PDA

View Full Version : Bus/Limo Transfer for guests - Any SUGGESTIONS?

JT20
02-04-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm looking for a bus service/limo that can transport 30-40 of my guests from the RIU to the Renaissance Island as I will be having my wedding on the private island. Any suggestions on companies? I have been in contact with Kini Kini tours and WixTours and they are charging quite a bit for transportation.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

Liz - Aruba Lover
02-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Those are the 2 companies that I were going to suggest. I'm not sure if De Palm charters their busses. Give them a call or emil.

cindyo
02-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Try asking our "resident taxi driver" Bully if he could arrange something. He has some connections, he also could arrange transportation for your flight in and out.He goes to the airport with a sign for his guest.... He's on this site as taxi driver, check members listing, if I find his email I will post it shorty, cindyo

bullytaxi79@hotmail.com he answers promptly....

Jarubian
02-04-2009, 07:59 PM
I would ask the # 1 tour company De Palm, but since you are getting married on Renaissance Island, why not ask the Renaissance direct? Hope it all works out for you.

Arubalisa
02-04-2009, 09:41 PM
bullytaxi79@hotmail.com he answers promptly....
Kini Kini Transfer & Tours (http://www.kinikini.com/kk/servlet/Home) Mom & Pop operation, great personalized service. :)

cyclone promotions
02-05-2009, 11:59 AM
that is right kinikini does small groups and there is the new spectacula hummer limo now available via super carrental

Kristin113
02-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Did you ever think of hiring the Kukanuku Bus (probably spelled wrong)? That could be a fun way for your guests to start of your wedding :D

MARK68
02-07-2009, 08:04 AM
If you speak to Bully ask him if he has contact number for Giovanni, with the Love Machine bus, This is an old school bus, painted pink with disco ball and lights inside. I used him a couple times in past and he was very reasonable compared to the big tour companies. He only owns this one bus and he will be the driver. I can't find contact # but if you do get a # could you please pm this info for me.

A_J_Mitch
08-27-2009, 03:23 PM
JT20, did you ever find transportation? I am looking into this same option from Divi to Ren Island for wedding transportation. The link for kinikini does not work anymore. Thanks

Liz - Aruba Lover
08-27-2009, 04:06 PM
JT20, did you ever find transportation? I am looking into this same option from Divi to Ren Island for wedding transportation. The link for kinikini does not work anymore. Thanks

The domain name kinikini.com expired in June. So far they haven't renewed the domain.

Arubalisa
08-27-2009, 04:08 PM
The link for kinikini does not work anymore. ThanksThe are working on a new website http://www.kinikinitours.com/ (http://www.kinikinitours.com/)
You can reach them via email info@kinikinitours.com (info@kinikinitours.com)

Karen Lutzker
08-28-2009, 04:09 PM
From personal experience, any way you look at it, transporting your guests from point A to point B will be an expense no matter what company you use. My advise to you is to get serveral price quotes and then determine which quote will meet your budget. The companies mentioned are very good in terms of DePalm Tours, Wix Tours and KinKini Tours. These buses are air conditioned and comfortable. The fun buses are reconverted school buses and are not air conditioned and not as comfortable. If you are going a far distance, your guests will be dressed up and will feel far more comfortable in an air conditioned bus :D

A_J_Mitch
08-28-2009, 04:39 PM
I did get one quote to transport from divi to Civil Ceramony would be about $450 for a 20 person hummer RT..Not sure on the company it was a quote the planner had given me.

Karen Lutzker
08-31-2009, 09:38 AM
That is a very high quote for such a short distance. If you have been to Aruba before you will notice that the Dvi is a short distance to town. The civil house is located right in the town behind the main street. The large hummer is a new mode of transportation in Aruba and I believe is owned by a car rental company. For those of you that do not know, bringing automobiles into Aruba receive high import taxes. Most likly that is the reason that you received a high quote. There are small bus companies that hold up to 26 persons, are air conditioned, comfortable and charge by the distance from point A to point B. I could see the higher rate being charged to drive round trip to the civil house from Palm beach area (Marriott, Holiday Inn, Hyatt, Occidental Grand, but not from the Divi. The hummer is lovely idea and sure your guests would be impressed. However, if it is not in your budget, I am sure if you looked further, you would find a nice mode of transportation that will be affordable.

chinadoll23
09-01-2009, 12:22 PM
thanks this was really helpful. does anyone know how much a cab ride from the westin to the flying fishbone cost?

gigi
09-03-2009, 09:14 AM
What about Kukoo Kunuku?? They also do transfers in their open air bus - and it always looks like a great time. A few days before my wedding we saw a bride (and all the guests) getting off the bus at the Phoenix for the reception. Everyone was having a great time and didnt want to get off the bus!

Arubalisa
09-07-2009, 09:39 AM
thanks this was really helpful. does anyone know how much a cab ride from the westin to the flying fishbone cost?
$32 each way (http://www.arubabound.com/transp/taxi_fares.htm), maximum of 5 people, additional $3 each on Sunday or holiday.