PDA

View Full Version : Private Island Tours by Cerry

Randi
03-06-2009, 11:09 PM
my son and his girlfriend just took a tour with Cerry last week. They loved it. My son, who has been coming to the island since he was 8 years old hasn't been on a tour in ten years and found it very interesting and informative.

From his report, well worth the money! You get to pick where, when and how long to tour...perfect!

Paulie Walnutz
03-24-2009, 06:35 PM
We recently visited Aruba for the first time and scheduled a Private Island Tour with Cerry. He's knowledgeable, personable and gives a terrific tour of the Island. I highly recommend Cerry for a wonderful touring experience.:)
Cerry is responsive to e-mails and can be reached at info@pitaruba.com.

Randi
03-24-2009, 08:40 PM
I arranged for my son and his girlfriend to take his tour and they LOVED IT!! My son has been coming to Aruba for ten years but he learnt so much. He couldn't say enough about Cerry.

Well worth it!:D

Andrea J.
03-24-2009, 08:57 PM
just like your son's tour, we too had a really informative and enlightening tour

we learned so uch it was a great aruba history lesson

andrea

just
I arranged for my son and his girlfriend to take his tour and they LOVED IT!! My son has been coming to Aruba for ten years but he learnt so much. He couldn't say enough about Cerry.

Well worth it!:D

ltdpt
03-29-2009, 08:54 AM
We just got back last night after our 9th visit to the island and did our first real tour of the island with cerry. We can't say enough good about him, he was a wealth of information, he took us places that we wanted to see and showed us places that we didn't know about. Our tour lasted a little over 3 hours, we went end to end and side to side of the island. We got so much information that we will do another tour with him. If you want to know about the real aruba and not just the tourist area's, we highly recommend cerry, you won't be disappointed.

aruba here I come
04-02-2009, 01:30 PM
:camera:We just got back from aruba, last thursday and we also used cerry for a private tour! (3-24-09) Was a vast of informations, very friendly, didn't rush you if you where taking pictures. We had about a 3 hour tour, and still things we didn't get to! At the end of the tour, we asked to be dropped at the hard rock, cerry was please to do so. Took our picture, (posted on his site), and bid farwell. I hope to get back soon, and we will def use him again.
Easy to set up, I just emailed from home, and then when we arrived in aruba, called him and confirmed. Was a great please, and it cost us less then to do one of the "tours" with any of the companys!!!
Thank you cerry!!!

Ellen and Rob Seifried:D:behappy:

Mr. Ratt
04-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Not to be indelicate, but if I may inquire, how much?

Arubalisa
04-02-2009, 05:40 PM
http://taxiaruba.com/new/policy.html (http://taxiaruba.com/new/policy.html)

" Taxis can be hired at an hourly rate of Awg. 72.00 / US$ 40.00 per hour;

Officially approved by the Minister of Tourism and Transport
The Department of Public Transportation"

aruba here I come
04-03-2009, 10:08 AM

We paid 40.00 an hour plus tip, can take up to 4 people(while we where there is van was in getting repairs:cool:,so it could only be the two of us) YOu can just email him, and he gets back to you by the next am,(due to he is out working during the day..

Mr. Ratt
04-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Again, thanks to all the wonderfully well-informed here on the board.

Ah, less than 48 hours... the clock is ticking.

JYo
05-22-2009, 02:22 PM
We just returned from our first visit to Aruba and took advantage of Cerry's tour services. We took a 4-hour tour on our first day. It was well worth the money because not only did we hear all about Aruba's history but we got a birds-eye view of the island from one end to the other. Cerry is obviously very knowledgeable and proud of his little island. We recommend him highly and we know you'll enjoy his tours.

Jan & Toki Yoshioka, Levittown, NY

coramagdalene
06-09-2009, 05:48 PM
My husband, 14 year old son and I just got back from Aruba. After reading the excellent reviews of Cerry as a tour guide on this forum, I arranged for Cerry to take us on a 3 hour tour. He took us from one end of the island to the other. He was prompt in picking us up and was very interesting. Even my son liked the tour!

Andrea J.
06-09-2009, 06:14 PM
great to hear there is another satisified customer.
he is also a member of this forum
andrea

jmichaelz02
08-30-2009, 11:08 PM
I just returned from Aruba and used Cerry as well. He was on time, very in-tune with the history and culture of the island, and took us to see all the highlights.

jmichaelz02
08-31-2009, 12:00 AM
My friend and I just returned from a week-long vacation in Aruba. A few weeks before embarking on our journey, I scoured the internet for hours looking for the "best of the best" when it comes to tours of the island. Frustrated by not being able to find a private, tailor-made option, I just about settled on one of the cookie-cutter sightseeing companies.

But, before commiting, I came across multiple posts about this guy named Cerry. The more I read, the more I felt I had to book my tour with him. After viewing his website (www.pitaruba.com (http://www.pitaruba.com)), I made my decision. An email later, I was all booked and poised for adventure during our first full day on the island.

After arriving the day before and calling him to confirm our info, Cerry picked us up right on time; we were walking out of the resort entrance just as he was pulling up. We climbed into his beautiful, clean, well-air conditioned SUV and were almost immediately immersed in the history and cultural facts of the island as we made our way to our first stop, the California Lighthouse.

Upon arrival to the lighthouse, Cerry allowed us to take as much time as we needed to capture lots of photos (just as he did with all of our stops). Other places we visited included the interior suburbs of the island, new housing developments, Eagle Beach, Oranjestad, the large rock formations (can't remember the name of the place), as well as the new Arikok National Park. The latter is where we spent most of our time, much to our pleasure as well as Cerry's seeing as this was his first time entering the area!

While visiting Arikok, we ventured to the rocky shorelines to explore hidden coves and enjoy the breath-taking views. One of the other stops in the park was at one of the caves, at which time one of the park rangers/officials led us through the dark enclosure and educated all three of us on the formations, cave paintings, and wildlife that lived in the cave. After the cave, we also walked through an area next to the cave which played home to a freshwater pool with fish and other wild inhabitants like hermit crabs and large frogs. Oh, and we learned that wild sage, which grows everywhere on the island, is great for sinus problems...just pick a leaf, roll, and insert into the nose for instant decongestion (Cerry tried it, and it worked better than any medicine I've ever seen)!

I have to honestly say that there is no other person I would have rather hired for our tour. It was the highlight of our trip and we sincerely hope that anyone who plans to explore the island will give Cerry a call or send him an email. He offers so much more than one of the "big box" tour companies, and at a better price, too! He was beyond knowledgeable, extremely friendly, and he obviously loves what he does. I promise you will not be disappointed! He will go anywhere you ask him to...you're the boss. Just like his website slogan says, "Don't be sorry, hire Cerry!"

Andrea J.
08-31-2009, 08:59 AM
nice review!
we too were happy with his tour although our review was not as eloquent as yours :-)
andrea

socalgirl
09-08-2009, 04:30 PM
we are very intersted! how do we contact him? how long did you tour with him and how much did it cost?
thanks,
gayle

jmichaelz02
09-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Cerry's website is www.pitaruba.com (http://www.pitaruba.com). He can be reached at info@pitaruba.com. His phone number is also indicated on the site.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your tour! Have fun!

Andrea J.
09-08-2009, 05:44 PM
our tour with cerry was for about 2 hours and i think it was $40 or $45 per hour.
the taxi fares are set and regulated by the governmnet and the new fares went into effect last week.
the new fare is $45 per hr.

we enjoyed our tour, we went to "shark teeth hill" and cerry joined in on the expedition. he is a heck of a good guy and so well informed and well spoken.

and fwiw...if you chose to go to shark teeth hill, ask permission of the owner before you go onto the property. the office is a trailer like building and it is important to aks permission.

andrea

we are very intersted! how do we contact him? how long did you tour with him and how much did it cost?
thanks,
gayle

firsttimearuba
09-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Cerry was an awesome tour guide! My gf and I just returned from Aruba on Friday. It was our first trip and we wanted to get acquainted with the islands. After reading the reviews on this website I felt most comfortable with Cerry and I'm happy that I chose him for our 3 hour private tour of Aruba. Cerry has a very nice car and was actually 5 minutes early to pick us up at the Renaissance Aruba. We arrived on Saturday around 4 pm and I thought it was best for us to take a tour of the island for a few hours. Cerry gave us the best tour possible from 9A-12P :-) Thanks Cerry! Places we visited - some beaches, the 2nd highest point in Aruba, Arikok National Park, Fontein Caves. Cerry has excellent knowledge of Aruba and over 30 years in tourism. I was determined to climb to the top of the 2nd highest point. It took us about 15 minutes to the top and 15 minutes down. Cerry was unable to climb to the top, but he gladly waited for us at the bottom! His tour is very thorough regarding the history of Aruba and the economy. His facts are interesting! I'd highly recommend Cerry. He also stopped by a local grocery store at the end of our trip so we could get some groceries for the week. It was very nice of him to do so! We loaded our groceries into his car and he drove us back to our hotel. Highly recommend Cerry for the private tour. His car is spot clean and AC controlled. Take his tour you won't regret it. He can also pick you up at the airport if you ask! www.pitaruba.com (http://www.pitaruba.com) to schedule your tour!

firsttimearuba
09-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Cerry was an awesome tour guide! My gf and I just returned from Aruba on Friday. It was our first trip and we wanted to get acquainted with the islands. After reading the reviews on this website I felt most comfortable with Cerry and I'm happy that I chose him for our 3 hour private tour of Aruba. Cerry has a very nice car and was actually 5 minutes early to pick us up at the Renaissance Aruba. We arrived on Saturday around 4 pm and I thought it was best for us to take a tour of the island for a few hours. Cerry gave us the best tour possible from 9A-12P :-) Thanks Cerry! Places we visited - some beaches, the 2nd highest point in Aruba, Arikok National Park, Fontein Caves. Cerry has excellent knowledge of Aruba and over 30 years in tourism. I was determined to climb to the top of the 2nd highest point. It took us about 15 minutes to the top and 15 minutes down. Cerry was unable to climb to the top, but he gladly waited for us at the bottom! His tour is very thorough regarding the history of Aruba and the economy. His facts are interesting! I'd highly recommend Cerry. He also stopped by a local grocery store at the end of our trip so we could get some groceries for the week. It was very nice of him to do so! We loaded our groceries into his car and he drove us back to our hotel. Highly recommend Cerry for the private tour. His car is spot clean and AC controlled. Take his tour you won't regret it. He can also pick you up at the airport if you ask! www.pitaruba.com (http://www.pitaruba.com/) to schedule your tour!

JohnAndLauren
10-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Hello all we just got back from Aruba and I cant say enough about Cerry he was prompt and new alot about the island. He also speaks great english and was a great about takeing pictures. If you take a tour I would take a personal tour with Cerry it was way worth it. :D

Any question feel free to ask
John

Chadd
10-30-2009, 07:22 PM
I just finalized our tour with him for next week.

prissyelliemerry
10-31-2009, 07:42 AM
What can I say about Cerry? He's great!!!!!!!! I went to Aruba in October solo. I had arranged a tour with Cerry and he was very prompt on his arrival. His English is very good and knowledge of his country was fascinating. He takes his time with you and will go or stop anywhere you choose. When your tour is over, you'll feel like you've been to school, but had alot more fun!!!!!!! Don't even think twice about taking a tour with Cerry, just do it, you won't regret it. Cerry is a #1 in my book.

