PDA

View Full Version : energy surcharge

ajpslp
10-02-2009, 08:35 PM
anyone know how much the energy surcharge is up to and any ohter taxes involved with timeshare members? I am staying at Divi Phoenix and also need to know if the prices or different per hotel?
al

danadog56
10-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Depends on what kind of unit you have....I have a 2 bedroom at Divi Village and the surcharges are approx 10 dollars per day...and my studio is about 7.50...the 1 bedroom is like 9.00..I have all three, but can't remember the exact amounts...I assume for the Phoenix the amounts are similar since the ownership is the same...
I do not however know about the other hotels....I do remember a friend rented at the Tam last year she only paid what the price stated on the website and then whatever she charged to the room, but no surcharges that I know of ?????

Arubalisa
10-02-2009, 08:58 PM
I do remember a friend rented at the Tam last year she only paid what the price stated on the website and then whatever she charged to the room, but no surcharges that I know of ?????
Correct, there are no surcharges for energy on resort hotels, only timeshare units.

Liz - Aruba Lover
10-02-2009, 10:07 PM
At the Divi Phoenix if you are renting from a timeshare owner you will pay $99.61 total for taxes and energy surcharge (for a 1 bedroom). If you booked through a travel website or Divi directly, taxes are included in the price you paid.

ajpslp
10-02-2009, 10:12 PM
i thought it was around 12.00 a day plus some other type of fee for 4 totaling $15 or so bucks a day . The problem im having is 2 of my friends booked thru me and paid $720 for a week rental INCLUDING ALL TAXES . Now Divi Escapes is offering maintenance fees ($570 for studio) plus energy taxes so last i check 570 plus $10 a day(70 total) is $640. So they should get back like 60-80 bucks if the energy tax is right. Divi refuses to refund Divi is so Mis-managed, now they will need to pay credit card companies 2 times instead of just giving a credit in aruba for food etc, or refundeding the money , WHAT A HEADACHE! Leaving in 28 days!
Thoughts, or contact people at Divi ?

Shelly
10-04-2009, 08:46 AM
We just checked out of Marriott Ocean Club yesterday, and there were no energy charges on our bill. There was a hotel tax of $7.50 a day, maybe the energy charge is included in that.

qlaval
10-04-2009, 05:01 PM
There is no energy charge for TS owners in Aruba.
(Still it could be a policy specific for only one resort...)

But there is a local Government Tax which is charged to the guests by all hotel or timesharing resorts.
(For the hotels it is included in the room price & tax and won't show on the guest's folio upon check-out, but it usually will for TS owners)
The fixed fee that applies for the different categories are reflected below.
One Bedroom $6.50
Two Bedroom $7.50
Guest Unit $6.00