PDA

View Full Version : fall colors and moose/mooses/meese/mice?

Andrea J.
09-28-2008, 08:47 PM
we are taking a day roadtrip tomorrow

we'll have cameras in tow, belle in her doggy carseat and will hope for a moose and some beautiful tree colors.
about a 2 hr drive from here to jackman.

http://jackmanmaine.org/maine-moose.php

Liz - Aruba Lover
09-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Sounds like lots of fun. Belle going too. How nice. Have a great time. Hope you see lots of colors.

Andrea J.
09-28-2008, 09:38 PM
will take photos of the leaves
hope the colors are bright
hope that we see a moose
:D
thanks liz

andrea

Sounds like lots of fun. Belle going too. How nice. Have a great time. Hope you see lots of colors.

confused1
09-29-2008, 08:25 AM
Andrea, You are way out being that close to Jackman. How far from Waltham ? (in hours)

Liz - Aruba Lover
09-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Andrea, You are way out being that close to Jackman. How far from Waltham ? (in hours)

Andrea may have hit the road already. Andrea moved to Maine in July.

confused1
09-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks Liz

Arubalisa
09-29-2008, 09:31 AM
I think I missed you too. :o Hope you had a great time. Beats watching acorns fall. ;) :D

Andrea J.
09-29-2008, 10:06 AM
we have not left yet as it is drizzling and we are sluggish.

from our door at the old house in waltham to the new house here in central maine is 200.8 miles. and the milage to jackman from here is about 80.
andrea

Andrea J.
09-29-2008, 06:19 PM
we only went a short distance today.
there were patches of fog and lots of heavy drizzle making the drive not pleasant.

so we stopped for some apples at an orchard, took a few photos of the clouds and foliage and came home.

maybe another time this week for a moose hunt, which is very different than a snipe hunt.;)

monewcamp
10-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Andrea,
I'm new to the Aruba forum, 1st trip in March.
I just want to congratuate you on retiring in Maine. I love Maine and would move there in a minute if I could. Not sure what I'd be thinking in the winter months.
We Spent 2wks for our honeymoon and long weekends 4 or 5 years in a row on Branch Lake-between Bangor and Bar Harbor. I even have a pictures of my "future house in Maine". Where do you live in Maine....if you don't mine me asking? Would love to hear more about it.

hawaiianmoonlight
10-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi Andrea~
We visit my Dad & his wife in Waldoboro, ME. Have you ever heard of it. Beautiful area. Kind of like a small Mayberry RFD! Many things to do each season. I wouldn't mind moving there if I could also have a place in Cali. to go to for the winters. Actually have the wood stove going now. Little chilly here in Mass.

Catherine