PDA

View Full Version : Best Time Share?????

Sgroi135
07-01-2009, 07:43 AM
What is your opinion to the best time share in Aruba. I would be traveling with 2 adults and 2 children.

I am also looking into the possibility of the time share that is available outside of Aruba.

I heard that Disney Now has time shares available in Aruba.

Thanks for your input!!!

cindyo
07-01-2009, 07:45 AM
What is your opinion to the best time share in Aruba. I would be traveling with 2 adults and 2 children. We love the Rennaissance Suites, others have their own opinions

I am also looking into the possibility of the time share that is available outside of Aruba.

I heard that Disney Now has time shares available in Aruba. News to me

Thanks for your input!!!

cindyo

Sgroi135
07-01-2009, 07:47 AM
My sister has the Disney Vacation Club and she said that Arub is (or will be on the list) of partner hotels.

If I get further I will send it on.

Linda VH
07-01-2009, 09:46 AM
We all think where we own is the best - my vote is for Costa Linda Beach Resort!!! :D

Arubalisa
07-01-2009, 09:55 AM
We used to favor the Playa Linda on Palm Beach.

Now if given the reason to stay in a timeshare, we would chose Costa Linda. They have up to three bedroom units and wide beautiful stretch of beach. Imo, one of the nicest on the island.

cindyo
07-01-2009, 10:00 AM
We all think where we own is the best - my vote is for Costa Linda Beach Resort!!! :D

Linda..you are absolutely right...lol :} cindy

nkordell
07-01-2009, 11:09 AM
We are interested in touring some timeshares in Aruba next week. I'm sure we will check out Costa Linda, but are there any others highly recommended? We currently own a 3-bedroom in Disney and use Interval for our exchanges. Do any resorts offer good perks for visiting?

cindyo
07-01-2009, 12:09 PM
surf club used to , don't know anymore

I think the Marriott Ocean Club is the best.
I believe it is all about preferences. Eagle Beach is definately the best beach, but Palm Beach has more action. I find the water a lot calmer too.
If you're looking for an updated timeshare, then I would look in the Palm Beach area as well.

Arubalisa
07-01-2009, 02:26 PM
If you're looking for an updated timeshare, then I would look in the Palm Beach area as well.
Just a note: Divi Links are new and there are still units under construction.

curlylaura
07-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Costa Linda is beautiful but beach can be little bit rough at times for the children. Playa Linda is great as it is quite centrally located and beach is very calm. Check out Divi Phoenix, they just built new timeshare units and they look amazing. It is located between high rise and low rise and has best of both worlds. Good luck.

Judy L
07-02-2009, 12:27 AM
I own at both Marriott Oceanclub,surf club and Renissance.I feel that for friendly nicest people but smaller unit Renassiance.Perfect with kids. The private Island makes it worth the smaller space. But you do have to take a boat free to you $75.00 to guests, Next the surf club is most modern and has laundry in unit,larger and more modern than Renissance but very crowded,hard to get seats at ocean or pool on school vacation times but fun to walk to all the high rise hotels in the ocean.I have been 30 something times so I love spending time at the few I own plus I rent extra weeks.Enjoy the wonderful people of Aruba.

Helmut
07-02-2009, 06:45 AM
IMHO, Timeshares are a waste of money. Why spend the initial money to buy the timeshare when you can simply rent one from an owner for their annual dues. You can rent a one bedroom for approximately $600. I recently rented a two bedroom at the Costa Linda for $800, the cost of the annual dues.

Andrea J.
07-05-2009, 09:18 AM
ya know helmut......................i can relate!

andrea

IMHO, Timeshares are a waste of money. Why spend the initial money to buy the timeshare when you can simply rent one from an owner for their annual dues. You can rent a one bedroom for approximately $600. I recently rented a two bedroom at the Costa Linda for $800, the cost of the annual dues.

Helmut
07-05-2009, 09:38 AM
My girlfriend owns a week at the Costa Linda and on Cape Cod, but after awhile the dues just feel like a monkey on your back, we're just lucky we pay every other year and her ex-husband pays the other.:)

ya know helmut......................i can relate!

andrea

wildewoman
07-11-2010, 09:17 AM
We own 2 Marriott time shares - 1 in Newport Beach & we just bought another week in their new resort in Florida- Lakeshore Reserve. We absoulty LOVE our time shares!!

We have only been to the one in NPB twice in 10 years - as every year - Interval wants our week & will give us 2 weeks for it!! So every year we go to either Aruba (we went in 2008 & stayed at the Surf Club - there were no crowds, no kids - perfect), St. Maarten, Mexico, Hawaii, wherever II has resorts!

We have also traded it for points - which we are now banking - as we are planning a 2 + week trip to Australia in 2013 - all on points - staying at Marriotts.

PLUS - they are property - so we make our like bandits on our taxes every year!!

I will continue to look at the other properties that II offers on Aruba - the idea of a private island just sounds so nice!!
And being a Marriott - makes it that much better.

Thanks!!

Andrea J.
07-11-2010, 10:16 AM
your reference to the marriott private island properties........Renaissance Suites and Renaissance Marina Tower. Both terrific places. We love the Renaissance Suites, as they have a great layout apartment, facilities pools and amenities good and the best is the private island!! Not one thing to complain about re: the Renaissance Suites.

We own 2 Marriott time shares - 1 in Newport Beach & we just bought another week in their new resort in Florida- Lakeshore Reserve. We absoulty LOVE our time shares!!

We have only been to the one in NPB twice in 10 years - as every year - Interval wants our week & will give us 2 weeks for it!! So every year we go to either Aruba (we went in 2008 & stayed at the Surf Club - there were no crowds, no kids - perfect), St. Maarten, Mexico, Hawaii, wherever II has resorts!

We have also traded it for points - which we are now banking - as we are planning a 2 + week trip to Australia in 2013 - all on points - staying at Marriotts.

PLUS - they are property - so we make our like bandits on our taxes every year!!

I will continue to look at the other properties that II offers on Aruba - the idea of a private island just sounds so nice!!
And being a Marriott - makes it that much better.

Thanks!!

Sgroi135
07-11-2010, 02:33 PM
So far the Occidental is very nice!! No complaints so far.. Well the only one, is that the bathroom (shower area) only has one little light, so when the shower curtain is closed, it is dark in the shower :)