Andrea J.
10-31-2009, 12:19 PM
we too were very impressed with our Aruba tour with Cerry.
what i found most interesting and enjoyable was his knowledge of aruba's history.

in the event that he ever needs or wants a new career, my suggestion to him is to become a high school history or sociology teacher.

LynneZen
11-01-2009, 12:53 PM
How do you contact Cerry?

Thanks, Lynne

Andrea J.
11-01-2009, 01:47 PM
cyrllcroes@hotmail.com

www.pitaruba.com (http://www.pitaruba.com)

andrea

aruba here I come
11-02-2009, 10:29 AM
We used him for a privite tour in March, Very nice man, was easy to set up, he picked us right on time of our tour.
would recommend!

Babybeach
11-04-2009, 09:59 AM
We just came back from a trip to Aruba and had a great tour with Cery. He is a great tour guide. We took a three hour tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've been to Aruba over 10 times and I still learned some great info. I was with a friend who was on Aruba for the first time, and she really enjoyed the tour too. I'd highly recommend him!

Andrea J.
11-04-2009, 01:29 PM
babybeach i see you are a new member to the forum
WELCOME
and come back often, contribute, lurk and ask!

andrea

purpleangel
11-04-2009, 02:16 PM
What kind of tours does Cerry offer? I'm assuming the cost would depend on the type and length of the tour?

On my first trip to the island, we arranged a private tour thru the concierge. I can't remember her name, but she was Dutch and lived on the island. We went to California lighthouse, the natural bridge, and Alto Vista Church.

Andrea J.
11-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Cerry charges $45 per hour which is a standard set rate by the government.

the tours he offers are "whatever you want".

he will make suggestions if you have no idea

he will take you wherever and whenever you want!

when we went with him, he took us to "shark teeth hill and was actually out looking for shark's teeth with us.

(forwarned.....if you want to go to shark teeth hill make sure you stop at the owner's office and ASK permission)

cerry is a wealth of info and is incredibly well spoken and intelligent and jovial.

"
What kind of tours does Cerry offer? I'm assuming the cost would depend on the type and length of the tour?

On my first trip to the island, we arranged a private tour thru the concierge. I can't remember her name, but she was Dutch and lived on the island. We went to California lighthouse, the natural bridge, and Alto Vista Church.

purpleangel
11-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Thanks, Andrea. Serry actually PMed me, and I will check out his website.

Thank you, Serry!

mgenestra
11-05-2009, 01:51 PM
How much does he charge?

Andrea J.
11-05-2009, 02:44 PM
see post #11

and his website is www.pitaruba.com

mgenestra
11-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Thank you. My husband and I are coming to Aruba Nov 27th for 9 days and I'm going to set something up with Cerry. I already emailed him.
Thank you.

Andrea J.
11-05-2009, 06:03 PM
mgenestra
enjoy your aruba vacation
you will have a blast.

wnysnow
11-05-2009, 07:15 PM
I booked Cerry to take my daughter and her new husband on a tour during their honeymoon. During the three hours they spent with him they saw everything, from the lighthouse, Alto Vista, Casi Rabi Rocks, the Wild Side with a new natural bridge forming, the Gold Mine Ruins and Arikok National Park with the hieroglyphics and bat caves.

The best part was that he took pictures of both of them at those places! This will be a real momento of their honeymoon!:p

Chadd
11-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Booked a few hours of Cerry's time on Wednesday with my wife and her parents and we had a great time. Over the course of four hours my wife and I got a bit more of the history of the island that we didn't know and her parents got to see all of the highlights.

It was nice to get answers to questions we have come up with over the years and learn even more about the island. I do have to apologize to Cerry for my father in law and his stories and my mother in law's questions about every flower we drove past.

mrem3200
11-13-2009, 11:54 AM
I have only been to Aruba 3 times but each time we rented a car for the day and drove all over the island. I know I haven't seen everything but have seen a lot. I am interested if people think it would still be worth it to do a tour with Cerry. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

Chadd
11-13-2009, 12:06 PM
I have only been to Aruba 3 times but each time we rented a car for the day and drove all over the island. I know I haven't seen everything but have seen a lot. I am interested if people think it would still be worth it to do a tour with Cerry. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

Rick
This was my seventh trip and know more about the island than most tourists bit I learned things from Cerry.

mrem3200
11-27-2009, 05:29 PM
I just got back on Wednesday. We took a 3 hour private tour by Cerry. Even though we have driven around the island on each of our previous 3 visits it was still very interesting and very worthwhile. He took us to some places we had not been to before and revisited some that we had already seen. He knows everything there is to know about the island and we learned a lot. It was even better for me since each of the other times we rented a car I drove so I was more concerned with paying attention to driving as opposed to looking at the scenery. It was nice to be able to relax and let him do the driving. We arranged for Cerry to take us to dinner that night and on the way he drove us past his house, church and the school he went to. We would have used him more but our schedules didn't work out.

wynterthyme
12-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi,
I just want to say me and my son Brian took a 2 hour tour with Cerry on 12/12/09. It was a very worthwhile tour! He was on time picking us up and knew so much about the island! Any questions you have just ask him and he knows! It was very informative and fun! If you come to Aruba and want a tour you should contact him, it was totally worth it !

When I come back in the future I will definitely contact Cerry again for a longer tour of the island and to see everything else !

Denise,
New York

Andrea J.
12-15-2009, 12:29 PM
welcome to the forum wynter!

andrea

bbaall
12-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Cerry is everything one would want of a tour guide. Personable, reliable, prompt and as a native of aruba is quite knowledgeable. We had a four hour tour which was plently of time to see every important place in aruba. We made a few stops to take pictures and walk around. Cerry proved to be a good photographer as well. Having made several trips always having a private tour, cerry is among the very best tour guides.
December 17, 2009

robbg
12-20-2009, 09:16 AM
We just had a 4 hour tour with Cerry yesterday. He is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about his island.

The ONLY complaint I have is the thick taxi-like plastic covering his car seats which is a bit uncomfortable. Otherwise A+!

Cyrilo Croes
12-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Thank you for your bussiness and for posting.

1/ Most Taxis seats are covered in plastic and that's to protect it from the salt water, salt water damages the seats.

2/ Some people believe they're completely dry ,at least the shorts or pants they wear over their wet or damp bathing suits might be dry but when these passengers sit their wet or damp bathingsuits drip through their dry shorts or pants to the seats and some other pasengers who board the Taxis after these might get their clothes wet and guess what, it is the driver who's going to be blamed for this. This is not fair for the guests of course and neither it is for the driver.
So in order to avoid this most taxis on the Island resorted to cover their bucketseats in plastic and this is to protect passengers from getting their clothes wet and also to protect it from the salt water.
It's a pity we had to do this but we have to protect our passengers and our investment as well
Even though I've never ever had a posting mentioning this before I will deffinatelly see what I can do about it in the future.

mriordan
01-03-2010, 05:52 PM
I was very lucky to find Cerry from this very thread. This was my wife and I's first time on the island while my parents had been before but not been around to see the island. We were contemplating a bus tour since my mother likes that kind of thing but I just hated the idea of that. For a price similar to what the 4 of us would have paid for a bus ride we got an amazing 4 hour experience of a tour to various spots on the island while Cerry narrated and we learned all various history and facts about the island. The caves were an amazing experience that you can only experience with a car with 4x4 (Cerry has this). We had plenty of questions and Cerry had plenty of answers. For some renting a car might be more exciting but the peace of mind of being chauffeured around with no liability of wrecking a car, not being worried about getting lost, this was the only way to go.

We were extremely pleased with our choice. I look forward to coming with friends who haven't seen the island and doing it again!

Andrea J.
01-03-2010, 06:49 PM
welcome to the forum mriordan
if you get a chance post a trip report in the MY ARUBA STORY section

I was very lucky to find Cerry from this very thread. This was my wife and I's first time on the island while my parents had been before but not been around to see the island. We were contemplating a bus tour since my mother likes that kind of thing but I just hated the idea of that. For a price similar to what the 4 of us would have paid for a bus ride we got an amazing 4 hour experience of a tour to various spots on the island while Cerry narrated and we learned all various history and facts about the island. The caves were an amazing experience that you can only experience with a car with 4x4 (Cerry has this). We had plenty of questions and Cerry had plenty of answers. For some renting a car might be more exciting but the peace of mind of being chauffeured around with no liability of wrecking a car, not being worried about getting lost, this was the only way to go.

We were extremely pleased with our choice. I look forward to coming with friends who haven't seen the island and doing it again!

Kaue
01-14-2010, 04:28 PM
I too did a tour with Cerry.

His knowledge of the island was excellent and he was very friendly.
It really is worth the while to tour with him, I saw the whole island in 5 hours - VIP style.
Andrea J recommended him and she was spot on, I'm not sorry I hired Cerry lol.

Cyrilo Croes
02-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Thank you Kaue for your bussiness and the referrals and hope to see you back on our beloved Island

dividiviprincess
02-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Can anyone tell me how to get ahold of Cerry? My Mom is going to Aruba for the first time this year, and I want someone to take her on an island tour. And everyone on this forum knows their stuff. So if Cerry is the one then Fabulous !!

Andrea J.
02-03-2010, 12:38 PM
www.pitaruba.com

or contact cyrilo croes by private message on this site

annburger
02-06-2010, 06:01 PM
After reading the posts about Cerry we booked a tour with him on the day that our cruise ship was to be docked in Aruba. He was SO much better than one of the canned cruise ship tours! He was prompt, friendly, and a fountain of information! His vehicle was clean and comfortable and he took us all over the island. He spoke very good English and gave us a history of the island as well as explaining the concerns of today's island people. He was also very knowledgable about current events in the US. We truly enjoyed the time spent with Cerry. I would highly recommend him!

lrealnurse
02-08-2010, 01:03 PM
What can I say about Cerry? He's great!!!!!!!! I went to Aruba in October solo. I had arranged a tour with Cerry and he was very prompt on his arrival. His English is very good and knowledge of his country was fascinating. He takes his time with you and will go or stop anywhere you choose. When your tour is over, you'll feel like you've been to school, but had alot more fun!!!!!!! Don't even think twice about taking a tour with Cerry, just do it, you won't regret it. Cerry is a #1 in my book.

Good afternoon,
what type of tour is with Cerry (bus, taxi, ect) and how long is it? Where does the tour take you and how much is this tour. Sounds real interesting and fun.

thanks
Lisa

Andrea J.
02-08-2010, 01:38 PM
go to www.pitaruba.com and see his site

the tour is where YOU want to go
or you can leave it up to cerry to take you to the most requested sites (lighthouse, alto vista chapel, natural bridge area, gold mine ruins, national park, baby beach,)
i think it is $45 per hr
and imo a 2 hr tour should be able to get you to see ALL of those things mentioned.

his vehicle is a large white toyota SUV
it is considered a taxi

he is a perfect host and tourguide

RichardS
02-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Arrived in Aruba this past Saturday for our first trip. Had Cerry pick my wife and I up at the airport to give us a tour to start our trip. Cerry not only shows you the island he also gives you the history which was very interesting. You can ask any questions and he can answer them. He is one that makes sure your visit is the greatest. I would recommend him to anyone that wants a tour!:)

Andrea J.
02-24-2010, 08:35 PM
i got this email from a person that took a private island tour with cerry.

