PDA

View Full Version : Morgans Island Waterpark - Reduces Price

Liz - Aruba Lover
02-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Morgans Island Waterpark http://www.arubamorgansisland.com/ (http://www.arubamorgansisland.com/) yesterday reduced their admission fee. Adults are now $39. (was $57) and children age 3-12 now $34. (was $47). Hours 10:30-5 weekdays; 10-6 weekends. Age 60 or over admission is FREE with ID.

lizzardo
02-11-2009, 09:24 AM
That gave me a chuckle - over 60 in for free! I would love to see the grannies and grandpas invade one day and take the place over!!

Also love their flag by the circle saying "death zone" - don't know
if they are kidding or telling the truth :D

cindyo
02-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Still to much for me...kids way out of line also. Maybe those prices will work, but unfortunately not for us. I wanta be around when all the 60 and over arrive...it could be on America's funny video..Hey, ya only live once, I am sure that crowd will love it...lol....i wish them luck as I would hate to see any new place close, I wish them the best. Now, if they want to give me a free "try-it" I will go...cindyo

DushiHeidi
02-11-2009, 10:40 AM
What would everyone pay? I would pay 20 a person for the whole day but that would be my max.

Arubalisa
02-11-2009, 11:28 AM
I just looked to compare to our waterpark here at home. 2009 pricing here is $29.99/adults, $17.99/42” and Under and $15.99/Senior Citizens (age 55+). Deduct $2 if you purchase your tickets online. All in all a better deal than Morgans Island.

I CAN understand though that they are using a LOT of water and water is VERY expensive in Aruba.

fattypatty
02-11-2009, 02:30 PM
that pricing schedule is just ridiculous.....

lizzardo
02-12-2009, 09:55 AM
That's one question I always wondered about that place - where are they getting the water and if/how it is recycled - because it would
cost a fortune just for the water. Also kinda of a "non-green" use as well....

Andrea J.
02-12-2009, 06:07 PM
i saw the filter systems
it is the same fliters that are used for swimming pools

the majority of water loss is thru evaporation
and the same evaporation occurs at all outdoor pools in aruba

water is always cycled and cycled and cycled over and over and over

there is no deliberate throw away with aruba swimming pools including the water park

i wrote to morgans and asked them to comment on their staffing, activities, pricing, pool sanitization and disinfection

so the cost of operating the pools at morgans is costly indeed but the cost of all of those pools in aruba is costly too.

a way to figure the amount of gallons a pool holds
is
Length X width X Average Depth X 7.5 =

andrea

Jarubian
02-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Thank you Andrea that is great information, and like you said it is expensive to recycle and keep up all of those pools. Remember you all are still on an island, and allot of things on other islands ar ejust as expensive if not more. Personally its too much for me too.

Cosmo
02-12-2009, 08:15 PM
I always want all ventures on the island to suceed, I just don't do waterparks when the most beautiful water in the world is on the beach.I might stop by when i am 60

Katie and Chris
02-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the update. I heard that it wasen't that great. So I'm glad to see they have lowered their prices. Still don't know if we will be going during our trip next 2 weeks. :)

lizzardo
02-14-2009, 02:03 PM
And you have to remember this is the second one. The other
waterpark is DePalm island.

But I guess you gotta keep the kiddies entertained!!

DANNYO
02-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Is the price of the waterpark at DePalm included in the trip to the island?I remember a while ago they even gave you a horrible BBQ lunch with drinks.

arubamark
02-16-2009, 03:06 AM
I would rather not but I know my kids will be asking in November if they can go. I will probably take them for a half day or better yet maybe I will let my parents take them since they are over 60.;) I am glad they lowered the price, more businesses need to follow this idea if they want more people to spend money. With the way things are with this economy we are lucky that we are making ith there in the first place, most people are looking to save money when they get there. This is the way it is not just in Aruba but any place where there is a lot of tourism, they (businesses)are going to hurt themselves in the long run, more and more people are looking for new ways to save, it's more important we make it down for a vacation. Do you really belive that an Aruban family is paying the same prices at restaurants or water parks as tourists are? No way! I just think imho that the people who own timeshares or who rent villas or suites will be doing more shopping at Lings and eating out less in restaurants and spending money at Water Parks. The main attraction is the predictable weather to us anyway. Hopefully you see some price reduction across the board, it would help business.

Arubalisa
02-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Do you really belive that an Aruban family is paying the same prices at restaurants or water parks as tourists are?
Just as a point of info ;), some businesses such as these, especially restaurants charge Arubans less money or have "specials".

arubamark
02-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Exactly, but we are the ones pumping the money in to their economy. We should be getting a discount here and there as well.

cpyro
02-24-2009, 04:18 PM
I just got back from aruba on 2/14/09 and while i was there they lowered the price to $39 per person, and i believe my son was $27(don't quote me on that but it was cheaper for kids). It was nice-no lines, good slides, we had a good time.

Kent-ArubaBob
02-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Craig, will you and Lisa do another snorkle tour with me? I just bought 6 more scooters so I am up to 12 water scooters.

FranRussell
01-18-2010, 03:09 PM
I know everyone is not really laughing at the over 60 group..... the way I look at it is that we are going to be in Aruba in May 2010 and my children are talking about possibly going to the waterpark for the day. My husband and I would NEVER pay the admission to the park since we would not really use the facilities, but it would be nice to tag along and spend the day with the grandchildren..... I think it is a great idea.

Arubalisa
03-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Can anyone confirm the headline in Amigo (subscription side :() that they have closed? :confused:

Waterpark Morgan’s Island gesloten = Morgan's Island water park closed

Liz - Aruba Lover
03-23-2010, 04:38 PM
I think it was this board that I posted 2 months ago that Morgan's probably would close in a few months.

Andrea J.
03-23-2010, 07:02 PM
can we confirm if it has closed?

Liz - Aruba Lover
03-23-2010, 07:51 PM
If no one postes before I get there I'll find out when I get to Aruba in 2 days.

Randi
03-24-2010, 08:39 AM
We didn't see anyone using the slides as we drove by the past three weeks, however, we never have either??

Arubalisa
03-24-2010, 08:47 AM
Water Park Morgan’s Island closed down
23 Maart, 2010, 08:43 (GMT -04:00)
http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_70299.php (http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_70299.php)

ORANJESTAD —Morgan’s Island has closed their doors. The water park is most likely bankrupt.

Technicians from Balashi had stood at the entrance early this morning to collect things from the company, but to no avail. Before a reporter from Amigoe, they confirmed they could not enter the premises. They had just heard from their foreman that some one had seized the company. According to them, an adjudication order would be issued within two to three weeks. The foreman had heard this from the company. “The management had phoned everyone this morning to tell them the company would not be opening its doors today,” the technicians said. Amigoe tried to obtain a confirmation from the company itself on the bankruptcy by telephone this morning, but to no avail.

The press had frequently reported on a bankruptcy of Morgan’s Island. The water park, located on Sasakiweg and known for its huge colored chutes, had celebrated its anniversary in November last year. Tony Ponson, the manager of the park, had admitted at that time that the park ‘had seen on- and off-months’, but he was positive about the future.