PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Vault

Arubalisa
07-28-2009, 07:48 PM
As suggested by Schnauzerjoy in another thread http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/camera-stolen-off-beach-front-radisson-39990/#post146985

Vacation Vault... http://www.vacationvault.com/ (http://www.vacationvault.com/)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/412p10kiN4L._AA280_.jpg

Sgroi135
07-29-2009, 07:01 AM
Great Idea.

My prob is that My camera will not fit in there :).

A lot of people are going with dSLR as I have a large one.

I was at the Radisson a day or two before that cam was stolen. I have been looking into something for my camera to secure also.

Bill
07-29-2009, 07:17 AM
I like the concept but not sure about the combination set up. My fingers are a little slippery with sun screen:feedback:

Sgroi135
07-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Those dials look pretty big. So even with sunscreen I think you would be ok.

You must really put that stuff on if you are that slippery :D:D

Bill
07-29-2009, 08:14 AM
Those dials look pretty big. So even with sunscreen I think you would be ok.

You must really put that stuff on if you are that slippery :D:D

Im a true white boy. I have to paste it on.

Sgroi135
07-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Lol!!!

Arubalisa
07-29-2009, 10:03 AM
:o My dh said the exact same thing to me when I showed it to him later on. My camera (Olympus E-500) will absolutely not fit. :(

Too bad they do not sell different sizes. The other downside, is that it does away with all spontaneity.

Bill that is a good point about the sunscreen, almost as bad as, "gee where did I put the key for that lock?" :doh:

Sgroi135
07-29-2009, 11:25 AM
:o My dh said the exact same thing to me when I showed it to him later on. My camera (Olympus E-500) will absolutely not fit. :(

Too bad they do not sell different sizes. The other downside, is that it does away with all spontaneity.

Bill that is a good point about the sunscreen, almost as bad as, "gee where did I put the key for that lock?" :doh:

I am probably going to try to see what is out there for a camera of my type. I have a Canon 50D. Even If i have to make something, just to try to get the quick stop if someone picks it up.

It is kinda like the person who steals stuff from cars.

They walk the street and try to open cars, if they are unlocked then they take stuff, if they are locked they just go past.....

Schnauzerjoy
07-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Some people are never happy eh? :D

Ok then, here are some options for you people that brings half the hotel room to the beach http://www.corporatetravelsafety.com/catalog/travel-safes-c-26.html?osCsid=0fba5471e70e186685e7d7edf6a8a9b2 :cool:

In general this site has ton of great stuff for the kind of people that frequents this forum http://www.corporatetravelsafety.com , so go nuts (I did ;)).

But I am sure that someone has i.e. a pet elephant that they cannot find a way to secure when they go in the water :D, but just let us know and maybe we can find something later :cool:

Have fun

Carsten

peterharman
10-29-2009, 07:10 AM
Whoa, nice. A vacation vault! Lol :D

Eagle Beach Boy
01-03-2010, 04:55 AM
Well, we have used the Vacation Vault for two weeks now and find it great. We just loop it through the cable on our palapa and know the contents are SAFE.
The combination is easy to use. For me it would be nice if the numbers were bigger but I can still see it to operate.
Thanks John for all your service of getting one to me.

ltdpt
01-03-2010, 06:50 AM
what's a "vacation vault"?

aquaman
01-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Hi ltdpt

The Vacation Vault is a small lockable device to keep your items safe at beach, pool etc. It has a braided steel cable that allows you to lock it to a chair, post, palapa etc. There is a website at www.Vvcaribe.com (http://www.Vvcaribe.com)

Andrea J.
01-03-2010, 08:57 AM
see this thread too.
http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/vacation-vault-what-do-i-do-w-my-stuff-41293/

dear son and his bride used one for the last few days of their aruba honeymoon last week and loved it.
he told us it held the room keys, cell phone, camera, her wallet, his money clip and 2 ipod nanos.
his words were "how come no one invented and marketed this sooner?"

sunworshipperII
01-03-2010, 09:35 AM
I just ordered one for our upcoming trip..(thanks to cindyo).waiting for it to come...Last trip I would get so nervous going in the water not keeping an eye on the bag I mean camera, ipods,perscription sunglasses....who wants to have it ripped off while on vacation.

rob o
01-03-2010, 09:48 AM
I laughed when cindyo bought one.