Back in January 2010, my husband and I had a grand time with Cerry. Here is my brief write-up recommendation of our time with Cerry as our guide.

"Four of us took an informative 3 hour tour with Cerry around Aruba and had a great time. He was not only prompt with his replies to my email queries, but also he was conscientious about timeliness throughout our tour. His vast knowledge of Aruba made for a personable, fun, interesting, enjoyable time. Cerry was professional, easy to work with and extremely friendly."
I decided not to sign up as a community forum member under www.aruba.com

L Hum

lrealnurse
02-26-2010, 04:57 PM
I wrote to Cerry last week and received an immediate response. Cerry will go anywhere you want to go. So, this is my first trip to Aruba, I asked Cerry for suggestions and he provided many opportunities. He appears to be as great as everyone says he is. He will do whatever you want to do...
Lisa

decatursports
02-28-2010, 11:43 AM
My wife and I were in Aruba last week and went on a four hour tour with Cerry on 24 Feb 2010.

It was great and we saw almost everything on the island. We learned more about the history and the hidden treasures of Aruba and would recommend Cerry to anyone.

Ken and Sharon Gamble - Decatur, AL

Cyrilo Croes
03-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Thank you for your bussiness Jay and thanks for the refferals
Cerry

Love Aruba
03-04-2010, 12:35 PM
I just sent Cerry an e-mail. I haven't heard back yet, but we are looking forward to his tour.

Andrea J.
03-04-2010, 01:54 PM
you can also PM him using his user name on this site cyrilo croes

Love Aruba
03-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Thank you Andrea, I just sent him one. You are the best!
Pat

Love Aruba
03-04-2010, 03:41 PM
We have booked with Cerry, and we can't wait! WOOOOHOOOO

Cyrilo Croes
03-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Thank you for your bussiness and the referrals.

travelalot
03-22-2010, 06:41 PM
We recently used Cerry while visiting for the day on a cruise March 3. He was great. Here is our review:

Morning brought a beautiful sunrise over the Hooiberg/Haystack mountain in Aruba. Great way to start the day. As soon as the ship was cleared we exited to the awakening streets of Oranjestad to explore a little before we needed to meet with our tour guide. We had pre-arranged online a private tour with Cerry who we learned about online. It had been 19 years since our last visit to Aruba, so many things had changed. Aruba is so different that the rest of the Caribbean as it is an arid, desert-like island with an array of interesting cacti and Divi Dive trees (although the beach areas do have some palm trees). We knew what natural sites we wanted to visit, so we just gave Cerry our list and he gave us a great tour. He was right on time to pick us up in his immaculate white SUV. He is very knowledgeable about the history and nature of Dutch Aruba (We learned that Aruba became a separate entity within the kingdom of the Netherlands in 1986). By leaving early, we beat a lot of the crowds at some of the popular sites. We chose to visit the California Lighthouse, the lovely little Chapel of Alto Vista and Stations of the Cross, the scenic Baby Bridge (restrooms available for 50 cents), and the Bushiribani Ruins; all of which are near the ocean and offer wonderful views and photo ops (Cerry took several pictures for us also).

Next we went to Casibari Rocks which were really crowded, where we hiked up to the overlook. You need to go thru a short rock tunnel to get to the top which gets backed up because only one direction of people traffic can fit at a time. Great 360 view from the top. Back at the bottom there are fairly empty trails amongst the “Flinstone-like” rocks to enjoy. Here we were lucky to spot one of the blue spotted Aruban Whiptail Lizard that we had read about. We ended our tour at Arashi Beach, because we wanted to go snorkeling, and planned on taking the bus back to town. We really enjoyed our time with Cerry and would definitely recommend him for private touring. “You won’t be sorry with Cerry” is his motto.

bondo
04-09-2010, 07:47 PM
My wife and I just got home yesterday from our first visit to Aruba. We both agree that Aruba is the best of the Caribbean Islands we have visited. In addition, this forum led us to a private tour that met the standards of a very demanding client. Cerry was at our hotel at the time he said he would be and provided us with an educational and entertaining tour of the island. As we have all survived various tourist traps in our travels, it was so refreshing to finally work with someone who lived up to their advertisement. We found Cerry to be very knowledgeable, friendly, and dedicated to providing a level of service very different from that we have experienced in other areas.

If you want a tour of the island that can be catered to your specific interests, then contact Cerry, he will not let you down.

Love Aruba
04-10-2010, 09:44 AM
These are such good reviews for Cerry. We have booked him as well, and we can't wait. I will let you all know how it went. I am sure, from what I have read, it will be wonderful.
Pat

lrealnurse
04-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Ok, I am convinced, I will call cerry for our own private tour. Bondo, how long was that tour with Cerry? I would like to see everything that you have stated in your posting. Would your recommend all of those places or would you leave any of them oout?

thanks

Lisa

Torman
04-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Well, if Cerry so great i have to book with him. Cannot wait till my 2nd trip to Aruba with my wife in 1/2 year. Just fell in love 2nd time..with Aruba. Going to look at real state a bit and see what they have to offer. Hope Cerry can show to us beauty and hidden places of Aruba.
24 days and counting.

Alexsam98
04-30-2010, 11:27 AM
We are sold on a tour by Cerry...thank you all for your input..

Cheers

final4
05-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Just got done with my tour with Cerry. Cerry was awesome. Very pleased with our tour.

Andrea J.
05-02-2010, 07:54 PM
terrific

when you get a chance post some of your aruba highlights!!!
do any fishing yet?

Just got done with my tour with Cerry. Cerry was awesome. Very pleased with our tour.

londons2
05-11-2010, 08:43 PM
The hubby and I just returned from Aruba this past Sunday. We took a 3 hour island tour with Cerry based on reviews from this forum as well as a couple of others. It was PERFECT. Cerry was super fast with responses to my email questions as well as my booking. He arrived perfectly on time in his very nice, large and good air conditioned SUV. He has extensive knowledge of the island's history, government and current facts. We got to see so many sights, learn all about them, culture and just fun tidbits of info. He could answer all my questions and his was very cordial, fun and made my laugh out loud several times! We took some amazing pictures from the locations we went, which most of the reviews have mentioned. He left he car running, so it was always good and cold when we got back in from snapping shots. He is also a great photographer so you get to be in your own pictures too! We had a great time and I would highly recommend taking him instead of a canned tour with the masses of people loading and unloading at each site and rushing around..... We were never rushed, we got out early in the morning, so we missed most of the canned tours with the masses of people at the first few stops. We did not want the hassle of driving ourselves, we both wanted to see everything and learn about the history from a local as that is important to us & part of what makes travels unique! he was a total gentleman and a great host for Aruba! All and all, it was PERFECT, book him, book him now!!!!!

Andrea J.
05-11-2010, 10:38 PM
thanks for posting your review. "perfect" is a good word to describe his tours.

welcome to the forum

The hubby and I just returned from Aruba this past Sunday. We took a 3 hour island tour with Cerry based on reviews from this forum as well as a couple of others. It was PERFECT. Cerry was super fast with responses to my email questions as well as my booking. He arrived perfectly on time in his very nice, large and good air conditioned SUV. He has extensive knowledge of the island's history, government and current facts. We got to see so many sights, learn all about them, culture and just fun tidbits of info. He could answer all my questions and his was very cordial, fun and made my laugh out loud several times! We took some amazing pictures from the locations we went, which most of the reviews have mentioned. He left he car running, so it was always good and cold when we got back in from snapping shots. He is also a great photographer so you get to be in your own pictures too! We had a great time and I would highly recommend taking him instead of a canned tour with the masses of people loading and unloading at each site and rushing around..... We were never rushed, we got out early in the morning, so we missed most of the canned tours with the masses of people at the first few stops. We did not want the hassle of driving ourselves, we both wanted to see everything and learn about the history from a local as that is important to us & part of what makes travels unique! he was a total gentleman and a great host for Aruba! All and all, it was PERFECT, book him, book him now!!!!!

SuperBunches
05-12-2010, 10:21 AM
I emailed Cerry last week about our tour and he got back to me very quickly. We are so excited! I just need my husband to tell me which days he is playing golf so I can pick a date. Hurry up July!!!

Torman
06-17-2010, 10:22 PM
One of the best things we did while in Aruba was to go on a private tour by Cerry around the island. Not only is he very friendly and sociable, but he knew his way around and he knew the history. We enjoyed ourselves very much with him. We never ran out of things to talk about. If you don't want to go by bus on a tour where you have to follow the bus' rules, hire Cerry. If you don't want to rent a car, hire Cerry. I will guarantee you that you won't regret it. For sure we don't regret hiring him. We went on our time and wherever we wanted to go, he took us. So do yourself a favour - hire Cerry.

Cerry - hello from Toronto, Canada. We hope to see you again and soon.

beachma
06-18-2010, 08:35 AM
We recently returned from our first trip to Aruba. One of the highlights of our trip was a 2 hour tour that we scheduled with Cerry. Cerry offers customized tours of Aruba for $40 per hour. I arranged the tour through his website/email prior to leaving for our trip. He confirmed the reservation date and time and promptly picked us up in his spotless, air conditioned SUV on the morning we had reserved. Cerry took us to all the sights we had selected. His knowledge of Aruba and its history and people is incredible. He was a wealth of information…and there wasn’t a dull moment for the entire 2 hours! He not only took us to the normal tourist attractions, but drove through neighborhoods where the Aruban people live and work. He was very complimentary to Americans for their support of Aruba and the tourism industry…tourism is the key to Aruba’s economy. Cerry was a very charming guide that reflected his love for his fellow Arubans and beautiful country throughout the tour. We decided at the end of our time that we wished we would have scheduled more time…we also decided that Cerry could be called Aruba’s Goodwill Ambassador. It was a wonderful experience and we will definitely be calling Cerry for another tour when we return to Aruba!

Love Aruba
06-18-2010, 09:17 AM
I agree with you about the tour with Cerry. My ONLY complaint was I didn't book it longer than 2 hours.:doh: I had no idea there was so much to see on that small island. Cerry was wonderful and would recommend him to everyone. I heard some people talk about taking a bus tour and one person wasn't feeling well, but could not come back to the hotel, because of all the other people. Your best bet is book a private tour with Cerry! You will really enjoy the trip.
We will do it again next year to see the rest of the island.:D
Pat

Andrea J.
06-18-2010, 10:24 AM
imo cerry should be teaching history and sociology in the aruba schools.
he is bright and articulate and full of so much knowledge of aruba and her people.

lrealnurse
06-20-2010, 05:41 PM
My friend and I just returned from a week-long vacation in Aruba. A few weeks before embarking on our journey, I scoured the internet for hours looking for the "best of the best" when it comes to tours of the island. Frustrated by not being able to find a private, tailor-made option, I just about settled on one of the cookie-cutter sightseeing companies.

