PDA

View Full Version : Arubalisa - We Await Reports From Aruba

rob o
06-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Arubalisa.....saved my 200th post for you! Hope your trip was smooth all the way.

We await your updates from paradise!

DANNYO
06-12-2008, 10:22 PM
RobO.....Conratulations on your 200 th. post.We really need to get a life...:behappy::behappy::behappy::behappy::behapp y::behappy::behappy::behappy::behappy::behappy:

rob o
06-13-2008, 07:51 AM
RobO.....Conratulations on your 200 th. post.We really need to get a life...:behappy::behappy::behappy::behappy::behapp y::behappy::behappy::behappy::behappy::behappy:
Thanks DannyO....by the way, you are right.

Problem is that I swore off the sports page after the super bowl (or Stupor Bowl if you're a Pats fan), similar to what I did after the Sox in 1986. If the Celtics win....that may win me back. In the meantine, the Business Section is terrible, the Energy Section is worse, and the campaign....give me a break...I am sick of baseless, empty promises.

Arubalisa
06-13-2008, 09:51 AM
:D WOO HOO! :behappy:Congratulations on 200!

Dh just finished up work this a.m. here on the beach at the palapa outside our room and went to the towel hut for assorted odds and ends like towels & floats. I offered to go, he would not hear of it. Quite the gentleman. :) So I am here with ya'll instead.

Gotta go though there is a sailboat passing by and it is time to stare at the ocean istead of the this 'puter screen.

Andrea J.
06-13-2008, 12:43 PM
200 posts!
cool

enjoy your time lisa and j and c
andrea

:D WOO HOO! :behappy:Congratulations on 200!

Dh just finished up work this a.m. here on the beach at the palapa outside our room and went to the towel hut for assorted odds and ends like towels & floats. I offered to go, he would not hear of it. Quite the gentleman. :) So I am here with ya'll instead.

Gotta go though there is a sailboat passing by and it is time to stare at the ocean istead of the this 'puter screen.

Chelle
06-13-2008, 04:05 PM
ENJOY....ENJOY....ENJOY.......we are sooo jealous. Can't wait to read your report(s) Lisa.

Arubalisa
06-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Thank you everyone for your well wishes. :)

Unfortunately yesterday was a blur :( after my original morning post. Wish to say that I was in a Balashi induced haze, but instead I had an awful, what my neuro refers to as, "sports migraine". Though it has been windy, windy, windy, the extreme heat and a lack of morning caffeine via capuccino just did me in. :o

I slept for about an hour before dinner and felt a tiny bit better and took more migraine med at 4 a.m. and thankfully woke up at 6:30 a.m. today feeling SOOO... much better.

This morning we had a fantastic tour with Kini Kini. I HIGHLY recommend them. More on them to come.

Note to SanNic, dh is enjoying the book but is grumbling he has only gotten through 50 pages, just too busy. He has though had quite a few chuckles, seems you two have similar senses of humor. :cool: Tomorrow if Father's Day, his day, so I will make sure that he parks himself under a palapa to really sink his teeth into it. :D

Dd is exhausted from 4 hours in the swimming pool after the tour today playing with her new friends and wants mommy to turn out the light. :doh: Dh fell asleep awhile ago.

More to follow...

rob o
06-15-2008, 08:05 AM
today feeling SOOO... much better.

Sorry about migranes:(:(...Let's have good health and smiley faces the rest of your stay!:):).

SanNic44
06-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Lisa,

Sorry about the migraines. Man, that can knock you out, literally. Perhaps enough Balashi was not imbibed?;)

Anyway, glad the DH is enjoying the reading material.

Saludos!

cindyo
06-15-2008, 10:31 AM
happy fathers day to dh. Hope your vacation is wonderful and that you give us a total report of every breathing moment. If you start now, you can keep a journal so you don't forget anything.( Yah right cindy....I have better things to do than keep a journal for you guys....) Anyway, we are interested in hearing about the ride.
DOn't forget the sunscreen...
Are you a celebrity down there?? everyone must know who you are...

