PDA

View Full Version : Amigo car rental

sunworshipperII
01-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Has anyone used them???

Arubalisa
01-03-2010, 09:14 PM
We have used them a couple of times without any problems whatsoever. Last time was Christmas.

Chadd
01-04-2010, 02:49 AM
Used them a couple times. The service is quite good and never had a problem getting what I reserved, even at the last minute. We reserved a car one time while sitting in the airport, waiting to board our flight to Aruba. Last time our car had obviously been in an accident (and repaired) prior to picking it up. Every time we hit a bump the horn went off, so we took it to their office and told them if they can't fix it they should just disable it. Ten minutes later the guy came back with the car, apologized profusely and asked if we would be ok without the horn. It would have been nice if they gave us a discount for our troubles but it was cheap enough and it wasn't worth the hassle.

islandj
01-17-2010, 09:40 AM
I never used them but they have a lot of cars on the road here and they all seem to be in good condition. I havent heard anything bad about them while talking to tourists.

Lewny1
01-19-2010, 02:41 PM
We used them last year. Good experience. We will be using them again this year for our two week trip in March/April. Used to use Budget, but I don't think the office staff are very friendly or accomodating there so we switched last year (so far, we have been pleased with our change).

lizzardo
01-20-2010, 08:01 AM
Have heard bad stories about car thefts on Amigoe...
Check the other boards for details....

kthy66
01-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Every time we hit a bump the horn went off, so we took it to their office and told them if they can't fix it they should just disable it.

I realize that must have been really aggravating and my apologies but it sounds hilarious! ROFLMAO :D

Arubalisa
01-20-2010, 09:32 AM
I have to add to my original post that out of all the other rental car companies we have used in the 14 years that we have been traveling to the island, Amigo is most consistent in the quality of the vehicles.

In addition, we have never had any problems with customer service and they promptly respond to emails, including Sundays.

kthy66
01-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Oh and we have never had a problem with Amigo either. Very easy to do business with.

sunnysmiles
01-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Does Amigo have Jeeps?

kthy66
01-20-2010, 02:18 PM
yes we rented a jeep from them last year. We got a flat one night and they came right out and fixed it for us.

Arubalisa
01-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Does Amigo have Jeeps?
Yes, scroll down to the bottom of the page
http://www.amigocar.com/models_rates.html (http://www.amigocar.com/models_rates.html)

sunnysmiles
01-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Thank you, thank you!

zim2dive
01-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Was going to be in Aruba for 9 days/8 night... thinking we might spend the 1st ~2 days doing nothing but lay on the beach outside the house, was going to then do a week rental from Amigo... website indicates they will pick you up at hotel and drop you off there.. I'm wondering about if we wanted to drop the car off on the way to the airport.. would they take us there instead, or would we need to arrange a taxi ... or would it be better to just drop the car off, catch the ride back to the hotel (the Ren) and catch a taxi from there?

thanks,
Mike

kthy66
01-27-2010, 12:25 PM
My boyfriend dropped me off at the airport with the luggage first then he went to amigo with the Jeep. The guys at Amigo were more than happy to drop him off at the airport.

Lewny1
02-01-2010, 12:09 PM
zim2dive - Maybe see if you can return the car to the airport location.

kthy66
02-01-2010, 08:22 PM
zim2dive - Maybe see if you can return the car to the airport location.

Amigo does not have an airport location.

fattypatty
02-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Amigo does not have an airport location.

they do have an airport location. it's the 3rd or 2nd to the last set of car rental shops across from the baggage claim. but remember, all airport pick ups cost an extra 8-10% for airport surcharge fee levied by the govt.

EHampite
02-02-2010, 05:50 AM
We used Amigo on our trip Jan 11-24 this year. We generally use Tropic, but Hans was sold out for that time frame. Amigo does have an airport location - last one on the right. They charge an additional 10% for the airport location, but if you add the cost of a cab to their off-airport location, the difference was minimal, and it was more convenient for us to get the car and return it right at the airport.

We had no problem with Amigo at all. We rented a Yaris which was in good condition and worked fine. Only "hitch" was when we returned the car on Sun, Jan 24 at 10:30. The office was locked! :eek: I called them and the girl that answered said they were "on their way". :rolleyes: She contacted them by phone to see just where they were and they were "at the light at the entrance of the airport"! They arrived minutes later and we were on our way ... not a big deal.

We would use Amigo again without question. :)

fattypatty
02-02-2010, 08:41 AM
We used Amigo on our trip Jan 11-24 this year. We generally use Tropic, but Hans was sold out for that time frame. Amigo does have an airport location - last one on the right. They charge an additional 10% for the airport location, but if you add the cost of a cab to their off-airport location, the difference was minimal, and it was more convenient for us to get the car and return it right at the airport.

We had no problem with Amigo at all. We rented a Yaris which was in good condition and worked fine. Only "hitch" was when we returned the car on Sun, Jan 24 at 10:30. The office was locked! :eek: I called them and the girl that answered said they were "on their way". :rolleyes: She contacted them by phone to see just where they were and they were "at the light at the entrance of the airport"! They arrived minutes later and we were on our way ... not a big deal.

We would use Amigo again without question. :)

that happened to us last oct. we called using the hertz rental shop and they said to park the car in their lot and leave the keys under the mat. everything went smooth.

musicityman
02-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Amigo is great. We did have trouble with the vehicle but they were on the spot with another within 20 minutes and we were on the north end of the island.
Their honesty and customer service are superior. Fleet needs a little work but even after hours they were right there with another vehicle. Much better service than I have ever received out of any US company. I am renting from them again.

kthy66
02-02-2010, 08:25 PM
they do have an airport location. it's the 3rd or 2nd to the last set of car rental shops across from the baggage claim. but remember, all airport pick ups cost an extra 8-10% for airport surcharge fee levied by the govt.

Yeh my mistake I was confusing them with Tropic whom we rented with recently.

Purple
02-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Does anybody know if Amigo has Mini vans? I've used them before and was very satisfied. I will be returning to Aruba with 4 friends and we want to use a bigger car, but not so expensive.

Arubalisa
02-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Does anybody know if Amigo has Mini vans? I've used them before and was very satisfied. I will be returning to Aruba with 4 friends and we want to use a bigger car, but not so expensive.
Yes http://www.amigocar.com/models_rates.html (http://www.amigocar.com/models_rates.html)

Kia Carnival or Mitsubishi Grandis