PDA

View Full Version : Just got engaged!! question bout aruba wedding

jennkarras
09-11-2008, 03:41 PM
I just got engaged this passed friday! sooo exciting. Anyway, even before we got engaged he had been telling me for a while that he wants us to have our wedding in Aruba, and I agree wholeheartedly, as I love it there. My main question right now, is what time of year is ideal for a wedding. I dont want it to necessarily to be the "peak" time because it gets expensive, but I also dont want it to be a ghost town. I went in mid october when I visited, and it was lovely. How is september as opposed to february? or just give me your opinions if possible. Thanks for any advice you can give!!

Arubalisa
09-11-2008, 06:30 PM
February is the "high season" and besides Christmas/New Year's the busiest time of the year.

Let's look at the weather, as a bride, wind would be one of my biggest considerations, besides of course rain. Rain is not really an issue in Aruba. You will see below that February is much cooler than September. September is one of the least windy months and is quiet on the island as well.

February weather
Average high temperature 87 F.
Average low temperature 76 F.
Average temperature 80 F.
Average water temperature 79 F.
Average rainfall 3/4 inches (20.3 inches annual)
Average windspeed 17 mph

September weather
Average high temperature 90 F.
Average low temperature 80 F.
Average temperature 84 F.
Average water temperature 83 F.
Average rainfall 1.40 inches (20.3 inches annual)
Average windspeed 15 mph

I was a June bride in the Bahamas so am of course preferential to that month, but Aruba will be windy.

June weather
Average temperature 83 F.
Average water temperature 81 F.
Average rainfall .70 inches (20.3 inches annual)
Average windspeed 20 mph

dj07551
09-26-2008, 05:15 PM
first off... congrats on your engagement. what a very exciting time it is!
we were just in aruba a couple weeks ago... and honestly i don't know if i'd want to get married there in september. it actually rained once while we were there making it a hit or miss weather wise for a wedding. we went last year in october and it was perfect. not sure about statistics... but if you're looking for a late summer/early fall wedding... i'd go towards october instead. good luck.

Arubalisa
09-26-2008, 06:30 PM
it actually rained once while we were there making it a hit or miss weather wise for a wedding. we went last year in october and it was perfect. not sure about statistics... but if you're looking for a late summer/early fall wedding... i'd go towards october instead. good luck.
Sorry, October on average has double the amount of rain of September.

September weather
Average temperature 84 F.
Average rainfall 1.40 inches (20.3 inches annual)
Average windspeed 15 mph

October weather
Average temperature 83 F.
Average rainfall 2.60 inches (20.3 inches annual)
Average windspeed 13 mph

dj07551
09-26-2008, 08:47 PM
oh wow...
yea i guess we were just lucky last year then.
oh well... good luck choosing.

linny99
09-27-2008, 04:24 PM
We are getting married in 2 weeks and hoping it doesn't rain!! We were there 2 years ago at this time and it was beautiful!!! We'll let you know how it goes!!!

jennkarras
09-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Thanks everyone. Now we are leaning toward the last weekend in February, first weekend in March 2010. How does that sound to everyone?? thanks for all of your input!!! you're all so nice

Karen Lutzker
09-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Congratulations on your engagement. Just a note of advice - Check the dates for spring break and school holiday's for the months of Febuary and April because Aruba can be very busy when school is out.

Karen Lutzker
09-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Sorry, meant to say check dates for spring break and school holidays for Febuary and March 2009 :doh:

Andrea J.
09-29-2008, 02:50 PM
karen you were right
april is busy too
school break in new england is 2nd or 3rd wk in april

andrea

Sorry, meant to say check dates for spring break and school holidays for Febuary and March 2009 :doh:

SanNic44
09-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Jenn,

Yeah, watch out for the spring break factor. November is good because the hurricanes have settled down. They don't affect Aruba as much as the places that you may stop on your way TO Aruba. The winter, i.e. February or March, may be better to get you all out of the cold. I wouldn't do any of the high summer months or September. Just not as breezy as you would like to have it.

Congrats and enjoy whatever you decide. Select the Reverend Gibson, by the way. He is a friend of mine and does a fantastic ceremony. Photos of him in action are on my blog.

Arubalisa
09-29-2008, 03:18 PM
FWIW, February 22, is Grand Carnival. Also...a busy busy time on the island.

jennkarras
10-01-2008, 02:22 PM
wow, how do I find out when spring breaks are?? the first weekend in March is when i would like to do it, but that is a good point. trust me, i would love to do it next november, but my fiancee thinks that that is too soon for our guests, that we wont be giving them enough time. I am so torn, i dont want to wait two years. I cant wait that long to marry him. wow, I hope this is the hardest part of the planning process... lol. yeah right!!

Arubalisa
10-01-2008, 08:19 PM
ALWAYS, always remember you two together have to do what is BEST and RIGHT for YOU. It is YOUR wedding. It is not your mother's wedding, it is not your finacee's mother's wedding. Do what will make you happy. You are only going to do this once and it has to be what you want and the way you want it. So, imo, if it is November, it is November. Will there ever be a "perfect" time? :confused:

FWIW, spring break here in Georgia is the first week of April...;) and MY favorite time in Aruba, though it is windiest, is early June.

wow, how do I find out when spring breaks are?? the first weekend in March is when i would like to do it, but that is a good point. trust me, i would love to do it next november, but my fiancee thinks that that is too soon for our guests, that we wont be giving them enough time. I am so torn, i dont want to wait two years. I cant wait that long to marry him. wow, I hope this is the hardest part of the planning process... lol. yeah right!!

cindyo
10-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Spring break in New England is first few weeks of March...Though most of the college kids head to FLorida, not to aruba, too pricey for them.

Bonny Aruba
10-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Hi Jenn,

As an independent wedding planner on Island, I highly recommend the month of May, weather is great and besides that rates are lower.

Regards,

Bonny Aruba :)

Bonny Aruba
10-02-2008, 10:07 AM
HI There, As a wedding planner on island I would say the best month is May. Great weather and lowers rates.

Bonny Aruba:)

Karen Lutzker
10-02-2008, 11:53 AM
May and September are excellent months to be married in Aruba as both months are less crowded on the island. As to rain, there is always a possibility of rain, even when it is not the rainy season in Aruba. However, if a backup plan is put in place once your wedding plans are made, you will not have a problem :)