PDA

View Full Version : Adults only pool

Cynthia
02-26-2009, 10:18 PM
I heard that the Marriott Aruba Surf Club was constructing an adults only pool. I was wondering if that was true and if the pool was completed?

qlaval
02-27-2009, 01:35 AM
They were talking about adding another pool between the Ocean and the Surf Club a long time ago...
Still no official agreement yet.

cindyo
02-27-2009, 08:21 AM
The Renn. marina has an adult only pool. It is really cool. You can float while looking down on LGsmith blvd.

danadog56
02-27-2009, 09:40 AM
That's nice....hmmmm...I never really felt the need for an adults only pool until the Divi Village opened their newly built section with infinity pool and pool bar...I don't know if I am being a prude..but...when we go over to the pool bar and want to drink sometimes there are folks really carrying on and sometimes not...I feel (IMO ONLY) that this is not a place for kids...could get hurt accidentally...Some parents bring the kids over and let them sit on stools in water....okay, I know it's pretty cool, but I worry someone may get hurt. I don't really worry about the adults but I do worry about the kids. Feel Divi should put one of those strings across at a point that designates adult area from "everyone area"...
So now that I have said my piece...I will endeavor to be quiet...(yeah, right)

Randi
02-27-2009, 10:06 PM
They were talking about adding another pool between the Ocean and the Surf Club a long time ago...
Still no official agreement yet.

They gave up on that idea as the actual pool size is not the issue it is the pool deck. They have made more space along the pool and are planning to create more deck space in the hopes of making things better..........we will see!:)

devilsrule2004
02-27-2009, 10:28 PM
wow an adults only pool would be nice there..

Cynthia
03-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll let you know if I hear anything about it. :)

Randi
03-09-2009, 06:04 PM
I think they are revisiting this issue. This would give people who are without children an opportunity to sit quietly. Big decision but would mean a small investment by owners (like under $100). Interesting concept, not a bad idea.

DANNYO
03-09-2009, 07:23 PM
I think they are revisiting this issue. This would give people who are without children an opportunity to sit quietly. Big decision but would mean a small investment by owners (like under $100). Interesting concept, not a bad idea.(like under$100)Would this be a one time charge or will it be added on to our maintenance fee.I think we pay to much now.

Randi
03-09-2009, 08:44 PM
There is some discussion around the beach, not sure if this is accurate but they really need to do something and address the issues.

I think another pool is probably needed (although I never sit there) and this seems to be something that might be looked upon favourably.

Weimaraner
03-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me! I'd be willing to pay extra for it.

jollyking
03-09-2009, 11:55 PM
It would be nice if this were true... and if it is could someone confirm...