PDA

View Full Version : Amsterdam Manor Trip Report with Photos

~Amy~®
06-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Sorry this took so long but had a lot of things going on when I got home (hubby's MBA graduation party and some house remodeling.)

Here's the link with photos (just click on the small photos within the trip report to make them larger:

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/trip-reports/2009/amy/

Hope it's not too boring but this was a "do nothing" trip...and I did nothing....but I did enjoy alot of these: :D

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/trip-reports/2009/amy/photos/02.jpg

Arubalisa
06-11-2009, 12:41 PM
:thumb:report! :thumb: Gecko for breakfast! ;) :eek:

~Amy~®
06-11-2009, 12:52 PM
:thumb:report! :thumb: Gecko for breakfast! ;) :eek:

That was a first for me! When I first saw something sticking out of the slot I just thought it was bread crumbs stuck on it at first...then as I got closer, I looked at him and he looked at me and I think we both screamed! :eek:

I think the lizard from earlier in the trip sent him to my room for revenge.

lindon
06-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Great trip report and beautiful pictures. Lucky you, you get to go again in Sept.. Would you say the restaurants are less crowded than last year? We are going in July and always make reservations. Do you think we will still need them?

Andrea J.
06-11-2009, 01:32 PM
LOVED IT
thanks
andrea

~Amy~®
06-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Great trip report and beautiful pictures. Lucky you, you get to go again in Sept.. Would you say the restaurants are less crowded than last year? We are going in July and always make reservations. Do you think we will still need them?

Restaurants were definitely not crowded in comparison to last April. We never made a single reservation but also went in knowing that we would be happy sitting at the bar with a drink or two if we had to wait.

We showed up at Madame Janette's at 7pm one night without a reservation and were seated right away. But I would say by 8pm the place was pretty full and busy so I think we got lucky that we went so early.

Wait....we did make a reservation at Passions which we did need because they have limited tables, especially for the 6:30pm sunset time.

Jarubian
06-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Great report as always Amy. I would love to meet in September I will be there from 23 Sep to Oct 6, and staying at the Radisson. Lets talk closer to the departure.

DANNYO
06-11-2009, 10:55 PM
:)This lady knows how to have a great time.....Thanks for sharing

cindyo
06-12-2009, 08:13 AM
Hey ~amy~ you didn't mention you met us...cindy and rob....its ok, we just chuckled over it...:)

NJ Ralph
06-12-2009, 08:43 AM
amy
nice report. I have been staying at Hyatt HR for past 8 trips and Katherine and I are considering the DIVI LR for family (3 young children included) I have always been interested in AM but have been reluctant to try because of the road crossing from facility to beach. I thought it would be difficult to perform the pool to beach dance with the kids.

Any thoughts? How is the AM for kids? is it mostly couples/adults?

Ralph

~Amy~®
06-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Hey ~amy~ you didn't mention you met us...cindy and rob....its ok, we just chuckled over it...:)

Oh, crap!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what happens when I don't write my reports right away....I forget.... :o

And I know exactly where it should be in the report, too....it was right after we had dinner at Salt & Pepper and we were heading over to Rembrandt's to meet Christian.....there on the street doing a little shopping were CindyO and RobO! It was great running into you! You know what I liked best about that night? You and your family were all together just walking in Aruba and everyone was having so much fun - it just looked like a great time. It just put a big smile on my face to see such a happy family! :):):)

~Amy~®
06-12-2009, 09:08 AM
amy
nice report. I have been staying at Hyatt HR for past 8 trips and Katherine and I are considering the DIVI LR for family (3 young children included) I have always been interested in AM but have been reluctant to try because of the road crossing from facility to beach. I thought it would be difficult to perform the pool to beach dance with the kids.

Any thoughts? How is the AM for kids? is it mostly couples/adults?

Ralph

Are you thinking the all-inclusive Divi? I think with 3 young kids the Divi might be easier. I don't see too many kids at Amsterdam Manor - sometimes there are a few at the pool but their pool isn't very big (I know how kids like pools over beaches most of the time) and it's pretty quiet at the resort at night.

When I do see families there with small kids it's mostly Dutch families. They like having the bigger 2 bedroom/2 bath rooms with the kitchens for their families so they don't have to eat out every night.

~Amy~®
06-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Great report as always Amy. I would love to meet in September I will be there from 23 Sep to Oct 6, and staying at the Radisson. Lets talk closer to the departure.

Sounds like a plan to me! Maybe at the Monday BB party at Amsterdam Manor or a couple of drinks at the Bugaloe! :)

elizmed
06-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Amy your review was great, beautiful pictures. Now I'm really sure I made the correct choice with AM. I can't wait:D

lindon
06-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the info on the reservations. I think we will still make them being there are five of us and we need a bigger table.

CasaHappy
06-17-2009, 06:34 AM
I found you! How about that! I lost my user name and password and had not posted here in almost 2 years. But I of course remember you and that you are there when we stay in September.

Great trip report! Can you PM me?

Thanks!

~Amy~®
06-17-2009, 08:26 AM
PM is on its way............;)

arubamark
06-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Hey Amy not for nothing but I like the way you pasck out your frig. Nice and neat, bottles placed nicely.

I think I have OCD sometimes with certain things. I'll take a soda or bottle of water out of the frig and it gets replaced and rotated with a new one.

I'll read the report now I always scan pics first.:D

~Amy~®
07-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Hey Amy not for nothing but I like the way you pasck out your frig. Nice and neat, bottles placed nicely.

I think I have OCD sometimes with certain things. I'll take a soda or bottle of water out of the frig and it gets replaced and rotated with a new one.

I'll read the report now I always scan pics first.:D

I have OCD with certain things, too :o....I like my Aruba frig neat with my beer bottles and my wine/champagne bottles on the door....and replaced as we drink them. :D

danadog56
07-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Amy, Great trip report....glad you had a wonderful time.....can not wait for November to have our own great time!!!