PDA

View Full Version : Save the Date

cukiecutr
09-30-2009, 07:30 PM
We are getting married in Aruba on 7/16/10. It will just be my immediate family with us in Aruba. We are having a large post reception with appetizer, cocktails and a DJ on August 7th. We think that save the date cards shoudl be send out for this party since it is summer and we want to give people enough time to plan around vacations. Does anyone have suggestions for wording?? Everything I have found on line is specific wording for the destination wedding. What about the STD's?
Also, when we do send out the invitation in June before we leave, how should we word that? I am stumped. Do we say "X & O are getting married in Aruba on 7/16/10...please join us on 8/7/10 for h'd and cocktails" ?? My friend says I also have to register as it is a post reception. Do you agree? I am hoping to get to a stationary store over the weekend to see what they can suggest but I welcome to any suggestions. I am stumped. Thanks, Cathy:o

Kabuki
09-30-2009, 08:53 PM
We said something to the effect of "X & O We will begin our lives as husband and wife on 10/9/09 on the shores of Palm Beach, Aruba. We'd love for your to join us in a party to celebrate our marriage!" We didn't do Save the dates for the at home reception, just the wedding in Aruba.

We registered for the showers etc. and are just leaving things open until after the at home party.
Hope that helps!
Angela

cukiecutr
10-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Thank you. That is a good idea and will save on two mailing. How far in advance did you send out your notices?

margeka
10-24-2009, 12:27 PM
We are in the same fog. Marriage on ARuba Nov 11 and receiption in Michigan next July. Where to find wording for reception only after the wedding. Any ideas would be helpful.

Sheree10
10-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Check out the website www.verseit.com (http://www.verseit.com) for ideas

margeka
10-25-2009, 12:00 AM
That's exactly what I was talking about. Thank you for verse it>

cukiecutr
10-25-2009, 02:08 PM
That's great. Thank you.
:)

Karen Lutzker
10-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Because of the current economy, many couples have opted to have a smaller wedding in Aruba for close family and friends and having a larger reception upon their return. My suggestion for wording a Save the date card for a post wedding reception would be as follows:
PLEASE SAVE THE DATE

MARY SMITH AND JOHN JONES

WILL BECOME HUSBAND AND WIFE

IN ARUBA ON JULY 16, 2010

PLEASE JOIN MARY AND JOHN

AT A POST COCKTAIL RECEPTION

SATURDAY, AUGUST 7, 2010, 8 P.M.

GRANDVIEW COUNTRY CLUB

ANY TOWN AND STATE

FORMAL INVITATION TO FOLLOW

You could even print yourselves by purchasing invitation kits or pretty letterhead found at your local local office supply or stationery store. Hope this information makes it a bit easier for those that are planning post wedding receptions in their home city and state.

margeka
10-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Sure does. We are planning a July 2010 wedding reception . The marriage will be in two weeks on ARuba and then there will be a shower in April followed by a very fun reception keeping with a beach/island theme here in Michigan. THank you for the wording help

Karen Lutzker
10-26-2009, 06:21 AM
Glad the wording was helpful :D

cukiecutr
11-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions! They are great and I am glad to see that I am not the only one wondering about this. I did get good news over the weekend. Angela is not going to Italy so she is able to take the pictures at our wedding on Eagle Beach!:)

margeka
11-20-2009, 10:23 PM
You will be so pleased. Angela just did our son's wedding last week. She is awesome. I can't wait to see the finished pictures. I'll be sure to post some.

Flamingo78
12-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi cukiecutr! We got married in Aruba in June, and had a celebration back home when we returned. We didn't send out "save-the-dates" for the post-celebration, but I made sure to send the invites out pretty early. The celebration was in July, and I think I sent them in March/April.

I don't know if you have ordered yours yet but a little advice - I wouldn't put the date of your Aruba wedding on the other invitation because people may see that date and confuse it with the party date (and show up on the wrong day!)...

Our celebration invitations read:

"(Names)
will be married
in a beachside ceremony
in Oranjestad, Aruba

Upon their return,
please join them along with their parents
to celebrate their marriage
(Date)
(time)

(address)

casual attire"

I put our website address in the invitation, so people could get more information about what to expect at the party.

I wish you a wonderful wedding and celebration! If there's anything I can help with, please let me know. Enjoy the journey!