaurant on the islands give them bait
Extension cord- yes, sounds stupid, but most rooms are plug deficient
Air Freshner- Bathrooms have no ventilation, and some rooms take on that damp smell. My kids say I over do it...
Paper cups- yep, 3oz cups for the bathroom. Use them for pills, etc and not have to worry with the glass breaking etc. on the tile floor
Small Tupperware box- sandwhich size to put snacks, cheese and crackers in
Cooler- portable size, fill up with ice at the machines and carry your drinks to the beach or poolside
Quaters- for the washing machine, at the airport for the luggage carts, vending machines..

Anyone else out there got any great ideas?

cindyo

Andrea J.
05-14-2008, 07:50 PM
your list is good!
we have with us a power strip due to the lack of outlets
(aa battery charger, cell phone charger, dvd player charger)
bathroom air freshener= we bring a small yankee candle

we also bring bounce dryer sheets, rub them on our bodies and it is good insect repellent and no sticky feel and yukky smell.

i am foggy from allergies, that's all i can think of now.
andrea

Well, its kinda boring out there right now, so I decided to start a new thread on things to bring to aruba with you that you might not think of....
blow up tubes( why rent, bring your own from Target 3.99)
clothes line- although the hotel has one of those lines in the tub, it doens't hold 4 suits and they don't dry. We tie a line on our balconey
Coffee-can't live without my dunks brewing in the room to wake me up. I bring the filters, creamora and sugar too...
Telescopic fishing rod- gives my kids and nieces and nephews plenty of fun. The restaurant on the islands give them bait
Extension cord- yes, sounds stupid, but most rooms are plug deficient
Air Freshner- Bathrooms have no ventilation, and some rooms take on that damp smell. My kids say I over do it...
Paper cups- yep, 3oz cups for the bathroom. Use them for pills, etc and not have to worry with the glass breaking etc. on the tile floor
Small Tupperware box- sandwhich size to put snacks, cheese and crackers in
Cooler- portable size, fill up with ice at the machines and carry your drinks to the beach or poolside
Quaters- for the washing machine, at the airport for the luggage carts, vending machines..

Anyone else out there got any great ideas?

cindyo

cindyo
05-15-2008, 07:24 AM
UMM...bet you "smelled " good...snuggle? LOL...Good idea. though.... ...cindy

Lexi822
05-16-2008, 07:51 AM
Great lists. Where is the closest laundromat to the Ren?

cindyo
05-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Lexi...They have machines in the hotel. End of coridor, eats quarters.....Bring a timer with you, poeple get mad and toss your stuff out. If you have a timer, you will know when its done and beable to pull it out yourself.
Have a great time, send some pics to the site pls ! Happy wedding day...you'll be in heaven ! cindyo

Lexi822
05-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks Cindy ~ You just saved me lots of packing! I will post the pics as soon as we get back. I have Bully picking us up also...I'm going to tell him that the Boston Crowd recommended him.

taketime4you
05-30-2008, 08:13 PM
we also bring bounce dryer sheets, rub them on our bodies and it is good insect repellent and no sticky feel and yukky smell.

Does this really work???? I am a mosquito magnet and that has been once of my big concerns...if it does, you are my hero!!!

Masscpl19
07-07-2008, 12:19 PM
My wife and I are going to Aruba on July 25 for a week . This is our second trip. Is there anyone else going that week ? We'd love to hear from you
We are renewing our marriage vows . Anyone going that week . We are staying a LaCabana Resort . If so we'd love to hear from you

One curious question does anyone know if Verizon charges International rates while in Aruba Verizon to Verizon?

btw thanks cindy O for all you help on the vows renewal with Rev gibson

richard O

Arubalisa
07-07-2008, 12:43 PM
One curious question does anyone know if Verizon charges International rates while in Aruba Verizon to Verizon?
richard O
International roaming
http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Roaming/Caribbean/Aruba.html (http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Roaming/Caribbean/Aruba.html)
"Rate Information
CDMA Standard Roaming Per Minute Rate: 1.99
CDMA Value Plan Roaming Per Minute Rate: 1.99 "

arubamark
09-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Nice! I picked up some good tips for this year. I think I will pack a few air freshener plug ins, pack a box of gallon or large zip locks for snacks or for holding ice in my colapsable cooler, a power strip is a good idea for all the chargers, a couple of inflatable rafts for the kids and I might even bring a telescopic fishing pole for behind the rest on ren island. I will be ordering my sun blocks today!