I'm not laughing any more, it's great!

sunworshipperII
01-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Hey rob are you guys getting dumped on down there we are up here in MA its snowing like crazy can't wait till aruba

Larainerenee
01-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Will it hold an Amazon Kindle?

cindyo
01-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Hi ltdpt

The Vacation Vault is a small lockable device to keep your items safe at beach, pool etc. It has a braided steel cable that allows you to lock it to a chair, post, palapa etc. There is a website at www.Vvcaribe.com (http://www.Vvcaribe.com)

FYI...I posted pictures in the gallery so all can see it in use...cindyo

fry120
01-03-2010, 02:38 PM
How much do they cost? and can I buy one online?

Sunny Beaches
01-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Yes, just google, they are about $40.00 with shipping.

damnyankeeuk
01-03-2010, 05:31 PM
I had my sister in Mass get me one and ship it over here to the UK. Looking forward to using it in Aruba. Pity they soak you so much for postage. The one company I found that would ship to the UK wanted nearly £25 in postage alone!

Thank God for family!

fry120
01-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the recommendation Eagle beach boy. I bought one today.

Andrea J.
01-03-2010, 09:56 PM
i wish every towel hut at every resort carried them!!!

sunworshipperII
01-08-2010, 06:15 PM
I am excited got it today...purple so cute...thats means aruba is very close...
oh its so cold here I may have to go tanning just to feel some heat..

fry120
01-08-2010, 08:17 PM
I got mine today too!!!

Michelle_and_Aaron
01-15-2010, 12:04 PM
I just got mine! Thebeachcabana.com has them for $30 and free shipping, I also found them on amazon.com for just a few dollars more.

corona
01-15-2010, 02:50 PM
I just got mine! Thebeachcabana.com has them for $30 and free shipping, I also found them on amazon.com for just a few dollars more.

Just another great find I can thank this forum for. I had searched different web sites for the Vacation Vault, and while I found good prices, the shipping was high. Thanks for leading me to a good deal, M&A. I also only discovered there was such a product by this thread.

We've never had a problem leaving our camera, cell phone, Ipod, etc at our palapa when leave for lunch or go into the water, but as our toys get more expensive, I knew I'd feel foolish and much poorer, leaving hundreds of dollars of electronics (let alone ID and credit card) for someone to easily snatch. I've always felt perfectly safe in Aruba, but an extra layer of protection never hurts.

sunworshipperII
01-15-2010, 02:59 PM
I know isn't this forum the best.....such knowledge...

Andrea J.
01-15-2010, 04:16 PM
omgosh you are so correct!
we too have left camera, ipod, room key, few bucks "hidden" in a beach bag at the palayapa.
how LUCKY were we, all theses years?
times change and our toys get more expensive and thieves get more clever.

i am glad we have the vacation vault.
one of of forum members arubadreamin is the guy that brought them to aruba for sale!

andrea
Just another great find I can thank this forum for. I had searched different web sites for the Vacation Vault, and while I found good prices, the shipping was high. Thanks for leading me to a good deal, M&A. I also only discovered there was such a product by this thread.

We've never had a problem leaving our camera, cell phone, Ipod, etc at our palapa when leave for lunch or go into the water, but as our toys get more expensive, I knew I'd feel foolish and much poorer, leaving hundreds of dollars of electronics (let alone ID and credit card) for someone to easily snatch. I've always felt perfectly safe in Aruba, but an extra layer of protection never hurts.

aquaman
01-15-2010, 06:13 PM
omgosh you are so correct!
we too have left camera, ipod, room key, few bucks "hidden" in a beach bag at the palayapa.
how LUCKY were we, all theses years?
times change and our toys get more expensive and thieves get more clever.

i am glad we have the vacation vault.
one of of forum members arubadreamin is the guy that brought them to aruba for sale!

andrea

Just to let everyone know that they can be purchased on the island at comparable prices to ordering online. To see where they can be purchased, there is the web site www.Vvcaribe.com. that has the retail and rental outlets listed

sunworshipperII
01-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Yeah I heard the playa linda gift shop and somewhere over near Hard rock...but I have mine already so glad

BethfromLINY
01-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks to this forum, I too ordered a vacation vault. I am waiting for it to arrive anyday now.