KATH2ME
06-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Rob O - Congrats On The 200th - Wow --

Arubalisa - I Feel So Bad About Your Headache, They Shouldn't Be Allowed To Happen When You Are Trying To Vacation And Relax. Glad You Feel Better. Can't Wait For A Total Update On Your Return ( Which How Long Are You There For ?) Sounds Like Thus Far, Its Been Wonderful, I Think You Snorkel Tomorrow, Yes ? Have A Great Time.

Sannic44 - What Is This Book Arubalisa Is Writing About ?

Anyway, Happy Fathers Day To All The Dads Out There

SanNic44
06-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Kath2Me,

I don't want to overstep my bounds on the board. But I wrote a book called An Island Away, which takes place mostly in San Nicolaas, Aruba. Check out my website for an excerpt and other details. You can get there through my blog at www.bentpage.wordpress.com.

Thanks,

Arubalisa
06-15-2008, 11:16 PM
Congratulations RobO on 200! :behappy:Cindy, I am sooo...NOT a celebrity...read my gripe about the taxis.

Did not do anything today except read 2 magazines, chase after dd to make sure she was behaving herself :rolleyes:, eat and swim in the ocean. Dh did everything I did replacing magazines with book. Head is better, dh went to supermarket yesterday and picked up 2 six's of Brights so that went down real nice on the beach late afternoon. :)

Tonight went to Pincho's for Jerry's Father's Day dinner. We should have stayed here at the resort. Pincho's was very nice, the food okay, but the ambiance with an outdoor Christian Revival going on throughout the ENTIRE dinner across the street was just pure torture. :doh: Need I say more? The 2 piece combo playing right there at Pinchos was even being drowned out by the music and shouting across the street. :mad: A real shame, but who knew?

My other HUGE beef? With Bully being off the island, we have been just using any taxi driver who is waiting outside the lobby here at the Tamarijn. We have rode in a taxi 5 times now while on the island and we have not had a driver say a word to us while driving, in other words, stone faced, Stepford wives have more personality.

Worst part of all, due to no fare increase since 2002, paying the 12% BBO out of their own pocket, coupled with the high price of gas, they are just making up the fares as they go along. 1 ride out of the 5 we were charged what we were supposed to be charged. The other new trick is that none of the drivers have change. Fare is $8 they do not expect to give you change for a $10. BUT when the fare is ONLY supposed to be $6 in the first place, who is fooling who?

Tonight we started collecting the taxi number of drivers who are not charging us what they are supposed to. At the end of the trip, we will send off a little email to ATA with the list. See how far that goes. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Tamarijn is booked solid and me thinks by the looks of things today, by tomorrow there is going to be a shortage of chaise lounges. Should make life EXTREMELY interesting. :rolleyes:

Sorry this has been so negative. On a good note, the weather has been nothing short of perfect. Some puffy white clouds in the a.m. and then by noon, clear blue skies with cirrus clouds. And need I mention the wind? ;)

Up tomorrow is the Jolly Pirates. Thankfully Bully's brother will be picking us up. We didn't have the heart to ask him to drive us tonight on Father's Day. Will surely be a good time. Just glad we won't be back at the resort until after the palapa wars. :(

Hope you Dads had a great day!

rob o
06-16-2008, 12:07 AM
Congratulations RobO on 200!

Worst part of all, due to no fare increase since 2002, paying the 12% BBO out of their own pocket, coupled with the high price of gas, they are just making up the fares as they go along. 1 ride out of the 5 we were charged what we were supposed to be charged. The other new trick is that none of the drivers have change. Fare is $8 they do not expect to give you change for a $10. BUT when the fare is ONLY supposed to be $6 in the first place, who is fooling who?

Thanks...

I always ask taxi price before the ride starts...and get them to agree before we go.

Andrea J.
06-16-2008, 08:40 AM
I am hoping that Cyrilio Croes reads this thread.
I am very interested in what he says and what he recommends about the taxis and their "mystery fares".

Yup rob is right, ask the fare b4 you get in.

Where is the taxi dispatch center? I bet that giving the dispatch center the taxi numbers would get a reaction.

I am sorry that they are paying their own BBO tax and that the fares have not increased in 5 yrs and that gas is obscenely high..........but ya know what???? not the tourist's fault.

