PDA

View Full Version : Aruba Babysitter

katherine
05-29-2009, 03:48 PM
I know some of you have been interested in finding a good babysitter in Aruba. I posted this in my trip report, but thought maybe not everybody would see it. I would highly recommend the woman we used last week. She came and spent time with our family and all 3 of our children every day and she was awesome. The kids all liked her alot and missed her when we had to leave. She was not only a good babysitter, but a good friend.

If interested her name is Mariza, and you can contact her at mflda@yahoo.com. She is a freelancer, so has very flexible hours.

Andrea J.
05-29-2009, 07:42 PM
yes yes yes
a very cool and interesting free spirit.
if i could live my life over again, i would love to be her for a year.
she works a bunch of part time jobs, dabbles in all sorts of little enterprises ranging from working for the Costa Linda, to house sitting, to babysitting to catering.

we have met her a few times and she is a "doll".
she is 30something+ and really really leads a very undull life.
Mariza can and does make lemonade out of lemons.

(i have a friend like her that showed up for the olympics in salt lake, atlanta and greece. no reservations/tickets or confirmed hotels. all she had was her backpack, a pillow, a camera and a few $$$$. mariza is footloose and fancy free. AND incredibly kind and responsible. lots of fun.)

ANDREA

(
I know some of you have been interested in finding a good babysitter in Aruba. I posted this in my trip report, but thought maybe not everybody would see it. I would highly recommend the woman we used last week. She came and spent time with our family and all 3 of our children every day and she was awesome. The kids all liked her alot and missed her when we had to leave. She was not only a good babysitter, but a good friend.

If interested her name is Mariza, and you can contact her at mflda@yahoo.com. She is a freelancer, so has very flexible hours.

JSWilk
06-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Katherine, I emailed your babysitting contact. Waiting to hear back from her. Do you have anyone else you can recommend? Thanks so much.

Jarah

cjmillerwi
03-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Mariza is great! Our family used her services for about 40 hours last week and it was a huge help with our three small children. She hung out with us on the beach, at the pool, stayed in for their naps and relieved us so we could go to fancy dinners alone! Thanks for the great recommendation of her on here... we highly recommend her to others visiting Aruba!

Jaimeg4
03-03-2011, 07:51 PM
If anyone is looking for a babysitter, I used Mariza. She was wonderful, friendly, and the kids loved her! Great lady!! We were in Aruba January 2011. We have 2 children ages 3 1/2 and 16 months and she took great care of them! we were sad to leave her. ALready have her booked for our next aruba vacation!! Her name on this site is Mafalda.. if anyone is looking, i would Highly recommend her!

Andrea J.
03-03-2011, 07:59 PM
i know mariza and she is marvelous.
she is a free spirit, kind, responsible and gracious.
she is wonderful and your kids will LOVE her.

katherine
03-04-2011, 03:14 PM
We have used Mariza as a babysitter in the past too - she was wonderful and our kids loved her!! Will definitely call her again if we need babysitting.

gretch
03-07-2011, 11:41 AM
I've used her too and my kids had a great time with her. Andrea recommended her to me and she knows her stuff!!

ABK1118
03-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Hi
Can you tell me what she charges and does she have a min number of hours that she requires?
Thanks

MarthaC
03-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi, We have used the same Island babysitter for 6 years. Her name is Belinda and she has been wonderful with our children ages 6 and 3. If you want her phone and other info PM me. Our children are always thrilled to see her and one year when our son was sick she and her husband drove us to the hospital and helped us more than you would ever expect.

ctfirewife
03-20-2011, 08:54 AM
I am so glad I stumbled upon this thread. My husband and I will (hopefully) be on the island in February of next year and my son will be about 13 months at that point. We'll be there with my family & I am sure that we will want to go out to dinner at least one night without him and maybe some other excursions during the day. It's good to know that there is someone that can be trusted to watch him on the island. Thank you all for posting your experiences and keep them coming-it will put this mother's mind at ease.

Navidad
03-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Another good babysitting company in Aruba is definatelly the TBC, their web page is: www.tbcaruba.com (http://www.tbcaruba.com)

scottlieb
07-12-2012, 09:11 PM
I was emailing back and forth with Mariza for a trip this coming week with our 14.5 month old son that we had to postpone due to a virus and it dawned on me that I never got a chance to reply to this thread last year.

We chose to celebrate our sons 6 month birthday with a trip to Aruba last year. I didn't find very much here and on tripadvisor for sitters on the island but this specific thread recommended Mariza. We contacted her by email and she blocked off the days that we would be on the island. She couldn't have been more accomodating for the specific days/hours we needed.

There is a big difference between a sitter who considers it just another job and a sitter who truly enjoys what they do. Mariza is the latter by far, and that is one of the most important things to us when at home but especially abroad when our son is in unfamiliar surroundings as it is.

This thread found us Mariza, so even before we left Aruba last year I thought about adding to it, but completely forgot until this (unfortunately postponed) trip.

From nj, we prefer Aruba or Bahamas due to the flight availability and times... but whenever we are trying to plan a trip it always leans towards Aruba because even though the flight is a little longer, we know that the Bahamas doesn't have Mariza! In fact, before looking up flights or hotels for this trip, I emailed Mariza and made sure she was available.

If you are sort of "on the fence" about hiring a sitting in aruba, I am more than happy to ease your concerns - send me a private message or (tried to post email but cant because I just registed .. so send me a PM)

Hopefully we can get down there next month because otherwise it'll have to wait another year and then it won't only be my son anymore!!!

Scott

sbatjc
07-13-2012, 01:30 AM
She was AMAZING with your 10 month old :)

I was emailing back and forth with Mariza for a trip this coming week with our 14.5 month old son that we had to postpone due to a virus and it dawned on me that I never got a chance to reply to this thread last year.

We chose to celebrate our sons 6 month birthday with a trip to Aruba last year. I didn't find very much here and on tripadvisor for sitters on the island but this specific thread recommended Mariza. We contacted her by email and she blocked off the days that we would be on the island. She couldn't have been more accomodating for the specific days/hours we needed.

There is a big difference between a sitter who considers it just another job and a sitter who truly enjoys what they do. Mariza is the latter by far, and that is one of the most important things to us when at home but especially abroad when our son is in unfamiliar surroundings as it is.

This thread found us Mariza, so even before we left Aruba last year I thought about adding to it, but completely forgot until this (unfortunately postponed) trip.

From nj, we prefer Aruba or Bahamas due to the flight availability and times... but whenever we are trying to plan a trip it always leans towards Aruba because even though the flight is a little longer, we know that the Bahamas doesn't have Mariza! In fact, before looking up flights or hotels for this trip, I emailed Mariza and made sure she was available.

If you are sort of "on the fence" about hiring a sitting in aruba, I am more than happy to ease your concerns - send me a private message or (tried to post email but cant because I just registed .. so send me a PM)

Hopefully we can get down there next month because otherwise it'll have to wait another year and then it won't only be my son anymore!!!

Scott

fifit1969
07-13-2012, 09:37 PM
We leave in 2 weeks and are not taking our nanny this time. We have a 7,m 5 and 2 year old and would love to have someone to help out. How can I get a hold of Mariza??

Andrea J.
07-13-2012, 09:47 PM
see post #1 for the contact information.

We leave in 2 weeks and are not taking our nanny this time. We have a 7,m 5 and 2 year old and would love to have someone to help out. How can I get a hold of Mariza??