I picked the aqua blue - since it will match the water, the towels and the lounge chairs were I stay!

Thanks again for the GREAT info!

Michelle_and_Aaron
01-16-2010, 12:50 AM
The blue is very pretty but I ordered the purple! I'm sure Aaron is just going to LOVE carrying around a purple thingy but oh well it serves him right for going away on business travel and leaving me at home alone with the cats and the credit cards. lol!
I thought about waiting until we get there to buy ours but it was such a good deal and i would just rather have it here and pack it into the case instead of going to a store to get it once we are there. We won't have a rental car so it is just easier that way but I think it is great that someone brought them to the island, they are such a great idea!

sunnysmiles
01-16-2010, 11:06 AM
I can't convince my hubby that we need one of these because we didn't have one on our last trip. He asked what we attach it to if we don't rent a chair (referring to Baby Beach). He's ruining my shopping fun. :rolleyes:

aquaman
01-16-2010, 11:09 AM
I can't convince my hubby that we need one of these because we didn't have one on our last trip. He asked what we attach it to if we don't rent a chair (referring to Baby Beach). He's ruining my shopping fun. :rolleyes:

If you rent a car you can always lock it to the steering wheel or to the frame beneath the seat

Of course you could also lock it onto hubby (lol)

sunnysmiles
01-16-2010, 11:13 AM
If you rent a car you can always lock it to the steering wheel or to the frame beneath the seat

Of course you could also lock it onto hubby (lol)
Thanks for the ideas! I'm not giving up on this one yet. Maybe I should just order it and only put my stuff in it - leave him on his own. :D

Eagle Beach Boy
01-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Buy it here in Aruba. You can view the colours as well as having to pack it.
If you do have a problem you can return it for an exchange.

Shop around here for the best price. One store is asking TOO much. A few dollars over the prescribed price.

corona
01-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Just to let everyone know that they can be purchased on the island at comparable prices to ordering online. To see where they can be purchased, there is the web site www.Vvcaribe.com (http://www.Vvcaribe.com). that has the retail and rental outlets listed

I'll be staying at the Marriott Stellaris. If someone asks me the nearest location to that hotel to buy or rent, which places would that be? I'm sure as more are seen on the beach, the more popular they'll become. My husband even mentioned they'd be nice to use in hotel rooms when there's not a safe available.

Andrea J.
01-16-2010, 03:03 PM
they can be purchased at
The Lazy Lizard located at Village next to the Hard Rock Café (Palm Beach)

The Juggling Fish, located at beach front of Playa Linda Hotel (Palm Beach)

Sunny Beaches
01-16-2010, 03:06 PM
SS, tell dh you can attach it under the seat of your vehicle, and no one will see it through the window. :)

Eagle Beach Boy
01-16-2010, 06:24 PM
they can be purchased at
The Lazy Lizard located at Village next to the Hard Rock Café (Palm Beach)

The Juggling Fish, located at beach front of Playa Linda Hotel (Palm Beach)

They might be the places I mentioned that are over charging. :( :confused:

BethfromLINY
01-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Mine was on my doorstep when I got home today. It is great. Now I just have to get to Aruba to use it . . . . only 41 days, but who's counting? :-)

SuperBunches
01-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Larainerenee,

I don't have a kindle yet, but the website lists the following dimensions:

7.25"W x 7.50"H x 4.5"D

There are also really good pictures on the website. I am going to order one myself!

corona
01-19-2010, 03:45 PM

I ordered mine on the 15th and received it today! I ordered the aqua blue because it looks like the waters off of Aruba...very pretty. I was impressed with Thebeachcabana.com. I received an email right away that the order was placed, another the order was being processed, and another to tell me it was on the way, plus quick delivery. :thumb:

Randi
01-19-2010, 04:15 PM
I saw the vacation vault at the Lazy Lizard at the Playa Linda (facing the ocean) being sold for $49.99 in December.