If a tourist gets into a taxi, and the first impression is oh crap, i have got "mr cranky driver", and then there is NO CONVERSATION/no pleasantries by the driver, and then they get rogered with the fare..............that first impression is a lasting impression and could set the tone for the whole vacation.

i need to shut up and drink some more coffee

andrea
semi retired and not missing work yet

Congratulations RobO on 200! :behappy:Cindy, I am sooo...NOT a celebrity...read my gripe about the taxis.

Did not do anything today except read 2 magazines, chase after dd to make sure she was behaving herself :rolleyes:, eat and swim in the ocean. Dh did everything I did replacing magazines with book. Head is better, dh went to supermarket yesterday and picked up 2 six's of Brights so that went down real nice on the beach late afternoon. :)

Tonight went to Pincho's for Jerry's Father's Day dinner. We should have stayed here at the resort. Pincho's was very nice, the food okay, but the ambiance with an outdoor Christian Revival going on throughout the ENTIRE dinner across the street was just pure torture. :doh: Need I say more? The 2 piece combo playing right there at Pinchos was even being drowned out by the music and shouting across the street. :mad: A real shame, but who knew?

My other HUGE beef? With Bully being off the island, we have been just using any taxi driver who is waiting outside the lobby here at the Tamarijn. We have rode in a taxi 5 times now while on the island and we have not had a driver say a word to us while driving, in other words, stone faced, Stepford wives have more personality.

Tonight we started collecting the taxi number of drivers who are not charging us what they are supposed to. At the end of the trip, we will send off a little email to ATA with the list. See how far that goes. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Tamarijn is booked solid and me thinks by the looks of things today, by tomorrow there is going to be a shortage of chaise lounges. Should make life EXTREMELY interesting. :rolleyes:

Sorry this has been so negative. On a good note, the weather has been nothing short of perfect. Some puffy white clouds in the a.m. and then by noon, clear blue skies with cirrus clouds. And need I mention the wind? ;)

Up tomorrow is the Jolly Pirates. Thankfully Bully's brother will be picking us up. We didn't have the heart to ask him to drive us tonight on Father's Day. Will surely be a good time. Just glad we won't be back at the resort until after the palapa wars. :(

Hope you Dads had a great day!

Arubalisa
06-16-2008, 11:12 PM
I am sorry that they are paying their own BBO tax and that the fares have not increased in 5 yrs and that gas is obscenely high..........but ya know what???? not the tourist's fault.

If a tourist gets into a taxi, and the first impression is oh crap, i have got "mr cranky driver", and then there is NO CONVERSATION/no pleasantries by the driver, and then they get rogered with the fare..............that first impression is a lasting impression and could set the tone for the whole vacation.
This is EXACTLY how we feel. Dh is so very disgusted, read more below, that he is wants to cancel the two other off property dinners that we had planned. One, our anniversary at Passions I am not willing to concede, but the other maybe.

Today the weather was glorious just as the ones previous. We awaken to a few white puffy clouds and the further the day goes on, the fewer and fewer the clouds.

Dhaley from here on the forum, ourselves and another couple with 2 kids who I had met online and are also staying at the Tamarijn all sailed aboard the Jolly Pirates today. A great time was had by all. Imo, the Antilla is still a MUCH better dive than snorkel, but I guess if you don't dive, this at least gives you a glimpse. That is, IF, you can stand the waves and wind. :(

The other two stops at Boca Catalina and Malmok were nice easy snorkels. Lots of seaweed today, don't know what was up with that. :confused: Last stop is the infamous BBQ lunch and rope swing. Dd took her chances 3 times and needless to say had a blast. I have to see if any of the pics came out.

Only downer came when it was time to get back to the Tamarijn. A friend had given us all a ride to MoomBa and the departure point for JP's this a.m. but it was up to us to taxi back to the Tam. We walked from MoomBa to the Holiday Inn and out of their lobby and there were 4 taxi drivers seated on benches hanging out. Asked them what the fare was to the Tamarijn and they said $10. I had confirmed with Iris the concierge at the Tamarijn ESPECIALLY before we left this a.m. that the ride back "should" be $8.

