PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming of low-key Aruba Wedding... cost?

ArubaSky
12-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Hi All, a newly engaged newbie here. :D

I am very interested in getting married in Aruba on the beach. I am rather low maintenance when it comes to parties and would like to have very small ceremony/celebration. Just the sand, a few family members (<15), the officiant. Maybe hire a photographer and a string musician for the ceremony only. After that - any nice restaurant will do for dinner only, for example in Radisson (where I want to stay).

Of course my practical honey wants to know what this can possibly cost before we start getting excited about it. Also, I've searched the posts, but nobody mentioned - how much in advance we need to reserve everything?

Thanks in advance for any tips and suggestions!!!

Thanks.
Sky.

Robert
12-19-2008, 06:24 AM
Hello Sky,

I am sure there a lot of weddingplanners on Aruba who can answer that question. Of course it depends on which period (busy or slow) But in general I suggest the sooner the better to avoid dissapointments.

Regards,
Robert

Angela Munzenhofer
12-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Congratulations on your engagement,

Happy Holidays and Happy planning,
Aruba is full of wonderful wedding dreams that have become a reality. Everyone who has a wedding has different desires and are on a budget. Dealing with a wedding planner would be the ideal thing to do. Radisson Resort is a perfect location with lush foliage, great ambiance, waterfalls & a wonderful staff.
The wedding coordinator for Radisson is very attentive and complies with all your desires & wishes.
If you need more information or want to see photos please feel free to email me. I also have newspaper articles that you can read about different bridegroom experiences.
May all your wishes come true for a dream wedding!!!

Andrea J.
12-19-2008, 09:34 AM
we are lucky here on this forum
we have a few wedding planners and photographers on this forum!
to name a few
karen lutzker
bryan morris
angela munzenhofer

any help needed.....private message any of the above names or private message me and you will be pointed in the right direction.

andrea

Hi All, a newly engaged newbie here. :D

I am very interested in getting married in Aruba on the beach. I am rather low maintenance when it comes to parties and would like to have very small ceremony/celebration. Just the sand, a few family members (<15), the officiant. Maybe hire a photographer and a string musician for the ceremony only. After that - any nice restaurant will do for dinner only, for example in Radisson (where I want to stay).

Of course my practical honey wants to know what this can possibly cost before we start getting excited about it. Also, I've searched the posts, but nobody mentioned - how much in advance we need to reserve everything?

Thanks in advance for any tips and suggestions!!!

Thanks.
Sky.

Karen Lutzker
12-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Happy Holidays and congratulations on your engagement. Yes, there are many very excellent resorts, wedding planners and photographers in Aruba that you should explore. Most importantly though, choose a vendor that will listen to the wedding couples wishes, work with their budget and be attentive to their needs. Regarding the amount of time needed to plan a destination wedding would depend upon the date. Booking your planner and photographer right from the biginning will ensure that you will be locked into the date that you want. Hope this information was helpful :)

Andrea J.
12-19-2008, 10:09 AM
cool........we have heard from 2 of our forum members "in the business"

i recommend contacting both!

andrea

SanNic44
12-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Just be sure to have the Right Reverend Robert Gibson officiate at your ceremony. His ceremonies are the best, especially the ones on the beach.

Andrea J.
12-19-2008, 11:18 AM
from what i have been told
rev gibson is the BEST

dan aka san nic, is RIGHT!

private message cindyo
and she can put you in touch
andrea

Just be sure to have the Right Reverend Robert Gibson officiate at your ceremony. His ceremonies are the best, especially the ones on the beach.

cindyo
12-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Rev. Gibson is the man to do it!!! See my gallery pictures, he did ours on the DIvi Phoenix beach. CIndyo

Karen Lutzker
12-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Rev. Robert Gibson performs a very meaningful wedding ceremony. We always use his services :)

ArubaSky
12-20-2008, 12:05 AM
Thank you all! This is all so helpful! We are right now working on convincing a few family members to go with us, then I will start getting the ball rolling. I am hoping to have a wedding in late May of the next year.

pamb77
12-23-2008, 11:15 AM
I am getting married in 19 days in Aruba. I am using Indira from Aruba Fairy Tales (http://www.arubafairytales.com/) and she has been wonderful. I highly recommend her.

arubajo
12-27-2008, 02:28 PM
I will be in Aruba for my wedding anniversary again on 02/02/09 (hence the license plate below was my wedding date on the island). My wife and I married on the island using Aruba Weddings for You. We dealt with Aida, who was wonderful. Get ready for a breathtaking experience !!!!!!

arubabride09
12-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Also check out the radisson's & the other nearby hotels' websites... most of them have wedding info as well as prices.

kuss509
01-02-2009, 12:13 AM
:cool::cool:

Crockford
02-03-2009, 04:45 PM
We just got back from our wedding in Aruba

Our reverend was Andy Osbourne he performed a beautiful ceremony.

and our wedding planner originally was Bonny Stanley - she now is running her own business Weddings by Bonny she hired some amazing vendors for our wedding just a few weeks ago (I think Bonny is a member on this site) don't know if I am allowed to post her contact info.

however if you are looking to go the all inclusive Route (which is what we did) We went through the Occidental Grand Aruba hotel, which did a wonderful job and made things very easy. Kimberly Dammerman is now the wedding planner there and she ran our wedding day perfectly. No stress - the food was GREAT, Kimberly made sure all the details for our guests were worked out, and made sure the whole day ran smoothly.

So if you are going the Private route I would say go with Bonny , If you are looking for All inclusive go with the Occidental either way you can't go wrong.

cindyo
02-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Reverend Robert Gibson
Savaneta by the Sea
Aruba
PHONE: (297) 994-6140
FAX:

E-mail us: reverendrobertgibson@myway.com
also, arubaeloquent.com...
He was great, felt like he knew us forever....cindyo

shieldon
02-04-2009, 03:38 AM
I didn't know you guys are geniuses! Aruba is perfect for beach wedding! My bro wants the best wedding, and since he and his fiance are beach lovers they should love the idea...I gotta get going.

Crockford
02-04-2009, 11:44 AM
ARUBA is without a doubt the most beautiful and friendly place I have EVER been

BobMaynes
02-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Hi, just read your post, and thought I'd put in my two cents. I was on a cruise last year with some acquintances who were getting married on Manchebo Beach. Since I was there, though not as a videographer, I volunteered to tag along with my equipment. I have to say, it was the most memorable weddings I've ever witnessed. I just can't say enough about the moving, heartfelt ceremony that Rev. Bob Gibson performed. He was absoulutely amazing. I told my wife about him when I got back on board the ship, but it wasn't until last week when I finally got around to editing the ceremony that she saw the ceremony, and it brought tears to her eyes! Whatever you do, and whatever planner you work with, without question, you need to choose Rev. Bob!

ArubaSky
03-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Thank you all again. I reserved the date and package with Karen Lutzker and Edwina. I will have Robert Gibson as our reverend (very Excited) and Diane as our photographer. Now I am just counting down the days :-)

Andrea J.
03-15-2009, 06:23 PM
you will be pleased with karen lutzker
she is TOP NOTCH

we'll want details and photos posted here on the forum after your aruba wedding and honeymoon

enjoy

andrea