Shelly
01-19-2010, 04:54 PM
http://www.corporatetravelsafety.com

$24.95 But they only have it in red or blue

Michelle_and_Aaron
01-19-2010, 09:48 PM
I was impressed with thebeachcabana.com as well. You are right the communication was excellent and the shipping was quick and best of all FREE! I saw some websites charging $10 to ship that one little box. The funny thing is once I got my pretty purple vault I played with it like half an hour before I figured out how to change the combimation. I saw that it said to hold it to the left but I never realized it kinda popped up while you were changing the number.
Anyway I love mine and can't wait to use it in Aruba!

mandylovestotravel
04-09-2010, 07:24 PM
I ordered one today from thebeachcabana! after reading all the threads about the Vacation Vault I thought it is well worth the extra sense of safety when in the water or around the pool! Thanks for everyone's sharing

Andrea J.
04-09-2010, 07:28 PM
it is a wonderful thing to have.
one of our members " aquaman " is the one that was instrumental in getting the vacation vaults on aruba and having them for sale and for rent at various locations on the island.

I ordered one today from thebeachcabana! after reading all the threads about the Vacation Vault I thought it is well worth the extra sense of safety when in the water or around the pool! Thanks for everyone's sharing

mandylovestotravel
04-11-2010, 08:38 AM
I am happy to have gotten the tip from here!!! My Vacation Vault has already been shipped and should be here Tuesday!

Andrea J.
04-11-2010, 03:24 PM
one of our members AQUAMAN is the guy that brought the Vacation Vault to be sold in Aruba.

here are his comments that he made to me:

I wanted to let you know why the cost of a Vacation Vault in Aruba is a little higher than the US. Firstly freight costs, but the most annoying was that Aruban Customs initially set a rate and when the shipment arrived they refused to honour it. They went to the website, took the retail price and levied imprt duties on that amount!!! We have an appeal lodged but it may take up to a year to get it solved.

Another factor forum users may not be aware of is that if something happens to a unit purchased there, we have no no quibbles exchange policy. One of the members of the Forum experienced a problem where his lock got damaged and had his exchanged immediately here. ( Unless the unit has been tampered with or willfully damaged)

We have asked the retailers to revisit pricing and are doing our best to get a lower retail price, but it is very difficult.

All I can do is request that visitors to Aruba realize that there is a cost to providing this product there as a convenience to them. Also they should recognize that we set up rental locations as well. thanks!

sunworshipperII
04-11-2010, 08:37 PM
I think its great that he is selling them on the island because people saw mine and wanted to know where I got it.. I purchased mine online before I left but informed them where to find it on the island they were so happy that they could still get their hands on one.. Its the greatest thing, and if you have to pay a little more so be it...thats convience right?

n and n
04-17-2010, 05:36 AM
Hi:).We are from the UK. We have purchased one. We are pleased with it. The only trouble is we have got to wait until 1st oct to use it:behappy:

cukiecutr
04-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the reminder on this! I just went on line this morning and ordered one. $29.95 plus s&h

Windy
04-17-2010, 08:34 AM
Larainerenee,

I don't have a kindle yet, but the website lists the following dimensions:

7.25"W x 7.50"H x 4.5"D

There are also really good pictures on the website. I am going to order one myself!

re: our Vacation Vault from The Beach Cabana -- the web site measurements are taken on the outside --
The inside dimensions are 6 7/8" wide at the top, 5" wide at the bottom, 3 1/8" deep, 6" tall (plus 1+" inside lid).

cukiecutr
04-17-2010, 04:27 PM
I ordered one this morning on line. $29.95 plus s & h.

cherry
04-17-2010, 06:58 PM
I ordered one two days ago, on ebay. It is new and I had my choice of color. It was $28.95, plus delivery.
I was so pleased with myself, and when I told my husband, his reply was, if you hook it to a chair, what is to stop someone from throwing a towel over it, and taking the whole chair and vault away. Never though of that.
Still seems like a good idea to me. Can't wait to receive it.

Andrea J.
04-17-2010, 07:05 PM
the vacation vault can prevent snatch and grabs.

the vacation vault is best used of course attached to something that is permanently in place.

hope you enjoy and get good use of yours and will you allow your husband to use it ;) ?

