PDA

View Full Version : Airlines' Expert on Missing Bags Fights Lost Cause

Arubalisa
08-14-2009, 09:49 AM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125002419177123735.html (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125002419177123735.html)

Airlines' Expert on Missing Bags Fights Lost Cause
Mr. Price's Luggage Keeps Getting Mislaid; Buy Insurance, He Says

"In Andrew Price's first year on the job, airlines lost his luggage seven times. ....Mr. Price, 40 years old, who heads the Baggage Improvement Program, a five-year global campaign launched by the International Air Transport Association, an airline trade group in Geneva that is trying to help members step up their luggage game."

The lesson here...always pack a spare outfit in your carry on. :(

mattnewhampshire
08-14-2009, 01:22 PM
That's hilarious!

Chadd
08-14-2009, 02:47 PM
If you have ever seen the baggage handling areas in a major hub airport, you would be amazed that any bags arrive in the right location. If you look at the graph, the biggest problem is not making connections.

princess
08-14-2009, 03:47 PM
I totally agree Chadd! :)

Randi
08-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Chadd, can you explain this? They will not let the plane take off with bags on the plane without the passenger but when they loose your bags they will fly them down to you without you on the plane!:eek:

princess
08-15-2009, 03:28 AM
Chadd, can you explain this? They will not let the plane take off with bags on the plane without the passenger but when they loose your bags they will fly them down to you without you on the plane!:eek:

Passengers who are boarding a plane assuming that their bags have been loaded, rarely have suspicious items packed.. ;)

serene56
08-15-2009, 02:19 PM
We pack two bags--half of his stuff goes in one bag and the other half goes in the other-- I had baggage lost for 3 days before they delivered it. Thank god the vacation was over and we were already home. But at that-- I would still had half my clothes

Arubalisa
08-15-2009, 03:24 PM
We pack two bags--half of his stuff goes in one bag and the other half goes in the other-- I had baggage lost for 3 days before they delivered it. Thank god the vacation was over and we were already home. But at that-- I would still had half my clothes
I do the same for the 3 of us. 3 bags and mix up the clothes. Will show dh this thread 'cause he just doesn't "get it".

Chadd
08-16-2009, 12:14 AM
They will not allow "voluntary separation"

In other words, they find it suspicious if someone is willing to take a flight other than the one their bags are on. I think the reason for that is somewhat obvious.

In the case of a lost bag, or one that does not make a connection, it is considered "involuntary separation". Obviously, there is less, if any, need to be concerned in these cases. Otherwise, you would have to fly back and pick up your bag and that would create all kinds of additional problems.