PDA

View Full Version : Back in the Shack

SanNic44
11-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Mrs. 44 and I arrived on-island. Opened up the shack, got some air in, rolled around the island for a quick review.

Flights down were excellent, spot on time, American Airlines delivering me and the lovely Mrs. 44 safe and sound. Landing in Aruba was a perfect touchdown along the lines of the legendary Capt. Randy Masters. Given 30 knot gusts, this was a fine bit of flying. (Downside was a romper-room atmosphere in the cabin due to 4 unruly children, two nannies, and a mom who simply put in her earphones and let the kids run riot. 2 hours 19 minutes later, the hades concluded with that excellent touch down. By the way, what happened to respect in an airplane cabin? Oh, I know, "there's just nothing you can do." Whatever.)

Car and Old 918 fired up on the first crank. No damage or critters in the shack. Loaded up at Ling & Sons with enough to feed half a Legion. Went up to the hotels for a nice long walk. Things same-same.

Ready to get to work this morning, paying taxes, insurance, fixing a few details. Then it will be out to make some photos, videos, and blog posts about this rock. Will update on any new/old discoveries/rediscoveries as well as the usual goings on. More work to be done on pending literary endeavors in between jaunts of jovial jocularity.

See you here.

PS: Read. It doesn't hurt like a flu shot.:D

DANNYO
11-24-2009, 08:17 AM
:DMust feel good to be home again....Happy Holidays:D

Terry Joz
11-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Always look forward to seeing your posts. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

SanNic44
11-24-2009, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the well-wishes guys. Going to be a good run. Hope to extend the videos a bit, go more in depth at different locales. We'll see if time and technology permits. It takes 45 minutes for me to upload a 4 minutes video from here, so it's a bit time-consuming. Nonetheless, would like to put them together as there's plenty worthy of the bytes.