But, before commiting, I came across multiple posts about this guy named Cerry. The more I read, the more I felt I had to book my tour with him. After viewing his website (www.pitaruba.com (http://www.pitaruba.com)), I made my decision. An email later, I was all booked and poised for adventure during our first full day on the island.

After arriving the day before and calling him to confirm our info, Cerry picked us up right on time; we were walking out of the resort entrance just as he was pulling up. We climbed into his beautiful, clean, well-air conditioned SUV and were almost immediately immersed in the history and cultural facts of the island as we made our way to our first stop, the California Lighthouse.

Upon arrival to the lighthouse, Cerry allowed us to take as much time as we needed to capture lots of photos (just as he did with all of our stops). Other places we visited included the interior suburbs of the island, new housing developments, Eagle Beach, Oranjestad, the large rock formations (can't remember the name of the place), as well as the new Arikok National Park. The latter is where we spent most of our time, much to our pleasure as well as Cerry's seeing as this was his first time entering the area!

While visiting Arikok, we ventured to the rocky shorelines to explore hidden coves and enjoy the breath-taking views. One of the other stops in the park was at one of the caves, at which time one of the park rangers/officials led us through the dark enclosure and educated all three of us on the formations, cave paintings, and wildlife that lived in the cave. After the cave, we also walked through an area next to the cave which played home to a freshwater pool with fish and other wild inhabitants like hermit crabs and large frogs. Oh, and we learned that wild sage, which grows everywhere on the island, is great for sinus problems...just pick a leaf, roll, and insert into the nose for instant decongestion (Cerry tried it, and it worked better than any medicine I've ever seen)!

I have to honestly say that there is no other person I would have rather hired for our tour. It was the highlight of our trip and we sincerely hope that anyone who plans to explore the island will give Cerry a call or send him an email. He offers so much more than one of the "big box" tour companies, and at a better price, too! He was beyond knowledgeable, extremely friendly, and he obviously loves what he does. I promise you will not be disappointed! He will go anywhere you ask him to...you're the boss. Just like his website slogan says, "Don't be sorry, hire Cerry!"

I just came back as well and I have to agree; he was right on time and provided an excellent tour; in fact, I want to do the other side of the island next time with Cerry. Cerry gets an a+++ with us.

Lisa

FrankC
06-21-2010, 05:53 PM
I just returned from a family vacation with my wife, college age daughter and high school age son. It was our first trip to Aruba. We found out about Cerry from this forum and after contacting him before we left to arrange the details, had the pleasure of his guided tour during our stay. It was a most informative 3 hours and Cerry not only exposed us to the popular sites of the island, but also its neighborhoods. Cerry's knowledge of the history of Aruba as well as current information is extensive. I strongly recommend that anyone visiting Aruba, especially for the first time, sign up with Cerry for a private tour.

lrealnurse
06-24-2010, 06:45 PM
I would sign up for more than 2 hours....

Lisa

Love Aruba
06-25-2010, 09:14 AM
Oh yes sign up for more than 2 hours. We did a 2 hour tour and it just wasn't enough. Because of that, we will have to go back next year just to get a tour of the rest of the island. LOL Any excuse is good right?! LOL Really, 2 hours isn't enough.
Get ready for us Cerry. See you next year.
Pat

bryanne911
06-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Can anyone tell me how many people his vehicle will hold..there are 6 of us coming in Feb.2011 and I'm wondering if we could all fit in or we would have to split up into 2 groups of 3..thanks! :o

Andrea J.
06-30-2010, 03:35 PM
cerry has a large toyota SUV

the taxi law on aruba states 5 passengers maximum.
per vehicle transport.

i would advice to contact cerry directly by using the private message feature on this site

cyrilo croes

Can anyone tell me how many people his vehicle will hold..there are 6 of us coming in Feb.2011 and I'm wondering if we could all fit in or we would have to split up into 2 groups of 3..thanks! :o

lrealnurse
06-30-2010, 04:16 PM
cerry has a large toyota SUV

the taxi law on aruba states 5 passengers maximum.
per vehicle transport.

i would advice to contact cerry directly by using the private message feature on this site

cyrilo croes

when I emailed Cerry, he informed me that it would be 4 people. When sitting in his Toyota Rav, I could not even imagine 4 adults (in the heat) in his SUV. I agree, my advice, just as the post before, call him and ask. He may have another SUV that he may use... good luck
Lisa

Andrea J.
06-30-2010, 04:25 PM
http://pitaruba.com/html/gallery.html
the photo of his vehicle is on the top left hand side of this link's page

SuperBunches
08-01-2010, 01:13 PM
One of the highlights of our trip was our private island tour with Cerry Croes. We found him through this and other Aruba forums. We arranged the tour through his website www.PITAruba.com. Cerry picked us up on Monday morning in his very comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle. We took my father-in-law and his girlfriend to Aruba this year; they have some health issues that require a more "personal touch." One of the large-capacity tours would not have worked for them. Cerry proceeded to take us all around the island, explaining along the way the Aruban way of life. He is very informative and well-spoken. His love for the people and wildlife of Aruba is very evident. Cerry took us to all of the most-desirable attractions in Aruba, and many more that we would not have thought of. He was able to answer all of our questions as we toured. I would highly recommend Cerry for your island tour needs. We are going to book him for next year when we take my husband's boss and his wife to Aruba.

In addition, Cerry picked us up at the airport and then returned us at the end of the trip. It was so nice to have a new friend pick us up at the end of vacation and be able to chat about the rest of our trip!

mkirk76
08-08-2010, 05:24 PM
My wife and I just returned from our first visit to beautiful Aruba. We had an amazing time, and especially enjoyed our private island tour with Cerry. I read lots of positive reviews before booking our tour, and I have to agree with everyone else's sentiments. Cerry gave us a brief history of the island during our 2 hour tour, and took us to a few of the locations we had wanted to see, including the lighthouse, Alto Vista Chapel and some of the rock formations. Next time we get to Aruba we'll definitely call up Cerry for another tour!

Thanks Cerry!

Mike

Cyrilo Croes
08-25-2010, 09:33 PM
Thank you for your bussiness " Superbunches" and the referrals.

Andrea J.
08-30-2010, 09:21 PM
http://www.arubabound.com/transp/taxi_faresb.htm
in this first link it talks about waiting time, hourly hire fee etc...

http://www.aruba.com/sigma/Aruba_Taxi_Fares.pdf
this 2nd link gives the rates for specific taxi trips

superyooch
09-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Hello! I hired Cerry to drive around Aruba during my trash the dress session. He drove around for 2.5 hours and stopped at all the places we requested him to! He was very flexible and also very knowledgeable about the island. Would definitely recommend him to anyone seeking a private driver around Aruba!

Bmulch
09-12-2010, 09:46 AM
We will be in Aruba in 17 days for 17 days and just sent Cerri an email. I look forward to his tour. This is what we have been looking for. We always take a day tour on our own, but as the tour guide, I have to make up alot of information. I am running out of BS. Looking forward to Cerri's tour. Thanks very much for the recomendations. Great bulletin board.

JanetC
09-20-2010, 11:32 AM
My husband, Mother-in-law and Father-in-law and I just returned from Aruba and we had a wonderful private tour with Cerry. Cerry was prompt answering all my emails and questions. He picked us up on time at our condo as planned, his car fit 4 adults without any problem, very comfortable and cool. Cerry was very attentative and informative. This was my fourth trip to Aruba and learned more from his tour than any others I have taken. He is very passionate about his island and others. I highly recommend using Cerry and would not hesitate to take his tour again.

I have to mention my MIL and FIL forgot their sun visors and he made a special trip the next day to make sure they were returned. Cerry was very patient and compassionate towards my husband and I which just received news of our dog passing while on his trip. Thank you Cerry for being a friend!

Bman123
10-05-2010, 09:49 AM
My wife and I visited Aruba for our honeymoon for a week in September 2010. We had a great time and did the ABC Jeep tour, Atlantis Submarine, Jolly Pirate ship and much more. However, with the jeep tours you can't possibly see everything you want in 1 day. There is just not enough time. This is where a private tour comes in. We met Cerry when we needed a taxi at our hotel. He was very personable and more importantly, very knowledgeable. After talking with Cerry during the ride and finding out that he did private tours of the island, I was sold. The next day I called him up and he gave us an extensive 3 hour tour of the island.

With Cerry I got to see all the parts of the island that I missed on other tours. At my request he took us to the caves where we got to explore as long as we wanted. I also wanted to go to the Alto Vista Chapel and he took us there, as well as the California Lighthouse. Getting a private tour is definitely the way to go when you want personal treatment that a big tour just can't give you. Cerry's tours can be as short or as long as you want and he'll take you anywhere and everywhere you want to go. As Cerry says: "Don't be sorry, hire Cerry". I'd recommend Cerry to anyone who wants to fully explore Aruba. I saved his number for the next time I visit! He gave me his website too. just type "pitaruba" in google and it comes up on top. thanks again Cerry,

-Brian

Andrea J.
10-06-2010, 07:17 AM
welcome to the forum Bman123

Cyrilo Croes
11-09-2010, 07:03 PM
My site ( see signature line ) has been upgraded and expanded. I appologise for the fact that it was down for sometime due to reconstruction and upgrading. I sincerelly hope that all of the new information is helpfull and usefull to our dear visitors.

Cerry

jeffnev
11-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Nice job on the website...and I love the music.

SuperBunches
11-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Great job, Cerry! I can't wait to get back to Aruba. Ted and I have been trying to plan a winter getaway, but it looks like we have to wait until August.

We will see you for sure then!

MrsDH
11-17-2010, 04:15 PM
My Dear Husband and I just took a 3 hour tour with Cerry and he was amazing !
We learned the History of Aruba, we went to the Natural Bridge, The Gardens with the Rock formations, California Lighthouse and the entire way Cerry took pictures, let us stop along the way for pictures, lessons on the island, and whatever we needed !

It also intermentintly was raining and Cerry was a trooper by jumping in and out of the rain with us for Picture taking ! I highly recommend him to anyone who wants a through tour of the island, and since you are the boss you can go anywhere you choose !

Cant wait to come back and use his services again !
Much love,

Mr. and Mrs. Hiltz !

Jax
11-24-2010, 01:07 AM
This was a fantastic journey with Cerry! My Mom, Dad, daughter and I all took a four hour tour. The day was rainy but the spirits were high. Cerry took us places that we wanted to see but also we had enough time for his suggestions as well. He is a wealth of knowledge and very proud of his homeland.

We went to the lighthouse and then on to the rock formations (bring that repellent). Ceryy pointed out this very nice lake that apparently should not be there but exists due to the abundance of rain the island has received. It was crazy! After the rock formations I requested he stop at a store for some repellent since we all came down from the rocks with a few more bites than we started with. You can't do that on most tours!! We went to the caves where Cerry led us through some very dark areas to get to the rooms of light (he actually led several tourists through--not just us).

This was one of the biggest highlights of our trip. He is such a kind and genuine person. A great experience for us and one to be shared with everyone else. We will be back again!