danadog56
09-26-2008, 10:42 AM
:)I always take saran wrap and aluminum foil...the cheap kind from the dollar store as well as zippy bags in a variety of sizes. Soft coolers are great--don't take up much room in suitcase.
CindyO- I bring my own coffee as well and creamers too.
If you cook at all in the rooms...I bring seasonings...Like Italian seasoning for spaghetti, garlic pepper, my own salt and pepper. Sometimes the rooms have s/p and sometimes they don't. I also bring a small balsamic vinegar and olive oil.....what ever we have left...we either give to the maids (they really appreciate it) or I have friends that live on the island...they appreciate it also !!!
We also wait till end of season and get the cheap 1.50 rafts from walmart for 1.00.............there is always someone who has kids that is willing to take them when we are leaving for home...
Ipod docking station with batteries is also a must for the beach..have to have music while enjoying the sun...
insulated sippy cups to bring slushies from the room to the beach
Last year I even brought an older teflon frying pan...could not stand the ones at the resort..they always burn the breakfast potatoes !!! Then just left it there...:D:D

Arubalisa
09-26-2008, 12:23 PM
:)Last year I even brought an older teflon frying pan...could not stand the ones at the resort..they always burn the breakfast potatoes !!! Then just left it there...:D:D
Why not timeshare storage? :)

danadog56
09-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Why not timeshare storage? :)

Please explain further....I never knew we could do something like that...geez, I could keep some of the stuff I end up giving away !!!!

Arubalisa
09-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Please explain further....I never knew we could do something like that...geez, I could keep some of the stuff I end up giving away !!!!
Here you go http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/time-share-storage-29733/ (http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/time-share-storage-29733/)
Everything you need to know...:) Andrea can answer all your questions. I think she has it down to a science. ;) :)

monewcamp
09-27-2008, 08:11 AM
Does this really work???? I am a mosquito magnet and that has been once of my big concerns...if it does, you are my hero!!!

taketime4you,
I too a bug bite magnet-Antigua the sand fleas found me, mosquitos find me no matter where I am

I'm heading to Aruba in March, not sure what the bugs are like that time of year
If you try the drier sheets and it works please post!!
I'm sure many will want to know.

Arubalisa
09-27-2008, 10:44 AM
I'm heading to Aruba in March, not sure what the bugs are like that time of year
March is not rainy season. You should not have trouble with any bugs.

arukluth
09-27-2008, 05:20 PM
When is rainy season?

Arubalisa
09-27-2008, 06:45 PM
When is rainy season?
October through mid-January

September weather
Average high temperature 90 F.
Average low temperature 80 F.
Average temperature 84 F.
Average water temperature 83 F.
Average rainfall 1.40 inches (20.3 inches annual)
Average windspeed 15 mph

October weather
Average low temperature 80 F.
Average temperature 83 F.
Average rainfall 2.60 inches (20.3 inches annual)
Average windspeed 13 mph

November weather
Average low temperature 78 F.
Average temperature 82 F.
Average rainfall 3.10 inches (20.3 inches annual)
Average windspeed 13 mph

December weather
Average high temperature 87 F.
Average low temperature 76 F.
Average temperature 80 F.
Average water temperature 81 F.
Average rainfall 3.3 inches (20.3 inches annual)
Average windspeed 15 mph

January weather
Average high temperature 86 F.
Average low temperature 76 F.
Average temperature 80 F.
Average water temperature 79 F.
Average rainfall 1.5 inches (20.3 inches annual)
Average windspeed 16 mph

February- .75 inches
March- .30 inches
April - .50 inches

shady grady
10-18-2008, 08:45 PM
1st get off the plane, then rent a car, next go to one of the nice grocery stores and buy 10 cases of Balashi. Believe me, your gonna have a great time.