Dh demanded to see their fare sheet where it showed the fare was $10. They all of a sudden acted like they did not even understand ENGLISH. :mad: Dh did not back down and again asked to see it in writing. Finally one of the drivers got up and went to his taxi to get the fare sheet. Came back saying it was still $10, dh told all of them point blank we would pay the $10 but we were also going to take taxi numbers and report them to the ATA.

Well don't you know, all of a sudden the taxi driver whips out the fare sheet and fumbles around and points to Oranjestad ($10). Yeah, right, we told them all right from the start that we were ALL going to the TAMARIJN! :mad: so they finally admitted the fare would be "only" $8.

Tonight another delicious dinner at the Red Parrot at the Divi and tomorrow just more of the same, old, same, old...next plans are for the helicopter tour on Thursday. Will just have to fill the time in between lounging on the beach. :rolleyes: :D It is tough, but hey, someone has to live it. ;)

uncle dave
06-17-2008, 03:10 AM
The taxi situation sounds at best unfortunate; I would probably have gotten steamed:mad::mad:, but try to not let it ruin an otherwise great vacation.:D

Looking forward to your helicopter tour review.

cindyo
06-17-2008, 07:37 AM
Don't let the cab drivers ruin your vacation. Its a drag though that you had to put up with that. Glad to hear the JP was fun! Keep enjoying, we love to hear your reports ( No matter what the news is....) ENJOY, and know we are interested .

Arubalisa
06-17-2008, 11:59 PM
:D :D Not a taxi in sight today! ;) :D Life is good!

Dh and I had a lovely breakfast at 7:20 a.m. at the Cunucu Terrace while the cruise ship Adventure of the Seas arrived in Aruba in the midst of 20 minutes of liquid sunshine. :)

Liquid sunshine followed by a beautiful rainbow and then the sun came out and we spent the rest of the day at the beach. Our favorite bartender Carmen, was working at our favorite bar, Pizza per Tutti, ah what more could one ask for.

Yours truly a cat lover to put it mildly :rolleyes: began reading "Paws" by Sandra Klein. OMG :eek: what a fabulous read. It is like the author has been living in our own home all these years and our cats lead parallel lives to hers! :eek:

Ate at the Tam's Italian restaurant tonight with dd's new bff and her family. All 7 of us enjoyed our meal and the good company.

Tomorrow just more same old, same old... ain't life grand? :D

I am attaching how the sky looked today at Noontime. Same basically as every other day since we arrived. Cloudy in the morning and as the day goes along the clouds become fewer and fewer and by 3 or 4 p.m. they just disappear entirely.

cindyo
06-18-2008, 12:31 AM
Checked in between 3 and 4th quarter of the celtic's game....glad to hear all is grand....food, new bff's, no cab rides....ah, enjoy your time....take lots of pics, maybe a new avatar shot??? ( not that the other isn't cute..) be well, soak up the sun.......cindy

Arubalisa
06-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Not much new here at the Tam except for the TV in our room being switched out yesterday for a brand new 26" flat screen HD TV. Don't turn it on while here anyway :D, but I am sure good news for someone. :rolleyes:

Haven't even been getting my daily fix of Aruba Today and the NEWS. :confused: Just too relaxed I guess. :rolleyes:

Not much else to report. A little cloudier today and pretty big waves here on Druif Beach as well as tons of seaweed, so went into the pool to cool off instead of the ocean. Lucky us, our room being right next the Pizza Bar which is next to the pool. :D

Shared some BRIGHTS with friends at happy hour, in a little taste test with Balashi, Bright won hands down. :)

On tap for tomorrow... island helicopter tour. :D Only a half an hour so will be back in time for lunch and what else? Beach and pool! :D

Arubalisa
06-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Are you a celebrity down there?? everyone must know who you are...
:D LOL, was strolling the boardwalk that extends the length of the Tamarijn this a.m. taking photos. All of a sudden someone stops and says, "Excuse me, but aren't you Arubalisa?" :D Told him I was getting "fresh" photos and he said then that he had to let me get back to "work". :D

SanNic44
06-19-2008, 06:36 AM
ArubaLisa,

You're famous! Congrats and don't "work" too hard.:D

cindyo
06-19-2008, 07:42 AM
Hey, cute new picture of little miss...........go enjoy the vacation.......cindy

rob o
06-19-2008, 07:42 AM
Shared some BRIGHTS with friends at happy hour, in a little taste test with Balashi, Bright won hands down. :)

