PDA

View Full Version : Getting fit for Aruba

DushiHeidi
02-09-2009, 07:50 AM
So yesterday I purchased an Ab Rocket from Brookstone. I love love love it! I seen an infomercial on a product similar to it. I was skeptical but interested when I seen what it had to offer. When I tried it yesterday at the store I was addicted. I took it home and went to work. It included a video that is super fun to work out to. This ab rocket makes doing crunches seem east. I thought that I'd wake up super sore today, but I was totally wrong! I feel great and cant wait to do it again today!

arubamark
02-09-2009, 04:39 PM
So yesterday I purchased an Ab Rocket from Brookstone. I love love love it! I seen an infomercial on a product similar to it. I was skeptical but interested when I seen what it had to offer. When I tried it yesterday at the store I was addicted. I took it home and went to work. It included a video that is super fun to work out to. This ab rocket makes doing crunches seem east. I thought that I'd wake up super sore today, but I was totally wrong! I feel great and cant wait to do it again today!

Awesome!! I am doing the P90X workout - it's killer but shows results. I dropped 20lbs so far. I haven't done it in 2 weeks becasue of traveling and some other stuff and I have maintained weight. I start again tomorrow so I will be fit for Aprils trip. Keep with it!!!

Bill
02-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Im on the cookie diet (Seriously) I dropped 18 LBS. Man I miss carbs a lot.

arubamark
02-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Im on the cookie diet (Seriously) I dropped 18 LBS. Man I miss carbs a lot.

See the 3rd phase of my workout, month 3 is strictly carbs for the energy so it's not so bad. Tell me about this cookie diet, never heard of it.

shanb42
02-09-2009, 09:54 PM
cookie diet? That sounds yummy!

I have a ways to go before Aruba, but I started training for the NYC Marathon recently. I'm down 10lbs since I started.

arubamark
02-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Well running and swimming IMHO are the best ways to shed the lbs's.

tdf114
02-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Mark,
Could you tell us more about P90X and was it worth the cost? I was thinking about doing this as I have seen it on TV, but was skeptical.
Thanks and good luck loosing the LB's
I am also going to Aruba in April.
Tricia

arubamark
02-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Mark,
Could you tell us more about P90X and was it worth the cost? I was thinking about doing this as I have seen it on TV, but was skeptical.
Thanks and good luck loosing the LB's
I am also going to Aruba in April.
Tricia

Tricia,

It is definately worth the cost. It is the most effective workout that I have seen. I usually don't go for all those quick 20-30 ,minute a day workouts they promote on tv. This is very different, it's all about muscle confusion. I just started it all over since I did some traveling then caught a cold so I was off the routine for close to 3 weeks. Started all over yesterday and it's just great. They lay everything out for you, there a charts to follow for foods and work-outs. It's a 3 month program, 3 phases.

Fat Shredder
Energy Booster
Endurance Maximizer
Each workout, 6 days a week takes anywhere from 45 to 75 minutes. Here are some of the workouts, it comes with a complete spreadsheet that is very user friendly to show you what has to be done and when.

Chest & Back
Plyometrics
Shoulders & Arms
Yoga X
Legs & Back
Kenpo
Core Synergistics
Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Back & Biceps
Cardio X
Ab Ripper X
X Stretch
As you can see it is intense, make sure you will be committed and I gaurentee you will reach your goals and see results.

This was a little to intense for my wife since it consists of a lot of puch-ups and pull-ups. She is doing the Denise Austin workout cd's along with walking and is getting good results from that.

Hope this was helpful and good luck!

Mark

tdf114
02-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Mark,
Sorry to hear you were sick!
Thank you for the info, I'm going to try it. Have a great time in April.
Thank again,
Tricia