PDA

View Full Version : It's going to rain on my daughters wedding day

Liz - Aruba Lover
05-31-2008, 03:39 AM
My daughter Tina is getting married today and the weather report for New Jersey is horrendous. It's suppose to be worse than just rain - strong thunderstorms, large hail and strong winds. It's been beautiful here all week; last Saturday was beautiful weather. We had the church reherersal and reheresal dinner tonight. Brad, Tina's almost husband went out and bought 10 golf umbrellas. I'm so upset. Oh, well. We have no control over weather but I was hoping for glorious weather for our only child's wedding day.

SanNic44
05-31-2008, 06:28 AM
Liz,

I just looked at the radar and that line of storms is finished with Ohio and on its way into Pennsylvania. Sorry about that.:(

Arubalisa
05-31-2008, 07:25 AM
Sorry to hear this. If it is any consolation, there is an Italian proverb about marriage:
"Sposa bagnata, sposa fortunata"
A wet bride is a lucky bride (referring to rain on the wedding day)"

cindyo
05-31-2008, 08:06 AM
Its a good luck sign....Hope the day is grand anyway, all the best, cindy

Chelle
05-31-2008, 09:45 AM
It is supposed to be a sign of good luck. Either way......congrats on your daughter's wedding & hope you all have a great time.

May you have wonderful memories of your daughter's special day.

Andrea J.
05-31-2008, 11:23 PM
wedding report????

please do tell.

andrea

cindyo
06-01-2008, 07:32 AM
Liz, How was it...it never rained here as reported, so maybe it didn't rain there? Hope the day was great no matter what. It was a very special day for you. best, cindy

DANNYO
06-01-2008, 11:14 AM
:behappy:Hope all went well with the wedding,I'm in north Jersey and the rain held up until about 630 last night,hope it did the same for you.Congratulations .

gina
06-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Liz~ I am in central Jersey & we had a graduation party to attend early last evening. It rained early & then again later in the evening (after7:30), so hopefully it didn't affect the wedding. It really turned out to be a much better day than expected (NO HAIL!!!). Please let us know how it went. My daughter got married 3 years ago this summer & I know just how you felt yesterday! Where was the wedding? Congrats; I'm sure it was beautiful!!