:D

What are "Brights"?:confused:

KATH2ME
06-19-2008, 03:58 PM
aruba lisa,
well it sounds like you are enjoying most of your time there, hope you got to go to Passions for your anniversary ( which how was it? ) which by the way, Happy Anniv. I'm sorry you are having such problems with the taxis. Reporting them seems to be the only thing you can do. More reports will do us all good. I'm going to check and see if this Bully is available while I am there. You seem to be disappointed in a few things, I'm sorry about that, especially when you wait so long for vacation. I'm going to assume those Brights are a alcholic beverage, yes ? ( Like a Beer ?) So, how more time do you have there ? I am anxious to see your pics and although you've been giving us updates, I am sure you will be writing more. Looking forward :)

Andrea J.
06-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Amstel Bright (beer) is it lite beer?

What are "Brights"?:confused:

Liz - Aruba Lover
06-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Amstel Bright
Brewed with desalinated seawater and 100% natural Curacao ingredients, Amstel Bright is a light, thirst-quenching Caribbean sensation. Amstel Bright is only available in the Netherlands and in the Netherlands Antilles

~Amy~®
06-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Amstel Bright (beer) is it lite beer?

Unfortunately it's not a light beer :( (believe me, my bathroom scale is proof after 2+ weeks in Aruba and too many Brights to even count!)

It's similar to Corona and served with a lime....and it's yummy! I'm usually not a beer drinker but these really hit the spot in Aruba!

rob o
06-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Unfortunately it's not a light beer :( (believe me, my bathroom scale is proof after 2+ weeks in Aruba and too many Brights to even count!)

It's similar to Corona and served with a lime....and it's yummy! I'm usually not a beer drinker but these really hit the spot in Aruba!

I will have to do my own taste test to see if it's like Corona! Thanks!

SanNic44
06-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Amy,

Switch to whiskey. Less calories more power!

~Amy~®
06-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Lovely, thirst quenching Amstel Brights! :)

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/trip-reports/2007/amy_mike/photos/45.JPG

~Amy~®
06-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Amy,

Switch to whiskey. Less calories more power!

I'd be on the floor in no time with the hard stuff!

I do need to find a low-cal drink while in Aruba though. I still eat healthy while I'm there but, man, can I put away the beer! :o I like Polars, too - another non-light beer. :(

I bet Lisa is drinking Brights at this very moment (lucky girl!) :)

SanNic44
06-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Amy,

You can put down the beer! That sounds like a challenge. :D Sorry, just don't have a taste for beer. But, you know, in the end, it's the company that counts. Hope to meet you all someday soon.

Arubalisa
06-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Island tour by helicopter today! WOW! :behappy: We saw Aruba from two new perspectives this week, down and dirty on the ATV's and today from above. Yes, it it not cheap and something we have been wanting to do since it started, but well worth the wait (for us) and every penney imo.

After this I will download the photos and I can hardly wait.

Otherwise, we were back to the resort by 11 a.m. and into our bathing suits and back to more of the "same old, same old". The ocean has settled down, there is still some seaweed in the surf line, but once past it, the water was clearer today than it has been in a week.

Tomorrow we have rented an SUV and and are driving around with our new found friends and their two girls. Hopefully they will find it interesting. :rolleyes: Will be the first time in our lives we have done an island tour twice in one week. ;) Just means lots more pictures. :eek: :doh:

Tomorrow night we will be having our anniversary dinner at Passions and are really looking forward to it. Dd had the option of staying here at the resort with her friend and her parents, but instead opted to go to dinner with us. Never one to miss a good meal that one! :rolleyes:

Ya'll have the subject of BRIGHTS covered, just have to add...I am savoring them :D, may have to bring a few home.

uncle dave
06-20-2008, 04:30 AM
Glad to hear that ya'll enjoyed the helicopter tour, waiting for pics.
BTW, happy anniversary:D

cindyo
06-20-2008, 07:38 AM
Always loved seeiing those helicopters taking off, but its not for me. Escalators scare me. I bet the scenery was fabulous. Where you able to take pictures? i guess I am stuck with Goggle Earth zooming around to see the island. Hope you got some good shots. keep posting. Have a great dinner at Passions, time for another family shot.

rob o
06-20-2008, 07:46 AM
cindyo on a helicopter? Just the thought of it puts a smile on my face. Nope...that will not happen....a simple "ride" on Google Earth will have to suffice!

