10-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Had enuf...Boston Red Sox good night !

Arubalisa
10-17-2008, 02:13 AM
You went to bed too early? :eek: :D Congrats fans! :behappy:

rob o
10-17-2008, 02:36 AM
You went to bed too early? :eek: :D Congrats fans! :behappy:
Cindy did...I didn't...I just got home from Fenway....down 7-0 with 7 outs to go and WE WON!

Now...do I wake her up and tell her, or do I just go to bed...not say a thing....make believe they lost and let her see it on the news.

Decisions...decisions....decisions....

cindyo
10-17-2008, 08:36 AM
I changed my avatar and signature, went off to bed, just for giggles I turned on the TV....low and behold, they won....nice.. at least rob and my daughter got to see it...I think the crowd spooked the Rays....off to the cement circus tent...Good luck Beckett...hope you're feeling ok...to the SOX fans going to aruba..hit Champions to catch the weekend games.

Arubalisa
10-17-2008, 10:14 AM
The game will go down as a classic comeback in baseball history. :)

Andrea J.
10-17-2008, 10:40 AM
OMGOSH they won.
Paul and i turned off the game and went to bed. We both laid there for well over an hour reading. When we said goodnight to each other we both laughed and said "there's always next year".
WOW what a comeback.

Joycee
10-17-2008, 01:23 PM
:thumb:That game will go down in comeback history - now the heat is on!

rob o
10-17-2008, 05:36 PM
It was a combination of things:

1. Sox started hitting

2. Rays pitchers were spooked by crowd....loudest I've heard ever....and I would guess that I've seen some 400 games at Fenway since 1960. They were aiming the ball

3. Rays felt the spotlight. Upton muffed a fly, Longoria short armed a throw (another word for choking), Gross spiked a throw and totally mis-judged Drew's game winning hit

One of the greatest things about baseball is that, unlike other sports, there is no clock...you can't win by running time off the clock. You have to earn every out. Rays may still win it all....but, they're going to be haunted by this game.

DANNYO
10-17-2008, 08:48 PM
From a Yankee fan,Why not stay awake until the last out,you know the Sox always find a way to win.

rob o
10-17-2008, 10:40 PM
From a Yankee fan,Why not stay awake until the last out,you know the Sox always find a way to win.

How times have changed.

Last night's winning hit came at 12:16 am 10/17/08.

Aaron Boone's HR in 2003? 10/17/03 at 12:16 am.

What a difference 5 years makes!

love aruba 99
10-18-2008, 10:47 AM
GO SOX TONIGHT MAKE IT TO GAME 7:thumb:;);)

cindyo
10-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Dannyo, I gotta tell ya, there's something about sitting in a recliner with warm fuzzy slippers, PJ's and a blanket watching a game thats going nowhere....that put me to sleeep. So, I went on line, changed the avatar, and put myself to bed....I then felt guilty, so I turned the tv on, and did watch them win...cindyo....LORD only knows whats gona happen tonite...

rob o
10-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Game SEVEN here we come!

GO SOX

Arubalisa
10-19-2008, 01:32 AM
Congratulations! :behappy:

DANNYO
10-19-2008, 06:19 AM
Yankee fan.........told you not to give up......

rob o
10-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Yankee fan.........told you not to give up......

I haven't missed a pitch yet.

As for CindyO....a short mid-game cat nap was enough for her to see the end.

Andrea J.
10-19-2008, 10:57 AM
holy quacamole they won again!:doh:
i am glad they made the comeback.
if they win tonight AWESOME:D
if the rays win, i will cheer for them in the series.....the rays have come such a long way:)

and then there are the patriots.....both games on tonight?

andrea

rob o
10-19-2008, 05:28 PM
holy quacamole they won again!:doh:
i am glad they made the comeback.
if they win tonight AWESOME:D
if the rays win, i will cheer for them in the series.....the rays have come such a long way:)

and then there are the patriots.....both games on tonight?

andrea

Pats are Monday night.

Please don't be nice to the Rays... I think they have about ten fans. All those people rooting for them at "the Trop"....displaced NYers who hate the Sox.

JASONFRCC
10-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Nicely said Rob O....Go Sox!!!!!

rob o
10-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Go Phillies!

DANNYO
10-20-2008, 08:52 AM
:DWait until next year.Good while it lasted.

Andrea J.
10-20-2008, 11:14 AM
even though the sox lost, it was a terrific game right thru the end.

a game of good pitching and good defense from both teams

sorry to have our hometown boys of summer lose their quest, but glad to see the rays, a team with few fans, and a crummy stadium and no real hope, do well.
(imo)

the rays held 1st place for a long time this season and now they are in the series where they've earned their place. (imo)

so next yr for the sox and what are thoughts on jason varitek's free agent status?
andrea

Arubalisa
10-20-2008, 11:47 AM
the rays held 1st place for a long time this season and now they are in the series where they've earned their place. (imo)andrea
Even more for them to be proud of in today's sporting environment of "play offs" where the guy who wins day in and day out is not necessarily on the top of the heap at the end of the day.

rob o
10-20-2008, 07:45 PM
so next yr for the sox and what are thoughts on jason varitek's free agent status?
andrea

He made $10 mill this yr. Offer him 2 years at $6.5 mill/yr; there's nobody out there.

We can afford it...Boston fans fill the park every night. In turn, the owners invest in a good product.

Rays players deserved to win....their owners and fans (all ten of them) do not.

cindyo
10-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Varitek's girlfriend is Hiedi Watney....he left his wife...so me thinks he will stick around to be with her...He's a great catcher, rather bad with the bat....Not many captains around anymore

rob o
10-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Varitek's girlfriend is Hiedi Watney....he left his wife...so me thinks he will stick around to be with her...He's a great catcher, rather bad with the bat....Not many captains around anymore

Not sure if he left wife or vice versa. Jason can't hit, but he's a classy guy.....the matter has been handled with class and out of the media. Heidi showed up after the split.

For those who don't know, Heidi is the rather attractive reporter for the Sox TV network.

CindyO is right...not many captains around anymore.

FFgoo
10-20-2008, 09:08 PM
WOW, had not heard that Jason left his wife or vise versa, that is too bad. Or too good however you want to look at it. No. 33 has been my favorite Red Sox player for a long time-his dedication to the game and professionalism showed me how a good team leader should be. He definately has to do some sole searching as far as his bat. As invaluable he is behind the plate, it is only 1/2 of the game. He never really was a GREAT hitter-having an average associated with most catchers, that I know of at least. Lets just hope that when he is resigned that he will look into his swing and approach for 2009. GO RED SOX!!!

rob o
10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Since we've been writing about Varitek, thought you might enjoy seeing a picture of my modified "lawn jockey", which has #33 (our address) on the back.

Our neighbor was throwing an old lawn jockey out, so I asked if I could have it. They said "OK" on the condition I don't put it in front of the house. I said "not to worry, you won't recognize it when I'm done".

What do you think?