PDA

View Full Version : Reception/After Reception Ideas?

Sunnybride
10-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I don't really know what to do to entertain my guests. There is just a small number of us so we can't justify getting a dj or a band, there won't be anybody to dance with. Our reception is scheduled for 3 hours but I honestly don't see who will want to just sit there and drink after the dinner is done.

Any suggestions for what we can do to entertain guests? Is there any live entertainment in the late evening that we could go to, that might be an option? I'm open to any suggestions.

joeytruck
10-09-2009, 09:35 AM
go to soprano's. ya'll will already be drunk! it'll be a blast!

Arubalisa
10-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Afterparty for Wedding Reception (http://www.aruba.com/forum/f11/afterparty-wedding-reception-40265/)
http://www.aruba.com/forum/f11/afterparty-wedding-reception-40265/ (http://www.aruba.com/forum/f11/afterparty-wedding-reception-40265/)

For entertainment on site inquire as to the availability of an iPod dock, or bringing your own.

Liz - Aruba Lover
10-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Soprano's Piano Bar is a great idea. I always have a great time there or Bugaloe Beach Bar if on one of the music nights.

Sunnybride
10-09-2009, 10:42 AM
The Piano bar sounds like a good choice. I checked their website and it looks like they'll be open until 4am! So I could change quick after dinner and whoever wants to come can come. I think that might work.

christene
10-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I've been meaning to ask the same question! My reception is on a Saturday night and ends at 11:00 and have been wondering what to do after we put the parents to bed. Sopranos sounds like a lot of fun. Piano bars can be a blast if you have a good group. Does anyone know how far it is from the Marriott? Is it walkable? We'd probably have 20-25 that will still be ready to party. Are there other good late night options walking distance from Marriott?

Liz - Aruba Lover
10-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Sopranos is opposite the Radisson Resort. Depending on if you are staying at the Marriott Resort or one of the timeshsare resorts, its approx. 10-15 walk. I would though be wary of walking at 11 pm.

Sunnybride
10-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Oh I thought Aruba was fairly safe even late at night. Guess not? How would you suggest getting there then?

Arubalisa
10-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Oh I thought Aruba was fairly safe even late at night. Guess not? How would you suggest getting there then?
Aruba is safe but even at home would you walk somewhere late at night when anyone could jump out of the shadows? I live in the middle of no where and I won't and don't.

There are a good number of areas between the two which will not be fully lit. A taxi is $6 each way from the Marriott to Sopranos, maximum of 5 passengers and addtl. $3 after 11 pm or on Sunday.

If you wish to walk, take the same precautions as at home. Do not walk alone and be aware of your surroundings trying to stay in lit areas.

joeytruck
10-09-2009, 01:20 PM
we walked back to the marriott last year from soprano's@ 2:30am. we felt safe. i would walk the beach back to your place.

christene
10-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Better safe than sorry. So I'm thinking recommend a cab to those walking alone or in pairs, but that maybe groups of people walking together would be ok?

luvsun
10-09-2009, 02:31 PM
after our reception we (20) went to Buster's and then a few of us went to Soprano's late. we also walked and did not feel that we weren't safe.

Arubalisa
10-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Better safe than sorry. So I'm thinking recommend a cab to those walking alone or in pairs, but that maybe groups of people walking together would be ok?
Always better safe than sorry. Walking in a large group should not be an issue.

Angela Munzenhofer
10-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Throughout my years of knowing many bridal couples and getting their story for the newspaper I have to say that many people like you who don"t want a DJ because of the small quantity usually go somewhere to enjoy the rest of the night> Many people have different views of nightlife:
Here are a few good locations that previous couples enjoyed:
MooMba next door to Marriott
Busters Garage for an hour and then dance it off at Confessions (LOUD MUSIC BUT FUN)
Saprano's piano bar is also located very close.
A fun place a bit far is Garufa located across the street from El Gaucho , this is a perfect evening out- dinner and then go to the lounge- every night is different- check out their website.
It is o.k to have the wedding/ renewal on the beach ceremony and then proceed with dinner either at resort or elsewhere. Go where you can afford a great evening and enjoy the special occassion. 5 out of 10 weddings are done exactly like you had said. Put parents to babysit and go enjoy the rest of the evening.

arubaweddingbound
10-21-2009, 01:03 PM
We are thinking of doing the same thing for our wedding in April-I was wondering if any of these spots would be good on a Tuesday night ? We are getting married at the Marriott in April but on a Tuesday.

Shnyda
10-21-2009, 01:36 PM
You will be bringing a party of friends with you.... any night of the week will be GREAT!

In our experience - while they might not be packed - all the nightspots had some activity each evening of the week. People are on vacation and dont have to worry about work on Wednesday morning!