PDA

View Full Version : My Aruba Wedding - Divi 2008, Pictures!

Emily G
04-29-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi Guy's

I thought I would say hi!

I got married in Aruba in September 2008 - I had my wedding at the Civil Hall and the Divi and I had my reception at the Amsterdam Manor, it was amazing and congratulations to everyone that is going to Aruba to get married - you are going to love it!

We had help from the lovely ladies at Aruba Weddings for You and I organised my reception all on my own remotely from the UK so if anyone needs any help with wedding info - i am happy to help, I am missing the planning too much!!

I've put my wedding pictures in my signature if anyone wants to have a look xx

Em xx

cindyo
04-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Ah, I see you used Rev. Gibson...great guy, nice pics, congrats!

Arubalisa
04-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Finally had a chance to take a peek. :o

AWESOME setup :)
AWESOME photos :)
AWESOME gown :)
BEAUTIFUL bride :)
HANDSOME couple :D

Emily G
04-30-2009, 07:29 AM
Thanks so much guys, rev Gibson was brilliant so funny and put everyone at ease!

~Amy~®
05-01-2009, 03:37 PM
I was staying at Amsterdam Manor last Sept. when Em got married. Here's a photo of their set-up for the reception dinner at Amsterdam Manor.

And then when I was headed out for dinner that night we spotted the happy couple at the front desk.

Hi Em! :)

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/trip-reports/2008/amy_mike/photos/13.jpg

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/trip-reports/2008/amy_mike/photos/14.jpg

Arubalisa
05-01-2009, 03:42 PM
The world gets smaller and smaller each day.

DANNYO
05-02-2009, 09:34 AM
:)Best wishes on a long happy life together:)

zaphire
05-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Amazing photos!
Who was your photographer?

Emily G
06-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks guys, It was so lovely to meet Amy at our wedding after all the great tips and advice she gave me to make our reception at the AM perfect - it was amazing! We also stayed in the Honeymoon Suite at the AM to give us a break from our rabble of friends that we bought with us!! They suite is really beautiful and I loved the AM!

We had Elnathan do our photos through Aruba Weddings for you, he was excellent and I asked him specifically to make sure alot of the photos didn't look posed and were natural and he captured it all perfectly!

Jarubian
06-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Great photos Emily, and congratulation, now you will be a repeat on the island.

Emily G
06-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Great photos Emily, and congratulation, now you will be a repeat on the island.

Thanks!!

We are hooked! 3rd visit booked for September 2010!

Greenfrogs21
06-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Hey...did you have to bring your own hair and makeup stuff to aruba for them to use?

When you got your hair done, did you already have an idea of what u wanted? had you practiced beforehand?

kristin

Arrruba!
06-09-2009, 04:51 PM
:feedback:
Emily G - did you have the stone throwing ceremony or the sand mixing ceremony they offer at Aruba Weddings for You? If so, what on earth are they? And apart from the Civil Hall ceremony, what does the first choice package provide?

elizmed
06-09-2009, 10:27 PM
What lovely, lovely pictures:) Thank you for sharing your special day.

p.s. I loved the cake! Were those real shells??

Emily G
06-15-2009, 11:57 AM
:feedback:
Emily G - did you have the stone throwing ceremony or the sand mixing ceremony they offer at Aruba Weddings for You? If so, what on earth are they? And apart from the Civil Hall ceremony, what does the first choice package provide?

I think they are good luck ceremonies - have a look at their brochure from their website it explains the details about them both, we did the stone throwing which was loads of fun as our guests got to participate in the ceremony also.

The first choice package is the following:

Beach/golf ceremony
Meet & Greet at Aruba weddings for you office
Keepsake calligraphy certificate
Fresh floral bouquet and groom boutonniere
Soft prerecorded back ground music
Photography 1 location 36 pictures in album and on a cd
Sand ceremony
Setup
Floor draped table
1 bottle of champagne
1 tier cake
2 torches
Decorated white arch
Services
Non denominational minister fee
Coordinator present at ceremony
Administrative charges

You can upgrade your package through the AWFU people, it works out cheaper if you do it through them also.

If you have any other Q's let me know!

Emily G
06-15-2009, 11:58 AM
What lovely, lovely pictures:) Thank you for sharing your special day.

p.s. I loved the cake! Were those real shells??

Yes they were!!

I loved the cake - the sad thing was that we ended up throwing it away as we had desert at our reception and we completely forgot about the cake!! :doh:

We kept the shells and we have them at home in a lovely glass dish in our bathroom!