Now the sad question of the day....Arubalisa....how many more days in paradise?

SanNic44
06-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Happy Anniversary, Lisa! Enjoy the day and dinner!

KATH2ME
06-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Rob O, I've Asked Arubalisa The Same Question About How Long In Paradise, She Seems To Be Enjoying Herself, So I Hope She Has Got Plenty Of Time Left. About The Helicopter Tour, How Long Is It, Does It Land Anywhere And Than Go Back Up ? Do You Have A Web Site For That ? Thanks

Arubalisa
06-20-2008, 10:56 AM
We are here until Tuesday. :( :mad: After today, I am doing nothing but reading the rest of my Irving Berline biography!!!! while lounging on the beach!!!

http://www.arubahelitours.com/ (http://www.arubahelitours.com/) We did the island tour. http://www.arubahelitours.com/island-tour.php (http://www.arubahelitours.com/island-tour.php) More money, but you see much more as well. :) The pictures look pretty fabulous. Cannot wait to share them. :) Honestly dd and I are afraid of heights. She was scared and I was excited. :D I told her to just think of it as a low flying airplane ride and and she was fine.

Now just waiting for our friends to finish breakfast. We rented a Toyota Highlander and the the other couple just announced they would like to go to the Natural Pool. :eek: :doh: Imho, the kids will tire of riding around before we get that far...

~Amy~®
06-20-2008, 11:18 AM
We LOVED the helicopter tour but haven't done it since 2003 when they first started it. Might have to do it again this year.

Hope you have a wonderful dinner tonight!!! ;) :)

SanNic44
06-20-2008, 11:20 AM
RE: Helicopter tour. Use good aviation judgement regarding wind and weather. Always do your checklist. This said to me by my first flight instructor who also said, I can teach you to fly, but I can't teach you wisdom.

pkornnh
06-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Happy Anniversary!!! :)

I hope dinner at Passions is perfect!

KATH2ME
06-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Arubalisa,

Well Happy To Hear, You Have Till Tuesday, And I Totally Agree After Today, Relax, Relax, Relax. You Are Such A Good Person , Exactly How Far Is This Natual Pool? Sounds Very Nice, But I Guess You Def. Need A Car, Yes ? Well Has I Said Before H.a. , Enjoy Your Dinner Tonight. :)

Arubalisa
06-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Dinner at Passions tonight was fabulous. :D From the food to the service, it was nothing less than perfect.

Dd had Caesar Salad with shrimp and a seafood sampler platter with Caribbean lobster tail, shrimp, grouper and mahi mahi. I had a filet and Jerry had grilled grouper and shrimp with a creamy spicy sauce. For an appetizer he had goat cheese with prosciutto, arugula and honey dressing, I had a crab salad. Yummy!

Dessert ??? ...a sampler with full size portions of cheese cake, tiramisu, raspberry mousse, key lime pie and chocolate cake. We practically rolled back to the Tamarijn...

Also on a terrfic note, we had really really nice taxi drivers in each direction. Takes away a little bit of the sting from the other experiences earlier in the trip.

Our new found friends, enjoyed and appreciated their island tour today. Watched some AMAZING kiteboarding in front of the Windsurfer's Huts, found the blow hole on the east coast that Ray from Kini Kini had shown us on Saturday as well as another little Natural Bridge we had never known existed. :D

cindyo
06-21-2008, 08:58 AM
So glad you enjoyed Passions. The food you all choose sounds yummy.
Maybe you'll have some new traveling friends now. You'll go home and miss them. Enjoy your last days...cindy

rob o
06-21-2008, 09:14 AM
A belated Happy Anniversary to you. Glad that Passions was a success! Just "kick back" and relax/enjoy the rest or your trip....

