PDA

View Full Version : Just want my adult kids to have fun. Where?

joelcoqui
07-14-2009, 02:20 PM
We have 5 kids 19-23 years of age. Staying at the Occidental but dont think there is enough to do for them. Being that we dragged them along, I want to make sure they can meet a crowd with similar interests to have fun with. Were talking musician, artsy emo crowd....oh, and 2 club goers. Will be there July 16. Thanks.:D

Sgroi135
07-15-2009, 09:32 AM
We have 5 kids 19-23 years of age. Staying at the Occidental but dont think there is enough to do for them. Being that we dragged them along, I want to make sure they can meet a crowd with similar interests to have fun with. Were talking musician, artsy emo crowd....oh, and 2 club goers. Will be there July 16. Thanks.:D

If you want to "DRAG" me to Aruba, just let me know!!!!:D:D:D:D

Shnyda
07-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Well the first thing nice is they are adults.... they can go out downtown to the bars/clubs. The musician may enjoy the Piano bar. It's not really what he/she may be used to at home but certainly a good time.

If anyone needs to be "dragged" to Aruba - isn't it just better to leave them behind.

I remember in my teens, the last family vacation we went on was a carribean cruise. I made the best of it, even though I was an "adult" at 17 or 18.

cindyo
07-15-2009, 12:07 PM
senor frogs

rob o
07-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Cigar Bar across from El Gaucho....Garufo, I think.

joelcoqui
07-15-2009, 08:39 PM
I didnt really mean drag.... but he prefered going to Europe instead of another Caribbean island....they seem to alllll look the same to him. Thanks for your help. :cool:

deezee
07-15-2009, 08:56 PM
We will be there from the 21st to the 26th. I will have my 3 boys ... 19-25. I do have a musician, computer geek and club goer (with no money!! ha ha). They are into sports (beach volleyball, anyone?)....we are at the Divi Divi all inclusive.

Shnyda
07-16-2009, 11:43 AM
I didnt really mean drag.... but he prefered going to Europe instead of another Caribbean island....they seem to alllll look the same to him. Thanks for your help. :cool:

That is true - the Islands all look the same (of course each has it's own personality.)

We enjoy getting to Aruba when we can, and exploring the rest of the world also. We went to London/Dublin this past May - we really enjoyed, but nothing beats the relaxation of a Carribean Island. I see where he is coming from though.

Jarubian
07-16-2009, 03:15 PM
I agree nothing beats a relaxing vacation like the Caribbean, and if they are musicians and club goers, they will have more fun on the islands than any where else. Keep in mind Aruba is on US Dollars, Europe or United Kingdom, the money is stronger and if they are typical young people not much money to play with.

Chadd
07-17-2009, 12:33 AM
If they're into the emo thing, you will never make them happy. It's against the rules to be emo and happy.

Arubalisa
07-17-2009, 09:14 AM
If they're into the emo thing, you will never make them happy. It's against the rules to be emo and happy.I thought if but didn't say it when I read it. Trying explaining emo to anyone in an older generation. :rolleyes: :doh:

rob o
07-17-2009, 12:32 PM
I thought if but didn't say it when I read it. Trying explaining emo to anyone in an older generation. :rolleyes: :doh:

What the heck is it?

Arubalisa
07-17-2009, 01:27 PM
What the heck is it?
http://www.luv-emo.com/ (http://www.luv-emo.com/)
"The term "Emo" is used as counterculture; it is an abreviation of the word "emotional".
Emo it's defining not only an attitude, but also a fashion that are coming from emocore (emo music).
Emocore is a combination between hardcore and punk music which was very popular in Washington DC in the late 80's.
The emo culture continued to develop between '90 and '00, reaching the height of its popularity today. "

Andrea J.
07-17-2009, 02:33 PM
gosh
i had to look up EMO.
i gotta get out of this state.
andrea

If they're into the emo thing, you will never make them happy. It's against the rules to be emo and happy.

eileenberk
07-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Put them on the bus..Kuku that is! Even the Emo will be smilin by the end of the night!:D

joelcoqui
07-25-2009, 08:51 AM
Great explanation. We are back and we all had a good time,,,,even the 23 year old Emo guy (except when he came down with a bad cold and got hit with a wave runner. Spent 3 hours in the Hospitaal but he is fine thank God)

Arubalisa
07-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Happy to hear everything worked out, well except for the accident. Happy to hear he is okay.

Where did they end up hanging out?