I ordered one two days ago, on ebay. It is new and I had my choice of color. It was $28.95, plus delivery.
I was so pleased with myself, and when I told my husband, his reply was, if you hook it to a chair, what is to stop someone from throwing a towel over it, and taking the whole chair and vault away. Never though of that.
Still seems like a good idea to me. Can't wait to receive it.

sunworshipperII
04-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Well if they want to walk away with the whole chair nothing you can do I guess . But by the pool its good and you can wrap it around the huts If they want it bad enough nothing is going to stop them.

rob o
04-19-2010, 07:05 AM
Have used my vault for 2 days so far at the Stellaris. Looped it thru my beach bag zipper and to the chair. Worked great. A must for those who are leary of leaving things on their chair. Saw them at the Juggling Fish next to Hard Rock. Pick one up there while shopping. cindyo

lvaruba
04-19-2010, 03:28 PM
I bought one this year in Aruba and used it for 2 weeks, it was great. It really gives you peace of mind while in the water or walking on the beach.

corona
04-19-2010, 04:06 PM
We used our new VV everyday too. Not that we'd ever had any trouble in the past in Aruba, but it gave us that extra peace of mind. We also hooked the straps to my beach bag in the lock, so we didn't have to worry about it either. Not that it would keep someone from rummaging through the bag, but more that nobody could do a quick grab and run.

Happy_Mom_13
07-12-2010, 03:15 PM
I just bought a vacation vault today at The Container Store on sale for $20 -- regular price $25. They sell in online as well at www.thecontainerstore.com . I think I got a pretty good bargain, so I picked up two (for some future gift?). I certainly can imagine using it in various scenarios beyond next week's vacation.

TravelDuff
07-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Wow - that's a great price! Good buy!

amarg
07-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Well after reading this thread I have checked every single site listed on here and more re getting a vacation vault. I cant find one in Canada and all the rest of the companies, including the container store, want $50 to $75 to ship a $30 item to Toronto. I tried emailing a few to ask that they just send it regular mail as it's too expensive for me and they said no. Apparently they want proof it's delivered due to scam artists in the past saying they didn't receive their package, hence FedEx only. I even tried getting the alternative Pac Safe. Same thing. Any ideas for me guys? Can't find one in Toronto or Canada online or in store. How much will it cost me to buy in Aruba. No point renting for two weeks.

sunnysmiles
07-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Earlier this year Randi posted this on this thread...

I saw the vacation vault at the Lazy Lizard at the Playa Linda (facing the ocean) being sold for $49.99 in December.

Andrea J.
07-26-2010, 08:38 AM
it will run you about $49 in aruba.
can be bought at juggling fish and lazy lizard.

Jacki
07-26-2010, 09:42 AM
I got my Vacation Vault at the Container store before we came down to Aruba - LOVE it!! Room keys, camera, wallet, with plenty of room to spare. I wish it were slightly taller so my nook could fit also.

xobxdoc
07-26-2010, 03:52 PM
My worked great also except that I put my reading glasses in it and I had to get my son to dial the combination so I could open it back up. Might have been the Capt/cokes too.

Shelly
07-27-2010, 11:50 AM
My worked great also except that I put my reading glasses in it and I had to get my son to dial the combination so I could open it back up. Might have been the Capt/cokes too.

hahaha!!! good one!!!

sunnysmiles
07-27-2010, 01:42 PM
ROFL Thanks for the well needed laugh!

sunworshipperII
07-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Love mine too....best thing I ever bought (for aruba)

~Amy~®
09-01-2010, 02:43 PM
it will run you about $49 in aruba.
can be bought at juggling fish and lazy lizard.

Yikes! That's alot!

I finally decided to get one - ordered it online for $26 (no shipping charges.)

I got a nice bright pink one. I'm never worried about money in my bag since I usually only take about $20 to the beach with me. I just don't want to lose my camera (camera is replaceable but photos are not.) Now I can take walks on the beach and not worry about my camera the entire time.

~Amy~®
09-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Just got it in the mail yesterday. Looks nice and it will hold my camera, money and room cardkey. Kinda heavy though - will have to pack something in it so I'm not wasting "empty space" inside of it in my luggage.

arubacandy
09-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Just ordered my vacation vault (yellow), also $26 and no shipping charges- I'll be waiting at the mailbox for it to come...3 weeks till aruba...counting the days.......

~Amy~®
09-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Just ordered my vacation vault (yellow), also $26 and no shipping charges- I'll be waiting at the mailbox for it to come...3 weeks till aruba...counting the days.......