Andrea J.
11-24-2010, 07:56 AM
Glad it was fun and a good learning experience.
Mosquitos.........argh. :-(

MrsDH
11-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Jax- The mosquitos werent too bad, but they were there ! You should have seen me trying to buiy repellent in NYS before I left in Nov, people looked at me like I was nuts !

tmaddox1
12-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Just got back from our private 3-hour tour with Cerry. What a delight. We made the arrangements before we arrived in Aruba and he picked us up right on time in a comfortable air-conditioned SUV. He is a wealth of knowledge on everything Aruba. Took us to all of the attractions on the western half of the island. (You'll need longer to see the southern and eastern side) He took our picture at each of them, which was a nice treat for my wife and I, as this is our 25th anniversary trip and most of our pictures so far have been of one or the other of us. I highly recommend using Cerry for a nicely paced, tour of the island. He is a fantastic guide. Thanks for the recommendations I found on here, and thanks Cerry for a great tour. You can find him on www.pitaruba.com (http://www.pitaaruba.com).

arubaislove
12-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Thank you everyone! I am emailing Cerry right now. All of your experiences with him sound fantastic, just what we are looking for!

arubaislove
01-01-2011, 01:58 AM
Hi guys,
Sorry to bother you about this again..Because the holidays snuck up on us, and our Aruba trip seemed so far away we didn't think to book anything. So unfortunately Cerry is all booked for the week we are there. I emailed Bully, didn't hear back yet but my fingers are crossed! My question is, does anyone have any info on other private tour guides? I know Cerry & Bully are the go to guys, but I need a back up plan. We have been on all the other tours so we think a private tour is just what we need. Thank you in advance!

Andrea J.
01-01-2011, 08:23 AM
hopefully you will hear back from bully soon.
bullytaxi79@hotmail.com (bully's name is amador lacle so please check your spam in box to double check)

if bully is unavailable, possibly his nephew hubert will be available.

you may also want to contact FOFOTI tours to see if they have private island tours.

Andrea J.
01-01-2011, 08:28 AM
http://www.aruba.com/news/general-news/aruba-fofoti-tours-and-transfers-debuts-first-of-its-kind-luxury-buses/
their contact information is at the end of the article.
i met the owner and his daughter on christmas eve.
NICE people.
if you make contact with them, please mention the aruba.com community forum.

hopefully you will hear back from bully soon.
bullytaxi79@hotmail.com (bully's name is amador lacle so please check your spam in box to double check)

if bully is unavailable, possibly his nephew hubert will be available.

you may also want to contact FOFOTI tours to see if they have private island tours.

arubaislove
01-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Thank you Andrea. I actually heard back from Bully this morning and he is available to take us. So it's all booked! Thanks again for all your help!

Andrea J.
01-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Awesome

thank you andrea. I actually heard back from bully this morning and he is available to take us. So it's all booked! Thanks again for all your help!

kathrine
01-10-2011, 03:23 AM
We went on a tour with Cerry on the 4th of january 2011 and we had a really great time. We were a bit hesitant about taking a private tour, but we have no regrets. He picked us up at our hotel and took us to all the places we wanted to visit. He told us all we wanted to know about Aruba, and answered all our questions (even the stupid ones:-)). He gave us a memory for life.

We read about him on aruba.com and would therefore like to thank all you people who have posted on this forum, and that is also the reason for this post. If it had not been for this forum we would probably never had found him. So, thank you all so much.

Cerrys contact information can be found on pitaruba.com.

Thank you again Cerry for a wonderful time. You are a great guy.

Regards Erik and Kathrine

Doc264
01-12-2011, 08:56 PM
After reading so many great reviews on Cerry's private tours, I have booked for Jan. 25th. I cannot wait. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Basil
01-24-2011, 03:52 PM
My wife and I recently had the pleasure of taking a 3 hour tour with Cerry which enabled us to take in many of the key sights in a relatively short period of time. We learned a lot about Aruba from Cerry and would highly recommend taking a tour with him. No waiting for the "bus" to get loaded at every stop, nor wasting time in places you've spent enough time at, just tell Cerry it's time to move on and away you go to the next wonderful stop.
Basil

Cyrilo Croes
01-24-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm really sorry for the turn downs for this month for i'm practically all booked up with private tours for Jan which is a record. Thanks to all of you who have posted in my favor, i appreciate it.

Cerry

mimifor2
01-25-2011, 08:33 PM
We just returned from Aruba and had a wonderful 4 hour tour with Cerry. He was extremely knowledgeable and gave us a lot of information about the island. My BIL and SIL talked about the tour the whole week. I would highly recommend a tour with Cerry. Thank you very much to the members of this board for all the recommendations and to Cerry for a great tour!

ksw5487
02-05-2011, 12:39 PM
I just sent Cerry a request for a tour on March 2nd ..... I hope he isn't booked up for that day...... fingers crossed....
we didn't venture too far from the resort last year so this year thought it would be nice to go and see the sights...was thinking baby beach, natural bridge any other suggestions?

kim

SuperBunches
02-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Cerry,

I am sad that some people won't be able to take your tour, but I am thrilled to hear of your success. You deserve it!

Debbie and Ted

Cyrilo Croes
02-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Thank you for your patronage, i appreciate it. The greatest part of this succes is because of you ( i don't have privileges), the people who post reviews about my work and their experiences touring with me and not just merely friends trying to get me bussiness. Thanks to the All mighty and thanks to you all.

Cerry

Pegmeister
02-06-2011, 03:29 PM
I've been out of work for eleven days, cooped up in the house with bronchial-asthma so I decided I needed to look forward to a treat. I have an e-mail into Cerry hoping to book for a tour at the end of March. This will be our 3rd trip to the island and other than venturing downtown for some shopping and restaurant/bar hopping we really havent seen anything of the island. This is one trip I'm so looking forward to, getting really tired of all this snow!

Andrea J.
02-06-2011, 03:48 PM
feel better pegmeister.
we had been to aruba 30+ times before we took a ride thru the arikok.

there is so much more to aruba than resorts, beaches, restaurants and casinos.
(but i do love those places a lot)

Pegmeister
02-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks Andrea. Would you believe I had to google Arikok? I definitely need to get out and expand my horizons. I was thinking a tour that maybe included a stop at Charlies bar, crazy! Now at least I will get to see some of the island. The park definitely looks like something I would enjoy. That's why this forum is so valuable!!

ksw5487
02-06-2011, 07:42 PM
I emailed Cerry yesterday with my request and received an email this morning with a booked confirmation email. I am thrilled that we were able to book a tour with him.

I can hardly wait just under the 3 week mark!

Kim

Pegmeister
02-06-2011, 08:23 PM
That's great, Please be sure to post back and let us know how the tour was. Do you have an itinerary planned?

ksw5487
02-07-2011, 09:02 AM
That's great, Please be sure to post back and let us know how the tour was. Do you have an itinerary planned?
No itinerary planned, just a couple of places of interest Baby Beach, Natural Bridge so far is what I am thinking....

SuperBunches
02-07-2011, 01:12 PM
My husband and I attended a charity event this past weekend and met a Philadelphia pro athlete who is getting ready to go to Aruba! It was so much fun to chat about the island with him and his wife. I recommended that they take Cerry's tour. They were so happy to hear about it because they are trying to keep a low profile while on vacation (he is pretty famous...even outside of Philadelphia).

I got me wondering how many athletes and actors and other famous people ever visit Aruba. We saw Leonardo DiCaprio and Stephen Tyler in Hawaii several years ago. Does anyone have any fun sightings to share???

Arubalisa
02-07-2011, 01:28 PM
I got me wondering how many athletes and actors and other famous people ever visit Aruba. We saw Leonardo DiCaprio and Stephen Tyler in Hawaii several years ago. Does anyone have any fun sightings to share???

Celebrities on Aruba (http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/celebrities-aruba-36598/?highlight=celebrities)

Cyrilo Croes
02-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Some years ago i had the priviledge to tour around the island for 5 hrs Steven Stills ( Crosby,Stills and Nash). Actually it was my day off but since they insisted it was me that they wanted for this i decided to postpone my off day and went to get this tour and to my amazement it was no other than Steven Stills himself. I did'nt have my site then otherwise i would've taken a pic with him as i ussually do with my guests and place this on the gallery of my site.

Cerry

Pegmeister
02-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Happy to say that Cerry confirmed my booking for the end of March. So, if anyone has any suggestions for great places to stop, please feel free to post.

skilz77
02-14-2011, 05:13 PM
My boyfriend Jim and I had a great 4 hour tour with Cerry Feb 4th! He told us lots of interesting facts about Aruba and we enjoyed learning about Cerry as well. We were able to see Arashi Beach, the Lighthouse, Tierra del Sol homes, climb the rock formations, drive through the town of San Nicolas on the way to Baby Beach (so we could say we hit the northernmost and southernmost parts of the island), tour the National Park caves, view the Natural Bridge, with one last stop at the Alto Vista Chapel. Cerry was more than willing to take pictures of us at every spot! Thank you so much Cerry for a wonderful tour!

Andrea J.
02-14-2011, 06:30 PM
i am glad that you had a good time with the PITARUBA.com and glad that you are an established member of the aruba.com community forum.

lots of the PITARUBA.com reviews are from folks that sign up only to post their "cerry review" and then we never see them here again.

so unfortunate that they do not paricipate:( after their one and only post.

My boyfriend Jim and I had a great 4 hour tour with Cerry Feb 4th! He told us lots of interesting facts about Aruba and we enjoyed learning about Cerry as well. We were able to see Arashi Beach, the Lighthouse, Tierra del Sol homes, climb the rock formations, drive through the town of San Nicolas on the way to Baby Beach (so we could say we hit the northernmost and southernmost parts of the island), tour the National Park caves, view the Natural Bridge, with one last stop at the Alto Vista Chapel. Cerry was more than willing to take pictures of us at every spot! Thank you so much Cerry for a wonderful tour!

Pegmeister
02-19-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm starting to think about the tour we booked for the end of March. Since, we booked for 4 hours I'm assuming we'll have time to stop for a glass of wine somewhere to break things up. Figured we would stop somewhere we wouldn't ordinarily get to on our own. Maybe Charlies Bar, Bingo Cafe or B55? Anyone have any thoughts on these choices or other suggestions? I haven't really done enough research to decide what part of the island I would like to see, probably the park, or baby beach.

oldgables
02-20-2011, 07:30 AM
We were in Aruba at the beginning of February and had a most enjoyable 3 hour tour with Cerry.We headed North to the California Dunes and Lighthouse where the rocks are all of lava. We drove around the magnificent Tierra del Sol Country Club with superb homes set around a golf club, We continued past the high rise hotels at Palm Beach and beside Eagle Beach, which was much more natural – in total a seven mile stretch of soft sand. We drove back through the capital, Oranjestad, and on to the natural bridges on the wild North Coast. We continued on past the huge rock formations at Ayo to Casibari Rocks. This was quite an adventure as we climbed the steep narrow steps and over rocks to get to the top where the 360o view was magnificent. These rocks are believed to be the result of eruptions which broke Aruba from the South American land mass. Cerry arranges the tour to suit your requirements, he was a fund of knowledge about the island and we would recommend him to everyone.
Janet and Dave

Arubalisa
02-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Janet and Dave welcome to the forum. :) We look forward to your participation.