Andrea J.
06-21-2008, 10:43 PM
I quote rob in relaying you and jer a happy belated anniversay
sorry i have not been around last 72 hrs
way to busy with comissioning and coenceent activities

have a wonderful last few days.

where is C's new bff from?

A belated Happy Anniversary to you. Glad that Passions was a success! Just "kick back" and relax/enjoy the rest or your trip....

Arubalisa
06-23-2008, 12:32 AM
I quote rob in relaying you and jer a happy belated anniversay

sorry i have not been around last 72 hrs
way to busy with comissioning and coenceent activities
Thank you so much and congratulations to Kevin. I can only imagine how proud you 2 are of your son. :)

have a wonderful last few days.

where is C's new bff from?
:D Did not check in last night because it was just too late. ;) Dd and her new friend wanted to watch Camp Rock together so the girls got pizza from the bar and took it back to our room. Her parents and dh and I then had a fabulous dinner here at Paparazzi just the 4 adults. :D

Dd's bff's dad though awoke at 4 a.m. not feeling very well. Thought it was food poisoning. We offered to watch the two girls and they decided by 9 a.m. that he was going to head over to the hospital to get checked on. Felt so bad, today was the last full day of their vacation as they are leaving tomorrow. We took the girls while our friends headed over to the hospital.

Only two hours, $189 and very very impressed by the care, service and modernity of the hospital later, our friend was diagnosed with a kidney stone. They prescribed some painkillers, and two other meds. They came back here to the Tam and we called Bully's brother Pierre (Bully will be back on the island tomorrow) to come pick up our friend to take her to a pharmacy in St. Anna. He was actually kind enough to "phone in" the prescription while he was driving, so they actually had it ready when they arrived.

Considering the day was cloudy, and it was the last day of their vacation AND they had NOT been robbed of all their valuables the last day of their vacation as they had been in Playa del Carmen last year, they were in good spirits. ;)

Tomorrow morning the seven of us are going to have breakfast together and the girls will have their last swim before saying their good-byes. :( Hopefully there will not be too many tears. :(

Dd's bff lives in Colorado so the distance between there and Ga. is vast but invitations have already been extended for visits to each other's homes and the adults are going to try to work out a "repeat" Tamarijn vacation next June.

These folks just shake their heads everyday in amazement in something most of us found out a long time ago ;)... Aruba IS the perfect vacation destination and a place which you return to year after year. :)

uncle dave
06-23-2008, 01:44 AM
These folks just shake their heads everyday in amazement in something most of us found out a long time ago ;)... Aruba IS the perfect vacation destination and a place which you return to year after year. :)

could not have said it better.:D

cindyo
06-23-2008, 07:54 AM
i hope that theres not to many tears between the girls. I can picture it all....
So glad you found some nice people to spend some time with. That would be a fun place to visit colorado....
Enjoy your last day! cindy

Arubalisa
06-23-2008, 11:59 PM
So my final night reporting to you from our home away from home.

Beautiful weather to start the day having breakfast with our new found friends.

Then we all swam together in the ocean while dh was kind enough to document with photos and video. Even more special while we were swimming, the pelicans decided it was time for their breakfast!

They were swooping into the water probably not more than 10 feet away from us. Just an awesome display of nature. Even funnier, the seagulls trying to sit on the pelican's heads waiting for a free meal. :rolleyes: Up and down they went catching fish. Just amazing to see them dive underwater, come up and then all of a sudden tilt their head back and swallow their catch.

Friends went off and showered while we watched the kids in the pool and then the kids had their turn. Met us back out by the pool to say their good byes. Dd was the first to begin crying. :( The next thing you know all 5 of us girls are crying. :doh: :eek:

We walked them to the lobby to await Bully's brother while more tears were shed. :( They departed and we spent the rest of the day on the beach and in the water. Dd was out of sorts so pretty much kept to herself. Harry Potter finally began to help her a little bit to take her mind off things.