I should have got the yellow one. As I was telling my husband this morning "it takes a real man to be able to carry around a PINK vacation vault to the beach". :D

He seemed to like it though...after his comment of "wow, that's bright pink". LOL!

arubacandy
09-04-2010, 02:39 PM
amy, thats funny, because I wanted to get it in purple but my husband just looked at me and said "PURPLE" so I decided to go with yellow for the aruba sun ... LOL !! hope to see you at the BB party on monday sep 27...

Teacherjen
11-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Good morning everyone!
Well, after reading this forum for years, I finally decided to register as I have a question for you all. This isn't my first trip, but it will be my husband's. Previously, my traveling companions were either not interested or not capable (health issues) of going to Baby Beach. Now that my husband will be going, we want to go down there and swim, and then perhaps hit Charlie's before heading home.

My question is what to do with my valuables? I have owned a Vacation Vault for a couple of years (2 actually; 1 I leave in my locker year-round at Walt Disney World). I never have an issue at the beach or pool because I can secure the VV to a beach chair. As far as I know, there are no chairs at BB.

We MAY rent a scooter for a couple of days so we might have that at BB, but if we don't, then we will need to get to BB by bus or taxi. So my questions:

1. If we have a scooter, is there someplace ON the scooter to attach the VV (I may also purchase the PacSafe 100)?
2. If we don't have our own vehicle, what to do with our stuff? I also have a water proof wallet which I can use to keep cards, ID, and cash in while we swim, but I will also have a camera and a cell phone and they won't fit in the wallet.

Any suggestions? :feedback:

Thanks!
Jennifer

MarcioCampos
11-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Hi, Jennifer! I have the same doubt of yours, since we plan to go to Baby and Arashi beaches and may not have a car to leave our stuff (money, cards, passport copy, camera) inside. But I had never heard of the Vacation Vault -- already Googled it and looks great for such situations! Now I need to discover if they mail it to Brazil.

All the best from Brazil

Marcio

Andrea J.
11-08-2011, 08:24 AM
we used the vacation vault at baby beach!
we found a spot at baby beach that had a large palapa kinda hut.
it was not in the best of shape and had areas on it where we could weave the vacation vault cable thru and then connect to itself.

please please lock up your passports in your resort in room safe.
there is no need to be carrying them around.

welcome to the aruba.com community forum

Andrea J.
11-08-2011, 08:29 AM
a pac safe may give you better protection and more space than a vacation vault.

i take it you are not planning on a car rental.

riding a motor scooter from the hi rise to baby beach is not an easy feat.
the cars that you will be sharing the road with drive in excess of 50mph on that stretch of road. it could be unsafe.

and another thought is...........there are a couple of taxi drivers that many of us know personally. these fine people bring tourists to baby beach, hang out and wait or come back. it is approx $45 per hr. if you did enlist one of them all of your belongings could stay in the vehicle !!
just a thought.

jeffnev
11-08-2011, 10:00 AM
It's probably worth a 1 day car rental to explore Baby Beach, Charlie's and other places on that side of the island. We try to limit the valuables we bring when snorkeling, but if you lock it in the trunk and don't leave things visible in the car you'll be fine. And as Andrea says, never carry your passports around with you-keep them locked in your hotel safe.

Arubalisa
11-08-2011, 10:36 AM
I do not recommend scooters at all. Between the condition of the roads (think bad pot holes) and your safety amongst the drivers (of the cars), and various animals, your life is more important.

More info

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/scooter.html

Rent a car instead. :) It will be much safer.

But I had never heard of the Vacation Vault -- already Googled it and looks great for such situations! Now I need to discover if they mail it to Brazil. VACATION VAULT (what do i do w/ my stuff?) (http://www.aruba.com/forum/f35/vacation-vault-what-do-i-do-w-my-stuff-41293/?highlight=pacsafe)

pacsafe? (http://www.aruba.com/forum/f35/pacsafe-48945/?highlight=pacsafe)

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/beverages-beach-keeping-belongings-safe-52032/

In June Baby beach had someone renting chaises & cabanas and there are a few palapas as well.

Karen Lutzker
11-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Hiring a Taxi for a couple of hours or renting a car for the day is a great suggestion. Lisa is right! Scooters can be very dangerous on Aruba roads. As far as your valuables, they should be locked in the hotel safe.