It is great to hear that you had a wonderful tour.

RadHal
02-27-2011, 08:37 PM
We just returned from a wonderful week in Aruba, our family's first visit. Based on this boards recommendation we did a three hour tour with Cerry and were not disappointed. He was punctual, engaging and introduced my wife and I and our two boys (11 and 13) to his wonderful island. Thanks Cerry

Andrea J.
02-27-2011, 08:47 PM
glad you posted........don't be a stranger.
as you were driving on the tour were you allowed to ask pertinent questions? or did you have to save them for after the tour?

please be active in the other areas of the forum and please post your trip report when you have the time in the MY ARUBA STORY SECTION.

Cyrilo Croes
02-28-2011, 08:43 PM
My appologese again to all those people whom i have'nt been able to accomodate for i was practically all booked up for the month of February and all this because of you wonderfull people who post reviews of my work on this site, thank you so much. To those of you who are currently posting on my behalve pls feel free to explore this site and if possible pls share with us your experiences while vacationing here in Aruba, e.g. one can post a trip report on the section that bears this title.

aurigemmac
03-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Last week my wife and I had the pleasure of taking a private tour with Serry. Having visited Aruba many times before, we were looking for a more intimate, less touristy understanding of the island, its people, places and history. Serry was flexible with our proposed arrangements, realistic about what we could do and see given our timeframe, and knowledgeable about all things Aruba.

In our three hours with Serry, we traveled directly to the harder-to-reach places that we were interested in seeing (again). We skipped the "filler" information and destinations that the larger tour companies subject you to and were able to converse about more tangential issues like the history of Asian-owned supermarkets and Aruban dating customs. Serry's presentation was not only informative and entertaining, but reflective of his worldly education and full of the passion that only a local could provide.

Whether this is your first trip or you're a frequent visitor who thinks they know all there is to know about Aruba, I HIGHLY recommend spending a few hours with Serry. As he says himself, "Go with Serry. You wont be Sorry!"

Andrea J.
03-02-2011, 02:08 PM
welcome to the aruba.com community forum!
hope this won't be your only post.

glad you enjoyed your tour

ksw5487
03-09-2011, 04:38 PM
We just returned from our 2nd trip to Aruba and it was amazing. We were looking to go on a tour this time around, but didn’t want a generic tour, so based on recommendations from this forum, we booked Cerry for a 3hr tour.
We were very impressed by his punctuality, and his vast knowledge of the history of this paradise. He took us to Natural bridge, rock formations of Ayo, and the lighthouse on the north side.
He was very kind to take pictures of my mother, my two daughters and myself.
I would highly recommend Cerry!

atlandyamanda
03-27-2011, 09:36 PM
How much does Serry charge per hour, or, for a tour of 3 hours? I went through several posts and didn't see this info.
Thanks!

Arubalisa
03-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Private taxi tours, by law, are $45 per hour and carry a maximum of 5 people.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/private%20tours.html

atlandyamanda
03-27-2011, 09:45 PM
ArubaLisa - we meet again on a different page - I LOVE it! Thank you very much!!

Pegmeister
04-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Just got home yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed our vacation. One highlight was our tour with Cerry. He is very personable and chats easily so we were comfortable right off the bat. Our tour was 4 hours so we were able to see quite a bit of the island. Cerry is very knowledgeable of the history of the island, as well, as the most scenic spots. I found the natural bridge area to be the most beautiful and the pet cemetary near Baby beach the most interesting. I would definitely recommend this tour, and I was especially happy that Cerry was very good about stopping whenever I saw something I wanted to photo.

Cyrilo Croes
04-13-2011, 09:44 PM
I would like to appologise for not being able to accomodate some people who have learned about me on this site for i was completelly booked up for March and for this month of April so far about 75 %. Again my appologese.

Cerry

Andrea J.
04-13-2011, 09:52 PM
although not good news for those you had to decline......but certainly good news for you and your business.

i have been told that the taxi drivers and a few of you guys who also do island tours are very busy. very busy in a crummy economy is good!!

I would like to appologise for not being able to accomodate some people who have learned about me on this site for i was completelly booked up for March and for this month of April so far about 75 %. Again my appologese.

Cerry

Cyrilo Croes
04-22-2011, 07:51 AM
Thanks to you all wonderfull people for the nice postings.

I would also like to ask my future clients to pls let me know a pick up place and time in order for me to book you. just asking me to reserve a certain date and then with the intention of calling me when coming over does'nt work for me. Sometimes i have to turn down people for the date they have requested is reserved for people who ask me to do this and sometimes and i don't get called as agreed and i end up turning down people that could have easily be accomodated. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Cerry

wildernessgirls
05-03-2011, 06:35 PM
We just took a private island tour with Cerry today. It was great! He has so many interesting facts about the island that we would have never known. He took us to the places that we wanted to see, so it was very personalized service. He was very nice, and made us feel very welcome in Aruba. One thing to note also, is that he is a very safe driver, so this also made us feel very comfortable. This was a great tour, and I would reccommend it to anyone! Thanks Cerry!

Susan and Carolyn

Twins3
05-18-2011, 08:38 AM
This was our first trip to Aruba so we wanted to get a bit of history of the Island and see all the important places on the Island. We didn't want a big tour so choose Cerry. He was awesome. I would highly recommend Cerry. He was very knowlagable and very personable. Very responsive to email. Cell is 560-6079

al_s
05-26-2011, 08:04 PM
it was our first visit to Aruba and I must say the right thing to do is take a tour of the island to get a feel of what you may want to go back to. We needed an enthusiastic tour give that knew what he was talking about and would take his time so we can enjoy our trip and not rush. Taking advice from previous posts, my wife and I went with Cerry. We were not disappointed. He picked us up from the Westin promply, gave us a wealth of history regarding the Island, people and food. We saw many things on our four hour tour. I was breathtaking. So, if you are considering a tour before you wander on your own you can't go wrong with hiring Cerry.

oo1549
06-14-2011, 03:19 PM
I decided to take a private tour of Aruba instead of a group tour. It was well worth the cost! I was able to see all I wanted and them some. I was able to stop where I wanted and for as long as I wanted. Cerry was very knowledgeable about all aspects of the island and its people. He was very accommodating to al my requests. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A PRIVATE TOUR OF ARUBA WITH CERRY!

Andrea J.
06-14-2011, 03:41 PM
thank you for posting. btw, did cerry recommend this aruba review site for you to post AND please could you tell us his hourly rate?
I decided to take a private tour of Aruba instead of a group tour. It was well worth the cost! I was able to see all I wanted and them some. I was able to stop where I wanted and for as long as I wanted. Cerry was very knowledgeable about all aspects of the island and its people. He was very accommodating to al my requests. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A PRIVATE TOUR OF ARUBA WITH CERRY!

Arubalisa
06-14-2011, 05:23 PM
I decided to take a private tour of Aruba instead of a group tour. It was well worth the cost! I was able to see all I wanted and them some. I was able to stop where I wanted and for as long as I wanted. Cerry was very knowledgeable about all aspects of the island and its people. He was very accommodating to al my requests. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A PRIVATE TOUR OF ARUBA WITH CERRY!I would love to hear about the rest of your trip! :)

Welcome to the forum, we look forward to new participants. :)

Vacationerz
06-14-2011, 09:02 PM
:) I too had a good experience with Cerry. Me and my girlfriend were on our first trip to Aruba and wanted to tour the island and take in many sites as possible and learn as much information about the island and culture as we could. We read reviews for Cerry from others and they seemed to be very pleased with his service so we decided to give him a call to check his availability. He was available during our stay and gave us an excellent custom tour which ended up being a highlight of our vacation. The first conversation on the phone was great because he listened intently to our requests and planned a custom trip for us. Cerry plans custom trips around the places you want to see and not the ones you want to skip. This proved to be excellent for us because it allowed us to pack in all the attractions we wanted to see in the most efficient way. We felt comfortable with Cerry from our first conversation on the phone till he dropped us off back at our hotel. It felt like we were on a tour with a friend. He picked us up at our hotel promptly on time and ready to go.
Our first stop was the California Lighthouse which was great as Cerry gave us the history of the island and the Lighthous as well. It is a very scenic place with many places to take photos with the clear blue coastal water in the background. Another highlight of our tour was the very scenic Arikok National Park. The caves in the park are a must see. It was very interesting as we entered into the caves and viewed its natural beauty with many inscriptions dating back years ago. I felt downright adventurous walking through the cave and getting a feel for its mystery; very cool! Through all parts of our tour Cerry pointed out places of interest, facts and answered all of our questions. He stopped at points of interest that were not planned and took many photos of us so that we could be in some of the photos. He is very knowledgeable about Aruba and handled the tour in a very friendly way to make you feel comfortable so you can relax to enjoy all the sights. Like his slogan says "Don't be sorry, hire Cerry". I highly recommend Cerry. He'll take you on a great custom tour that will be well worth it.

gatorhunter
06-15-2011, 10:52 AM
We have narrowed down our tour choices to Cerry or Bully.
Both of these men get good recommendations.

Waiting to hear back pricing information and availability from both.

Is there a set rate from the government? What would be an appropriate tip, is 25% appropriate?

Do both allow questions and answers as the tour goes along or is it a lecture with no questions asked until later?

So these are the questions for you kind people that have already taken the tours.

Enjoy reading all of the posts here about Bully and Cerry.

Thanks in Advance

'gator

brendielee
06-15-2011, 01:19 PM
I have booked my tour with Cerry....for October! And, out of the 6 days that I told him we were available, he had one day available! So, I'm glad I booked early! He is going to pick us up at the hotel at 9 in the morning. His charge is $45 per hour and we can have up to 4 in our group. October can't get here soon enough!

Love Aruba
06-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Gatorhunter I have taken tours with both Cerry and Bully. I took a tour with Cerry last year and it was $40.00 an hour. This year with Bully it was $45.00 and that is because the rate is set by the government, not sure why it was 40 last year, but maybe the rates went up. BUT I must say and this is ONLY MY opinion, our tour was better with Bully. I am not saying I didn't like the tour with Cerry, we just felt more comfortable with Bully. We started asking Cerry questions when we started the tour and he asked us to hold all our questions until he was finished with his "talk" so at that point we were not comfortable in asking any questions or even talking. Kinda felt like we were in school.:eek: From the time we were in Bully's van until we got out back at the Occidental, we felt like we were with family. He always wanted to make sure we were happy with what we were doing----wanted to know if we wanted pictures, (he took the pictures) wanted to make sure we stayed at places long enough. He made our tour everything WE wanted it to be. We just learned so much, and when we go back, we will do another tour with Bully, because 2 hours is just not enough to see all this beautiful island.
Again, I am only giving you my opinion and the fact that we are doing it again with Bully should tell you how happy we are with Bully!

Hope this helps some.
Pat

We have narrowed down our tour choices to Cerry or Bully.
Both of these men get good recommendations.

Waiting to hear back pricing information and availability from both.

