PDA

View Full Version : Tropic Car Rental

thedebster
08-27-2008, 10:02 AM
For anyone that has used Tropic......do they take you to their site for processing the paperwork for the rental or do they come to the airport and do everything there? Just wondering if after I arrive if I get the car at the airport and go. So excited about getting to Aruba on Sept 7 that I just want to start my vacation as soon as possible.....LOL

DANNYO
08-27-2008, 11:57 AM
For anyone that has used Tropic......do they take you to their site for processing the paperwork for the rental or do they come to the airport and do everything there? Just wondering if after I arrive if I get the car at the airport and go. So excited about getting to Aruba on Sept 7 that I just want to start my vacation as soon as possible.....LOLThe owner will meet you at the terminal when you exit.He will have your name on a card,you go to the parking lot across the street and sign your paper work and your on your way.Very nice guy (HANS).We have used him many times. Have a great vacation.

Eagle Beach Boy
08-27-2008, 02:03 PM
you go to the parking lot across the street and sign your paper work and your on your way.

By parking lot you mean the one at the Airport or one across the highway? With all the changes I forget which is in effect now.

Andrea J.
08-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Hans handles the paperwork in the airport parking lot.
Probably about 100 yards from the arrival hall.
He also gives you the parking receipt that you insert in the machine, lifting the gate and you are on your way!

We have utilized Hans' services now for about 7 or 8 years and have always found his prices fair, his customer service top notch and his demeanor "gentlemanly".
If I was giving an award for "wonderful small business", it'd be Tropic, owner Hans Dhooge.

Andrea

By parking lot you mean the one at the Airport or one across the highway? With all the changes I forget which is in effect now.

thedebster
08-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Thank you all!! That is awesome. The faster I get to enjoy Aruba the better. :) I did use Royal last year and had not problems, but after reading all the good things about Tropic, I decided to go with them. I am so glad I did.

DANNYO
08-27-2008, 07:42 PM
By parking lot you mean the one at the Airport or one across the highway? With all the changes I forget which is in effect now.The one at the airport,he has been doing this for years,quick and easy.

DANNYO
08-27-2008, 07:46 PM
He also gives you the parking receipt that you insert in the machine, lifting the gate and you are on your way!

We have utilized Hans' services now for about 7 or 8 years and have always found his prices fair, his customer service top notch and his demeanor "gentlemanly".
If I was giving an award for "wonderful small business", it'd be Tropic, owner Hans Dhooge.Andrea ,can we give him an award ?

Kent-ArubaBob
08-27-2008, 07:49 PM
I have used Royal for many years and the last 2 years our plane was 1 hour late getting in and both years nobody from Royal was there. I got a taxi from the airport to Marriott and in the morning I had to call and they brought the car and gave me my taxi money back. That was great but do I need to hassle with that my first morning on vacation. 2 months ago I give Hans a shot and he was there at arival and departing. I just booked with him again for 3 weeks in Jan, Feb. I have never heard a complaint about Hans.

arubacandy
08-27-2008, 08:07 PM
does anyone know if hans (at tropic) have a web-site, how do you get in touch with him we have used royal many times(cars not in the greatest shape but work) maybe we'll use hans this time around .. counting the weeks till week 40 !!!!!

EHampite
08-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Their website is www.tropiccarrent-aruba.com (http://www.tropiccarrent-aruba.com)

You can use the "contact us" link on the website - they are very good at responding.

Eagle Beach Boy
08-28-2008, 07:20 AM

If I was giving an award for "wonderful small business", it'd be Tropic, owner Hans Dhooge.

Andrea

We agree. One year our plane was delayed and when we got there I phoned Hans and he was there within minutes. Remember to have Tropics phone number with you.

Darryl
08-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Since our very first time utilizing the service of Hans and Dennis at Tropic, we have been more than satisified. Two more gentlemanly individuals you cannot find. They are punctual, the cars are clean and well maintained, prices are competitive and the gentlemen are most reliable. You cannot make a mistake by using Tropic Car Rental. I think this year will be our tenth year in a row using Tropic.

SailAway
08-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Does Tropic rent 4x4 jeeps as well?

SailAway

Darryl
08-28-2008, 10:36 AM
No...sorry, not to my knowledge. Only Toyota sedans.

Dom
08-28-2008, 03:45 PM
The last time I used Tropic, not only did Hans meet me at the airport as promised, he also helped me to load the luggage into the car.

Darryl
08-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Two visits ago, I had inadvertantly left the headlights on ...overnight. Hans arrived within 20 minutes of my call to him for help...we were off and running in ten minutes!! He is truly one of a kind!! :) :) :)

susiequeve
08-31-2008, 03:23 PM
We used Tropic (Hans) the last three trips to Aruba. He's fantastic!! Believe it or not, the Yaris hold luggage for (4) adults and you can't beat the price of $220 for ten days including liability insurance and no extra chg for another driver. :) We highly recommend him to anyone.

thedebster
09-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Just got back from Aruba yesterday. Used Tropic and what a great rental agency. Hans was at the airport waiting for me and it took less then 5 min to get the paperwork done and off I went. Returning the car at the airport was a breeze also. There was Hans waiting for me when I got there. I highly recommend Tropic Car Rental. $175 for the Toyota Yaris for the week and the convenience and great service sure made it worth it!! Tropic gets a 10 in my book!!

Andrea J.
09-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Yup! Hans, the owner of Tropic is the "be all and the end all of the car rental business"

If you want to rent a basic 4 door Yaris...............he has the best customer service and very competitive pricing.

Do you know that he does not advertise other than bumper stickers on his vehicles.
His business is totally by word of mouth/referrals etc.

There was another rental place on island for years that operated the same way Hans of Tropic operated.......Janssen, but for reasons that i do not know
the business closed maybe about 18 months or more ago.

andrea