PDA

View Full Version : Transportaion

GaryG
07-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Hi Gang,
I have been lurking the boards for the last 2 months.
My family and I are leaving for Aruba the 28th of July.
We are only staying for 5 days, (better then no days right?)

Anyway I am trying to figure out transportation costs.
What would you guys recommend?

Taxi to and from the airport?
What should I expect the charges to be. (We are staying at the Marriott Surf Club)

Or just renting a car for the 5 days?
If so should I book it before hand or once I get to the airport?
(I would just like something that I can get around in, we plan to go on he jolly pirate, I am just awaiting confirmation on that).

I know I would need a 4x4 to go to the natural pool, so if we go we will go on one of the tours.

Any advice would be appreciated.

8 days and counting!! :D

Arubalisa
07-20-2009, 12:23 PM
:) Welcome to the forum.

Personal choice on whether or not to rent. If you are only there for four nights will you need the car every night to go out to dinner? Will you be eating "in" or with walking distance. These are some factors to consider. If you wanted to head to downtown Oranjestad for shopping, you can easily take the bus.

Taxi from the airport to the Marriotts is going to run about $20. Fares are per trip and allow a maximum of 5 persons per vehicle.

Jolly Pirates departs from the beach at the south end of the Marriott Surf Club property.

Kenny Maine
07-20-2009, 02:26 PM
We were there in April and the fare from the airport to the Marriott was $25.00. Maybe do a three day rental if you want to travel for dinner and/or shopping then just go to the places where you can walk the other 2 days. Just a thought!

Liz - Aruba Lover
07-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Airport to Marriott is now $25.00.

GaryG
07-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks for your responses.

We reserved Bully!!!!!

If we need a car we will just rent one for a day or so.

One week and counting!!!!

Arubalisa
07-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks for your responses.

We reserved Bully!!!!!

If we need a car we will just rent one for a day or so.

One week and counting!!!!I am sure you will be pleased with his service.

GaryG
07-21-2009, 11:38 AM
I received confirmation from Bully and his fair is $20.00 to and from the hotel. However there is an additional $3.00 on Holiday's and Sunday's.

Shnyda
07-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Aruba is such an accessible Island - I'd reccomend at least renting a car for a couple days to do a little exploring on your own.

We have been to other Islands and felt a little trapped not being able to venture out much.

Aruba - rent a car and go anywhere.

cindyo
07-21-2009, 05:07 PM
You won't be sorry with your choice of BULLY !

cbeaver
07-21-2009, 11:27 PM
I was reading this thread and got sidetracked on the "Bully" reservation. Whats that? My fiance and I are getting maried this sat (july25th) and will be in Aruba July 27th-1st.

Arubalisa
07-22-2009, 12:14 AM
I was reading this thread and got sidetracked on the "Bully" reservation. Whats that? My fiance and I are getting maried this sat (july25th) and will be in Aruba July 27th-1st.
http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/bully.html (http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/bully.html)
Bully is a taxi driver. He is a native Aruba who is honest, dependable and just an all around nice, hardworking family man. The perfect gentleman actually. His nickname is Bully but he is rather like a huge teddy bear.

You can reach him via email at bullytaxi79@hotmail.com (bullytaxi79@hotmail.com) He can answer any of your questions. If you choose to reserve with him, he will meet you inside the airport, just outside of Aruban customs with a sign with your name on it.

Cerry is a taxi driver who is also a member of this forum
http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/cerry.html (http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/cerry.html)

GaryG
07-22-2009, 12:02 PM

Congrats and best wishes!!!!!
Where are you staying?

Liz - Aruba Lover
07-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Congratulations. Happy Wedding Day.

cbeaver
08-02-2009, 10:39 PM
I just got back yesterday. You'll want to rent a jeep for a full day or maybe two. You CANNOT skip out on going down the dirt roads of the northern coast! And not just to the natural pool. Get some bottled waters and food and spend a day just riding and stopping in cool looking places along the northern coast! And yes, you will need and use the 4x4 function! Other than that, I'd just rent a car. You can get a car for 60% less than a jeep. I rented one from Budget and found the one and only person on that island who is a complete :censored:. The girl who runs the little hut rental stand across fromt he Hyatt was completely rude and out of line for no appearant reason. So much so that I almost threw her the keys and went elsewhere with my business, but it was the only unrented jeep I could find.