Tomorrow, Dera Gai http://youtube.com/watch?v=BZ9akzbqKyo, our turn to say good bye to paradise. :(

Andrea J.
06-24-2008, 07:29 AM
i am depressed for you

safe travels home!

rob o
06-25-2008, 07:52 AM
Arubalisa.....hope that by now you're home - safe and sound. Do the theraputic thing....set your "countdown thingie" for your next trip right away (that helps). Go through your pictures and pick the best for your new "desktop". Put the new pictures in a folder and have your computer scroll through them as your screensaver. Pull your "Aruba Stuff" together and put it away for your next trip. And last, and perhaps most important, check airline achedules and start planning your reservations for next time. It will be here before you know it!

.....and your next trip is when?

Arubalisa
06-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Story now continued at She's Back..........? Bummed out? (http://www.aruba.com/forum/f18/shes-back-bummed-out-31811/)

Rob, advice is all noted! :) 330 days before approximately June 17, 2009 will begin searching for airfares.

staylor
07-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Lisa, I enjoy reading your posts about the Tam. We are staying at there at the end of June and I was wondering if you have posted anything updated on the daily activity schedule for the Tam and Divi. (along with what shows are where each night ...)

Arubalisa
07-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Lisa, I enjoy reading your posts about the Tam. We are staying at there at the end of June and I was wondering if you have posted anything updated on the daily activity schedule for the Tam and Divi. (along with what shows are where each night ...)
They were not able to give me a printed copy. :( A shortage of paper? :confused: Not! :rolleyes: :doh: Anyway, the activities and shows are basically the same as they were at Christmas time though the nights may have changed for some show.
http://www.arubabound.com/accommo/tamarijn_activities.jpg
http://www.arubabound.com/accommo/divi_activities.jpg

They did have bingo at the pool EVERY afternoon at 3 pm Monday - Friday. Prizes were bottles of wine or champagne, t-shirts and a few other goodies. Full board at the end usually ended with a nice package of 4 tees, 2 bottles and a picture frame. Not bad for such hard work! :D

I notes for a report of some sorts, but have been concentrating my time on editing the 2000+ photos I took while we are there.

If you have any more specific Tam questions, just let me know. :)

staylor
07-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the update! 24 more days ~ We can't wait!

Liz - Aruba Lover
07-09-2008, 02:30 PM
staylor - heres Tam's schedule. TAM - DAILY ACTIVITIY SCHEDULE (http://allaboutaruba.net/Documents/Tam%20-%20Activities.pdf)

Steph853
08-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Hi realize this was a while ago, but i get migraines too, if i dont want to my medicine, b/c it knocks me out..I use clove oil, it works great, you can find it at natural food stores, just thought i would share with you!

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. :)

Unfortunately yesterday was a blur :( after my original morning post. Wish to say that I was in a Balashi induced haze, but instead I had an awful, what my neuro refers to as, "sports migraine". Though it has been windy, windy, windy, the extreme heat and a lack of morning caffeine via capuccino just did me in. :o

I slept for about an hour before dinner and felt a tiny bit better and took more migraine med at 4 a.m. and thankfully woke up at 6:30 a.m. today feeling SOOO... much better.

This morning we had a fantastic tour with Kini Kini. I HIGHLY recommend them. More on them to come.

Note to SanNic, dh is enjoying the book but is grumbling he has only gotten through 50 pages, just too busy. He has though had quite a few chuckles, seems you two have similar senses of humor. :cool: Tomorrow if Father's Day, his day, so I will make sure that he parks himself under a palapa to really sink his teeth into it. :D

Dd is exhausted from 4 hours in the swimming pool after the tour today playing with her new friends and wants mommy to turn out the light. :doh: Dh fell asleep awhile ago.

More to follow...

Arubalisa
08-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks, I will check it out with my holistic doctor-- dh ;) :) He has a vitamin or natural cure for anything that ails you. ;)

Andrea J.
08-25-2010, 02:39 PM
http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/anti1.php
i googled clove oil and found this ....click link

a number of folks i know suffer from migraines, one of our members suffers ongoing crippling migraines....wonder if she has looked into clove oil?

hstvns
08-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Hi realize this was a while ago, but i get migraines too, if i dont want to my medicine, b/c it knocks me out..I use clove oil, it works great, you can find it at natural food stores, just thought i would share with you!

I too am a migraine sufferer. What do you do with the clove oil? I take Caffergot which alleviates the headache but still feel lousy.