Is there a set rate from the government? What would be an appropriate tip, is 25% appropriate?

Do both allow questions and answers as the tour goes along or is it a lecture with no questions asked until later?

So these are the questions for you kind people that have already taken the tours.

Enjoy reading all of the posts here about Bully and Cerry.

Thanks in Advance

'gator

gatorhunter
06-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have spent some time doing some more reading today and have read good things of the 2 private tour people. Decisions Decisions !
Glad to hear either of my choices will be good.

Now off to the restaurant listings and to what's new and what's good.

leakyfausett
06-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Hello,
We just got back from our tour with cerry. He did an awesome job. Cerry was very informative he helped us learn and understand so much about the Island of Aruba. We asked for a 10:00 am pickup and he arrived just as we walked out the doors. His SUV is very comfortable and he will take you anywhere you want for as long or short as you want. We wanted to see as much as possible and he made that happen. He was very good to take pictures of our family for us when ever we made stops. He aloowed us as much time as we wanted at each stop. Cerry also answered every question we asked and was interested in what we did back home also. I would highly recommend Cerry for your private tour needs. We are planning on going to baby beach next week for the day and Cerry is going to take us over.

jamah
06-20-2011, 02:08 PM
My husband and I just returned from Aruba 6/18/11 after spending 5 wonderful days. We booked our tour with Cerry based on the comments we read on Aruba.com. Our tour with Cerry was the best ever. We called him out of the blue on Friday morning at 12:30pm to see if he could fit us into his schedule since this was our last day in ARUBA. Luckily he had a 1:15pm spot available which was right on time we booked a 3 hour tour $45 hr (the time went by so fast but it was worth every cent). He was right outside our hotel a little before 1:15. He greeted us and off we went. He asked what did we want to know and see around the island. Since we had no clue what to even ask he started us off with a history of ARUBA which was very informative and the tour just continued on from that point. The truck was nice and cool as it was over 95 degrees. We saw 4 other jeeps full of people sightseeing with no air, thank god we booked Cerry. We saw everything from the lighthouse to the natural brigde and the beaches and several other spots that I don't remember the name of. The highlight of the tour was the two CAVES we visited. We had the opportunity to go inside the caves and we received lots of information about both caves, it was kind of creepy but the experience was priceless. We took lots of pictures and just had an overall excellent experience. If you want to tour ARUBA and have a good experience book Cerry he was AMAZING! He also took us to the airport Saturday 6/18 and thank god he came to get us earlier than we originally told him because if not we would have missed our flight. If you decide to book Cerry while in ARUBA and you like his services write a review so when others visit ARUBA they can have the same wonderful experience as you did. Cerry we will see you again friend! Thanks James and Halimah :D

Cyrilo Croes
06-27-2011, 07:16 PM
In the 20 yrs that I’ve been doing private island tours I’ve never ever had a single complaint. This is the first time ever. I have mixed feelings however for a only 1 not so positive review in 20 yrs makes me feel good but on the other hand any client who is not happy even though if it refers only to the beginning of the tour and not the rest of this doesn’t make me happy at all and any client even though it is only one in 20 yrs who is not satisfied at a 100% of my work is one dissatisfied client too many. All comments of my work are welcome for this is the only way one can improve if necessary. I’m pleased to read in your post that you didn’t dislike the tour even though you felt uncomfortable at the beginning of this when I asked as usual as I have been doing for the last 20 yrs for some space and time so I can narrate the history of Aruba which takes about 10 min. I need the time and space for this for it takes time to explain it properly, if I have to answer all kinds of questions that’s not related to the subject I’m talking about at the time then it would be very difficult and I won’t be able to narrate this properly, I will lose concentration and will not be able to finish this narration before I reach the first stop of the tour. So this is the reason I ask for the time and space ONLY in the beginning so I can do this properly. All questions are welcome and I expect all kinds of questions ,that’s why it’s a private tour , imagine if you would have taken one of those conventional tours in which you can’t make any questions at all for the driver can not deal with so many people, that’s a standard tour ,all you can do is sit and listen. I also explain to my clients in the beginning that all their possible questions will be dealt with and answered for I know exactly what my clients are going to ask during the tour for I’ve been doing this for the last 20 yrs now .Practically all of these questions I do cover even before they’re being asked and I know exactly what they are going to ask me at the different sites, that’s experience of course. . Questions like: How big is the island, how many inhabitants, what’s the main industry, unemployment rate, weather , crime related questions ,our infrastructure, political system, our relationship with the Dutch, with Venezuela, etc, etc, etc. If I have to deal with all of these questions in the beginning while narrating the history of Aruba then I won’t be able to do this properly for I get interrupted all the time so this is the reason I ask politely for your cooperation in the beginning while narrating the history of Aruba. It is in the interest of my clients self that I do this this way. When I used to work in timeshare sales I was trained and taught that a sales person in order to give a good presentation needs to have a certain degree of control, not of course to the degree that it becomes uncomfortable or annoying to the customer but you need just a little bit of control (sales people know this) if not you won’t be able to give a good and comprehensible presentation. I apply these same principles also while doing my work, in this case touring my clients, the professional way. Anyway if you’re not at a 100% satisfied of my work then I would have to assume that it is my fault, maybe It wasn’t my best day or I failed to explain matters properly and I would like to apologize for this. Pls let me know when you’re back here on our beloved island and I will be happy to repeat the tour and I will make sure that I do explain this better this time around and there will be no charge for this one, which is also the professional way.
Cerry

Jen C
07-10-2011, 09:03 PM
We just got back from a week long stay in ARUBA July 3-9! We landed on Sunday and did a 3 hour Island tour with Serry on Monday! We found him through this forum and I emailed him to set it up, and he replied back that night...simple! Serry arrived at our hotel to pick us up right on time. We told him the places we wanted to go and we were off. Serry kept his car cool for us the whole time, making sure we didn't get too hot. We explored the Arikok caves and my husband wanted to walk deep into the caves with the tour guide, and Serry waited for us and allowed us to take our time. We took a while at all our stops, and my last destination was the Donkey Sanctuary, which closed at 4....despite it being after 4pm Serry still drove by to see if it was still open, and by chance it was and we had the place to ourselves. Serry was very informative and wanted to ensure that everything on our agenda was checked off, and it was and then some. We even went an hour over our time slot, but since Serry was determined to take us to all the places we wanted to see, he did not charge us for going over our time (even though it was our fault by taking a while in the caves). Serry also took many many pictures for us. He was just fabulous! If you want a relaxed island tour, without rushing, Serry is the man! www.pitaruba.com
When we return next year we hope to take our kids on a tour with him!

markmac1959
07-13-2011, 03:05 PM
We were in Aruba last week and had a wonderful 4 hour tour with Cerry. He is a very personable person and knows everything about the island.
We actually enjoyed his style of getting the history of the island out of the way at the beginning of the tour. His 10-15 minute narrative was extremely interesting and enjoyable without the interruption of questions. When he finished almost all of the questions we had in our head were already answered. All our unanswered questioned were answered at the end.
This left us more time to discuss the island, current events etc.
Cerry has a route in mind and hit all the highlights of the island. Plus he stopped wherever we liked and let us stay at each stop as long as we liked. He took pictures for us and we felt very safe and at ease with him.
We would definitely recommend him and will use him on our next visit.

Andrea J.
07-13-2011, 03:14 PM
welcome to the forum markmac

glad you enjoyed your tour.

janelleolsen
07-22-2011, 04:18 PM
My boyfriend and I just returned from a tour with Cerry. We need to head over to the bar now for happy hour, but wanted to quickly mention that we had a wonderful time with him. Thanks to everyone on this forum for recommending Cerry.

Andrea J.
07-22-2011, 04:58 PM
:-)
2 good things in your day.......a private island tour and happy hour. 'nuf said!

My boyfriend and I just returned from a tour with Cerry. We need to head over to the bar now for happy hour, but wanted to quickly mention that we had a wonderful time with him. Thanks to everyone on this forum for recommending Cerry.

dq1974
08-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Just returned from our first trip of Aruba and it was fantastic!! One of the best parts was the private island tour with Cerry. I'm so glad that I stumbled upon this site and got the recommendation to go with him. Right from the beginning he made us feel very comfortable and his history of Aruba at the beginning of the tour was very informative. We ended up doing a 3 hour tour and my wife and I decided to leave it up to him to take us around to the hot spots. The Natural Bridge was awesome!!! Got some great pics!! Cerry always left his SUV running so it was always cool and he opened the car door for my wife every time she got in and out, which I thought was a nice gesture.
When we go back to Aruba (hopefully next year) we will definately be calling Cerry to tour the rest of the island. I highly recommend him if you want a pleasant private tour of the island. Thanks Again Cerry!!

ravipatel68
09-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Cerry Rocks !!!
We stayed in Aruba for about a week in July and we were constantly debating whether we should rent a car, cave into De Palma tours or travel by taxi everywhere. Then through a friend we found Cerry. His offer seemed very simple...I charge your hourly and you tell me where you want to go. This worked out perfectly as we were able to see all the highlights of the island at our own pace and did not waste time at locations we did not care for. Not to mention Cerry grew up on the island and provided some very informative facts of the island throughout the tour. We were soo impressed with him after day 1, that we booked him again for another day to visit other location of the island. Cerry is very fair and and accommodating throughout the journey. This is the best way to travel around the island if you are looking for something private and economical. This is our first experience taking a private tour and after this experience this will be only we travel when abroad.

-Ravi

hummel
10-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Our party of four , two of which had never been to Aruba enjoyed an interesting and informative three hour tour. Cerry knows the Island and is very proud of it. His tour ia not to be missed.....forget the crowded bus tours. His tour is the way to go. wlwmoose

brendielee
10-14-2011, 08:23 AM
We just returned home from our first trip to Aruba. One of the highlights of our trip was the tour that we booked with Cerry (pronouced Serry). He picked us up at the hotel just as he promised. As we were sitting outside waiting for him (I wanted to make sure he didn't have to wait for us) we noticed alot of different drivers arrive to pick up others for different things and started to get nervous about getting in a car with someone we really don't know (well I was, DH was cool as a cucumber). No need to worry, Cerry arrived, he had told me what kind of car and the license plate number, we knew we would be in good hands. He was very pleasant in introducing himself and he opened the door for me EVERYTIME we stopped and getting back in the car! A true gentleman. We started the tour with Cerry asking us what we wanted to see. We told him what we really didn't care to see and left the rest up to him. He asked us what our schedule was, how long did we want to stay out. We had originally planned for 2 hours and asked him if he had any time restraints. He told us that he was ours, if we wanted to stay out for 2 hours or 6 hours it was fine with him. I asked if we had to decide right then or if we could just keep going until we were ready to call it a day. He was very accommodating, we just kept going until we were ready to head back to the hotel. He started his tour with a history of Aruba, which is very interesting, I did interupt him from time to time to ask what something was or to have him elaborate more, he had no problem with that. We were able to stop and take pictures whenever we wanted to, and Cerry was great about taking pictures of us whenever we wanted. We didn't really want to go to all the 'tourist spots' but wanted to see the places where the real people of Aruba go. Cerry made sure that we saw places that were important to Aruba such as the Caves, the natural bridge, etc. and we saw the end of the island where the locals live and shop! Cerry even pointed out the house where he lives! We spent quite a bit of time at the caves which was wonderful. When I told Cerry that I was worn out, after about 3 1/2 hours, he asked if we wanted to see a few more spots, but I was just so tired I said no, just take me back to the hotel, he was fine with that and took us back. Oh, I almost forgot to mention, we heard others talking about the tours they went on, some who rented a vehicle got lost and couldn't find what they were looking for, and the ones on a group tour were always waiting or being hurried along. We didn't have any worries!! We asked him if he could pick us up on our departure day and take us to the airport, he said he would check his schedule and get back to us. We told him what time our flight was. He got back to us immediately to say that he was available to pick us up and suggested the time for our departure. He made sure that we would have plenty of time to do the whole check in. We said good bye with a handshake from DH and a hug from me.So, in conclusion I would rate the tour a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10. What started out as a private tour with a complete stranger, ended up as a trip with a new friend for life. When we go back to Aruba, Cerry will be there to take us to and from the airport and to continue our tour. Cerry, keep up the good work and see you next year!
Your new friends, Brenda and Lance.

