PDA

View Full Version : How far in advance to book rental car or jeep?

KarenCT
11-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Ok we've decided to rent a jeep for our April vacation. How far in advance should we book it?

cindyo
11-12-2008, 09:45 AM
ASAP...Easter vacation brings lots of people to the island...get a confirm #

Arubalisa
11-12-2008, 11:24 AM
I too would rent in advance to insure you have the type of vehicle you want for the dates you want.

sunworshipperII
03-02-2009, 06:22 PM
What do you think. Rent before you leave or wait till in Aruba???

Arubalisa
03-02-2009, 07:34 PM
It is still high season, so reserve beforehand so you do not get "shut out".

We usually only rent for one day and have trouble waiting until the last minute even during the summer.

Chadd
03-02-2009, 08:08 PM
waiting until the last minute will end up resulting in a number of phone calls and paying a higher rate in most cases. I'd much rather lock up the car in advance.

danadog56
03-03-2009, 10:24 AM
We also rent in advance and this way are guaranteed a vehicle. I usually take an evening and go through all the rental agencies on this site to compare prices...the cheapest wins !!
BTW...have had the best service with courtesy, but haven't had any trouble with, Amigo, american or aruba royal...all have been good and the few times I had car problems all immediately gave me a new vehicle or fixed the problem...good luck.

arubasurfclubcanada
03-18-2009, 07:42 AM
I rented before hand, from Aruba Royal. No problems, he sent me all my e-mails with confirmation. When i got to the airport they were waiting for me. Brought me to the office, which is 2 minutes a way and 10 minutes I was off and away. I got a Toyota yaris for $337.00 for 2 weeks. I'm bringing back on saturday and they will drop me off at the airport.

Kim L
03-20-2009, 12:47 PM
We've done a one day from the rental car company at the hotel without a problem but if you want it longer, definitely reserve in advance.

cyclone promotions
03-20-2009, 12:55 PM
do it before

Arubalisa
04-19-2011, 02:46 PM
The thread may be a little old, but the advice is still the same today, why not plan in advance if you have the option? There are only a limited number of vehicles on the island.

This from a recent visitor...

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f18/back-our-first-visit-50875/

if you want to rent a Jeep, do so before you arrive. Jeeps were sold out at all of the car rental agencies we checked. We had to make do with a truck. It worked fine, but we missed the Jeep experience.

sdlyons91
04-19-2011, 07:34 PM
On my last trip I picked a car up at the airport, used it for a day to stock up on groceries, then returned it in Palm Beach.

I was going to go with Budget this time, but cannot get a response from them on where their Palm Beach location is. Is the the 'Tango Hut' they refer to on their website? And where is this located? I thought I saw a Budget booth at Palm Beach Plaza but can't remember for sure.

AndyM
04-20-2011, 12:26 AM
I have reserved a car as soon as I book my tickets. No later than two months before arrival. It costs you nothing.

Arubalisa
04-20-2011, 10:24 AM
On my last trip I picked a car up at the airport, used it for a day to stock up on groceries, then returned it in Palm Beach.

I was going to go with Budget this time, but cannot get a response from them on where their Palm Beach location is. Is the the 'Tango Hut' they refer to on their website? And where is this located? I thought I saw a Budget booth at Palm Beach Plaza but can't remember for sure.
IF their office is still there, which is sounds like it is, the Palm beach location is in a kiosk type structure at the Arawak Garden (http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.5699207&lon=-70.0448853&z=19&l=0&m=b). It is the complex across the street from the Occidental that has Salt & Pepper, Fishes & More, Tango, Casa Tua & I believe Burger King.

gaby
04-20-2011, 01:15 PM
i agree with andym. we always reserve our cars when we book no matter where we are going, if its here in the states or elsewhere. it costs nothing to reserve and at least you're good to go. you can always cancel if you find that you're not going to need a car....

Katie791
05-31-2011, 11:17 PM
When we rent a car we always call ASAP, I guess it depends when you are going. Sometimes it is harder to get a rental during January/March. This is a very busy time.
To play it safe I would get something as soon as you know the time you will be there.

jacknsue
06-14-2011, 12:25 PM
i agree with everyone else. you should book your car as soon as you book your tickets. you can always cancel if you have to.