Teacherjen
11-15-2011, 05:29 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies! I've been so busy with school that I'm just now getting back here. A couple of things:

1. Passports-No need to worry! Both my husband and I have been out of the country many times. We're well-traveled enough to know better than to carry our passports around. ;) When I say valuables, I'm talking about a cell phone (to keep in contact with friends back at condo, and for teenage daughters back home), camera (of course I want pictures at BB), credit card, debit card, some cash, and an ID. And yes, those things are all needed for our excursion. I have an Aquapac that I wear in the water and it holds most of the stuff, but the camera and cell phone will not fit in it. If our friends go with us, more than likely we won't all swim at the same time and someone can watch the stuff. If we go alone and we want to swim together, we need to know what to do with these things, hence my questions.

2. Taxi-Yes, I know about Bully, etc., and will probably ask him to pick us up from and take us back to the airport and maybe at other times during the week. This will probably not be one of them.

3. I'm not really worried much about the scooters. My husband has driven on the autobahn, so he's not concerned, especially given the fact that my elderly mother has driven a scooter from the Divi to BB and back many times. He thinks if she can do it, so can he and he's right. And if we do, mom says there is a locking "trunk" on the scooter. Since he's driving, the decision will be his, but since I'm not really thrilled about riding a scooter down there, we probably won't. :p

4. We will rent a car if our friends decide to join us, in which case my problem is solved as there will be somewhere to leave this stuff.

So back to my original question: Is there somewhere at BB to secure my valuables, either in a VV (I have one already) or a PacSafe (planning on buying), assuming we have no car/scooter/taxi in which to leave them? Andrea, did you only find 1 palapa while at BB? How plentiful are they?

Andrea J.
11-15-2011, 08:30 AM
there are a few palapas that seem to be permanent structures at baby beach.
the one we found and shared with 3 other people was in much disrepair , but we were able to find a place on it where we could loop the cable thru. there was another one like ours pretty close to the water but it had a bunch of people and stuff already.

go early in the day.........by 9 am and on a weekday and you will probably be able to secure one of the 2 ram shackled palapas.

they are not plentiful there are at least 2. maybe only 2.

there is no bus at BB it does not even come close.

if you make your way to BB by taxi or car rental can you not leave your valuables in the vehicle? if bully is your driver, could you leave the VV with him in his vehicle?
Thanks everyone for your replies! I've been so busy with school that I'm just now getting back here. A couple of things:

1. Passports-No need to worry! Both my husband and I have been out of the country many times. We're well-traveled enough to know better than to carry our passports around. ;) When I say valuables, I'm talking about a cell phone (to keep in contact with friends back at condo, and for teenage daughters back home), camera (of course I want pictures at BB), credit card, debit card, some cash, and an ID. And yes, those things are all needed for our excursion. I have an Aquapac that I wear in the water and it holds most of the stuff, but the camera and cell phone will not fit in it. If our friends go with us, more than likely we won't all swim at the same time and someone can watch the stuff. If we go alone and we want to swim together, we need to know what to do with these things, hence my questions.

2. Taxi-Yes, I know about Bully, etc., and will probably ask him to pick us up from and take us back to the airport and maybe at other times during the week. This will probably not be one of them.

3. I'm not really worried much about the scooters. My husband has driven on the autobahn, so he's not concerned, especially given the fact that my elderly mother has driven a scooter from the Divi to BB and back many times. He thinks if she can do it, so can he and he's right. And if we do, mom says there is a locking "trunk" on the scooter. Since he's driving, the decision will be his, but since I'm not really thrilled about riding a scooter down there, we probably won't. :p

4. We will rent a car if our friends decide to join us, in which case my problem is solved as there will be somewhere to leave this stuff.

So back to my original question: Is there somewhere at BB to secure my valuables, either in a VV (I have one already) or a PacSafe (planning on buying), assuming we have no car/scooter/taxi in which to leave them? Andrea, did you only find 1 palapa while at BB? How plentiful are they?

Arubalisa
11-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Great Idea.

My prob is that My camera will not fit in there :).

I was at the Radisson a day or two before that cam was stolen. I have been looking into something for my camera to secure also.
Our solution

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f35/pac-safe-travelsafe-100-a-49034/#post193163