Andrea J.
10-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Thanks. A terrific review, C/Serry could not
have written better himself ;-)

brendielee
10-14-2011, 01:33 PM
We really enjoyed our tour with him. We found him through this forum!

Kent-ArubaBob
10-15-2011, 07:53 PM
This forum makes everyone alot of friends for life!!

trubull
11-09-2011, 12:09 PM
My wife and I made our first trip to Aruba at the end of October. Wanting to see Aruba and his many sights, we researched various tours & modes. We selected Private Island Tours Aruba based upon the glowing reviews. Although you may never know how much faith to put in some reviews, we were not disappointed at all. Indeed, Cerry surpassed our expectations. His communication with us was prompt and was among the easiest things we did while in Aruba. He was early, had a clean vehicle for our tour and gave us a very personalized tour of the island. We talked the entire time and were impressed with his wealth of knowledge of the history of Aruba. What is most interesting, however, is the value of his service. We strongly recommend that you contact Cerry for your own personalized tour.

Andrea J.
11-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Welcome to the forum.
Cerry has sent us many members ...........unfortunately
they post a review of Cerry and never post again. like a drive by.
makes me think............. :confused: :-(
Please give us your Aruba story when you get a chance.

DaronCO
12-14-2011, 10:54 AM
We found Cerry on TripAdvisor and we also read his reviews here and we were not disappointed! We booked our tour with him via email and he was quick to respond. He was on time picking us up at our hotel and his vehicle was very clean.

The tour was AMAZING! He left it up to us on how much time we wanted to spend and he fit in as many sights as he could in that time. We very much appreciated him taking pictures of us as most of our vacation pictures include just one of us at a time.

Cerry is an asset to Aruba. He was friendly and informative and was a great example of the Aruban people. We loved our trip and intend to visit again. My wife now refers to Cerry as our Aruban Uncle and we will see him again on our next trip!

I do not understand why the moderators have such negative things to say about him on this forum. I think it makes you look jealous and petty. I would reccomend Cerry to anyone visiting Aruba.

CandyC55
12-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Does anyone know of a tour or jeep trip to the natural pool??

Arubalisa
12-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know of a tour or jeep trip to the natural pool??Candy, I replied to your question here

Official Aruba Community Forum (http://www.aruba.com/forum/) » Aruba Community (http://www.aruba.com/forum/f6/) » Activities & Sports (http://www.aruba.com/forum/f10/)» Natural Pool Tours (http://www.aruba.com/forum/f10/natural-pool-tours-53512/#post215861)

Randi
12-15-2011, 08:21 PM
I do not understand why the moderators have such negative things to say about him on this forum. I think it makes you look jealous and petty. I would reccomend Cerry to anyone visiting Aruba.

Wow, to think I started this thread in 2009 and it is still going strong!!:D

I just re read most of this thread and I would like to say that I did not find anything negative said by the moderators. Aruba is blessed with a number of very good people who give fantastic tours. Cerry is one of them as is our other forum member Bully (known here as Taxidriver) and there are others too. Some of the comments that lean towards one particular person is more of a personal opinion but I didn't read anything overtly negative.

I think this bulletin board is amazing and full of such valuable information. The only issue or may be its a concern is that almost all of the posters on this thread never contribute to anything else but their tour. While it is important to hear about a fantastic tour as many people want this information, what about your restaurants reviews, hotel/time share experiences, etc? It gives more credibility to your comments, imo. Hope I am not offending anyone but that is what struck me when taking a longer look at this thread that has stretched out over the past 2 years.

sleehan
02-19-2012, 06:36 PM
We just returned from a cruise that stopped in Aruba. We had messed up our tour arrangements and Cerry helped us work out a solution so we could still tour with him. It was certainly worth the effort! Cerry arrived to pick us up at EXACTLY the time he said he would be there. He is full of information about Aruba and his pride in his country is evident. We saw all of the sites we were interested in and he was very accommodating for all of my.."Wait, I want to take a picture!" stops!

longview
03-05-2012, 04:26 PM
we just came back from a terrific week on the beautiful island of Aruba,and after checking into different tour options on trip advisor we chose Cerry to show us the island, we decided to take a 4 hour tour and it was the best choice we could have made being that my 83 year old mum was with us we needed something a little less rushed than a bus tour ( we really aren't bus tour people to begin with) Cerry was very knowledgeable about the history and all points of interest as well as filling in what could have been awkward gaps with pleasant conversation.

We highly recommend Cerry to anyone looking for a tour guide.

MR AND MRS LONG
ONTARIO CANADA

Andrea J.
03-05-2012, 05:39 PM
welcome to the aruba.com community forum and glad that you had a fine tour with cerry

looking forward to you posting your "aruba story" :confused:

we just came back from a terrific week on the beautiful island of Aruba,and after checking into different tour options on trip advisor we chose Cerry to show us the island, we decided to take a 4 hour tour and it was the best choice we could have made being that my 83 year old mum was with us we needed something a little less rushed than a bus tour ( we really aren't bus tour people to begin with) Cerry was very knowledgeable about the history and all points of interest as well as filling in what could have been awkward gaps with pleasant conversation.

We highly recommend Cerry to anyone looking for a tour guide.

MR AND MRS LONG
ONTARIO CANADA

ubouu
03-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Wow, to think I started this thread in 2009 and it is still going strong!!:D

I just re read most of this thread and I would like to say that I did not find anything negative said by the moderators. Aruba is blessed with a number of very good people who give fantastic tours. Cerry is one of them as is our other forum member Bully (known here as Taxidriver) and there are others too. Some of the comments that lean towards one particular person is more of a personal opinion but I didn't read anything overtly negative.

I think this bulletin board is amazing and full of such valuable information. The only issue or may be its a concern is that almost all of the posters on this thread never contribute to anything else but their tour. While it is important to hear about a fantastic tour as many people want this information, what about your restaurants reviews, hotel/time share experiences, etc? It gives more credibility to your comments, imo. Hope I am not offending anyone but that is what struck me when taking a longer look at this thread that has stretched out over the past 2 years.

Yes and a good thread at that .

essjay
03-29-2012, 07:15 AM
We hired Cerry to give us (party of 2) a private tour of Aruba while in port on a cruise. He picked us up in his SUV (very clean) at precisely the time he promised. We did not have anything in mind, other than we asked Cerry to show us potential properties for sale. He took us to the California Lighthouse first, then to a housing development on the north end of the island. We then visited various sights on the island, ending up at Natural Bridge. We had lunch, then he took us downtown and dropped us off so we could do some shopping before boarding the cruise ship. Cerry is very knowledgeable of the history and culture of Aruba, and is very personable. I would highly recommend his services to you.:)

Arubalisa
03-29-2012, 10:09 AM
I think this bulletin board is amazing and full of such valuable information.

The only issue or may be its a concern is that almost all of the posters on this thread never contribute to anything else but their tour.

While it is important to hear about a fantastic tour as many people want this information, what about your restaurants reviews, hotel/time share experiences, etc? It gives more credibility to your comments, imo. Hope I am not offending anyone but that is what struck me when taking a longer look at this thread that has stretched out over the past 2 years.essjay :confused: :confused:

Andrea J.
04-03-2012, 06:16 PM
test eom

drutsch
06-29-2012, 01:42 PM
I arranged a 3 hour tour with Cerry for my sister and I. It was her first time on the island. Although I've been to Aruba many times, I had not taken a tour. I was not sorry I went with Cerry. After one hour, we knew we would want more so I extended to 4.5 hours. I booked it through email and Cerry was a few minutes early with his clean car. I would highly recommend Cerry to others.:)

Andrea J.
06-29-2012, 04:06 PM
welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
i hope that you participate and contribute to other categories as well.

it seems to many of us, maybe by coincidence or not, that most of Cerry tour posters, only post 1 thing .......a glowing cerry review, and are never to be heard from again.

please, tell us too of your restaurant, beach, excursions.

again, welcome.

I arranged a 3 hour tour with Cerry for my sister and I. It was her first time on the island. Although I've been to Aruba many times, I had not taken a tour. I was not sorry I went with Cerry. After one hour, we knew we would want more so I extended to 4.5 hours. I booked it through email and Cerry was a few minutes early with his clean car. I would highly recommend Cerry to others.:)

drutsch
06-30-2012, 11:55 AM
I hate to think something is being implied by saying "it seems to many of us, maybe by coincidence or not, that most of Cerry tour posters, only post 1 thing .......a glowing cerry review, and are never to be heard from again." The reason I posted is that although I've been to Aruba many times because my husband and I love it there, my search for a private tour company was difficult and I want others to know of my experience. I will be back in Sept and will post other good things after that visit.

Andrea J.
06-30-2012, 02:45 PM
:) yes indeed, just as many folks hate to think that vendors request their customers to write rave reviews. but that certainly does not apply here in this case.

it is too bad that you are unable to write some posts/reviews/advice now, as there are so many newbies here that would benefit from your experiences.

looking forward to reading your reviews in september.

:D
I hate to think something is being implied by saying "it seems to many of us, maybe by coincidence or not, that most of Cerry tour posters, only post 1 thing .......a glowing cerry review, and are never to be heard from again." The reason I posted is that although I've been to Aruba many times because my husband and I love it there, my search for a private tour company was difficult and I want others to know of my experience. I will be back in Sept and will post other good things after that visit.

Andrea J.
07-06-2012, 03:39 PM
test eom

Pegmeister
07-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Andrea, Cerry does indeed ask his customers to post. DH and I took a 4 hour tour with him a few trips back and really did enjoy it. Overall we were happy with the tour. Our only disappointment was that we scheduled 4 hours so that we could stop for an hour at Charlie's to have a glass of wine. Since we do not rent a car I figured this would be our opportunity. Well it was only 10:30 when we drove by and I figured he was going to loop back but he didn't. When I saw another interesting spot later on I mentioned it might be a nice spot to stop but he didn't. Guess it was my fault as well, as I may have been too vague. At the end of the tour he did make the point of asking me to post and since we enjoyed the tour I did.