PDA

View Full Version : My Honeymoon

canadianmooners
10-27-2009, 04:42 PM
All the advice I got here made for a great honeymoon for oct 12th - 24th. In a nutshell here are my thoughts:

Loved everything.

In a slightly bigger nutshell:

Food: enjoyed Passions and Madame Janettes, and had the greatest dining experience ever at Flying Fishbone. The view that night had sunset/moon/and lightning over Argentina all at the same time. Amazing
The Pega Pega bar next to Bucuti had great happy hour from 5 - 7, loved the atmosphere

Hotel: Stayed at the Bucuti, which was lovely. The beach was quieter than Palm beach (as i'm sure 98% of you know) and very romantic. So many honeymooners there, and watched 3 weddings on the beach.

The people: Actually found the locals to be pretty rude in general. I am really easygoing so it didn't bother me, but I felt like I was bothering them every time I purchased something in a store. I enjoyed the way they drive, especially found the way they park entertaining.

Beaches: Beautiful. Palm beach was pretty, but so crowded. The Bucuti beach was quiet, but a little rough for the wifes liking. (A wave attacked her the first day and threw her around a little, and she hasn't forgiven it yet). Baby beach was great. I had not snorkled before and it was great for a beginner.

Cats and dogs: Didn't like seeing so many, but you see that in a lot of countries.

entertainment: We went to Aruba because there wasn't a lot of forced entertainment, just relaxation. Bucuti does show a movie on the beach twice a week which was fun. "Pirates of the Caribbean" with the waves crashing and a lightning storm was pretty cool

Thank you all for your planning ideas.

Tom

Arubalisa
10-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the review. Sorry you had to come home. The waves at the Bucuti are not always that big. You just happened to time it that way unfortunately. :(

Andrea J.
10-27-2009, 05:31 PM
loved reading your report

andrea

Randi
10-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Congrats! Glad you enjoyed your experience. Don't forget us now that your trip is over. We are you friends......................

Jarubian
10-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Congrats, and we love to hear that you loved and had a great honeymoon in Aruba, so now plan your next trip so your wife can get revenge on the tide.

purpleangel
10-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Enjoyed reading your report!

tammilk
11-04-2009, 11:26 AM
we honeymoon at Bucuti the last week of September and there were no waves to speak of! We enjoyed the nice quiet beach too

~Amy~®
11-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Food: enjoyed Passions and Madame Janettes, and had the greatest dining experience ever at Flying Fishbone. The view that night had sunset/moon/and lightning over Argentina all at the same time.

Maybe you mean Venezuela......;)

Congrats on your honeymoon - glad you had a great time!