PDA

View Full Version : Transport to Hotel

jcszyman
12-25-2009, 07:42 PM
What's the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? Specifically, the Divi Dutch Village. Taxi? Bus? is there a hotel shuttle service?

Thanks!

Sunny Beaches
12-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Taxi, $22.00, no local bus service unless you want to drag your bags out to the highway! There are taxi's at the airport, but see if you can find Bully the taxidriver on this board, I dont have his e-mail handy, alot of us on this board use him on a all the time basis, very dependable. Taxi's on per cab not per person, prices set by the Goverment. Max 5 people, price for two or five is the same.

cindyo
12-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Taxi, quick, easy and no hassles. Try Bully, he's the best. cindy

rob o
12-26-2009, 04:29 PM
There are taxi's at the airport, but see if you can find Bully the taxidriver on this board, I dont have his e-mail handy, alot of us on this board use him on a all the time basis, very dependable.

bullytaxi79@hotmail.com

ksw5487
02-07-2010, 03:45 PM
First trip and was curious if there is bus transport to hotel as I didn't see transfers in eticket.

Thanks
Kim

cindyo
02-07-2010, 03:56 PM
I am betting not....you are much, much, much better off taking a cab right outside the airport to your hotel. Its direct. The buses stop at every hotel. You could also our pal BULLY for a pickup at bullytaxi79@hotmail.com. He's the best.

Arubalisa
02-07-2010, 04:03 PM
You could ask your travel agent. I would think if it were including you would need a voucher. :confused:

Mikey
02-07-2010, 05:42 PM
What is the price of using the Coach transfers verse going through Bully (Taxi)

Angelwhispers31
02-07-2010, 06:43 PM
I tried bully and never got a reply? :(

Andrea J.
02-07-2010, 07:40 PM
contact bully again

use the private message feature here
or
his email
and check your junk folder
the return email from bully comes back as amador lacle

Andrea J.
02-07-2010, 07:42 PM
the coach vs taxi

taxi wins imo

i am unsure of depalm's voucher pricing
but the taxi is not much more of that i am sure.

What is the price of using the Coach transfers verse going through Bully (Taxi)

sunnysmiles
02-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Here are the taxi rates (http://www.arubabound.com/transp/taxi_fares.htm)

Angelwhispers31
02-07-2010, 08:34 PM
not in my junk and I dont think I have PM yet...but I will try again,

TomFrederick
02-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Think your travel agent was thinking you wanted a excellent vacation.
Yes, there is a bus that some travel agents will sell you a ticket for.
But it stops at almost every resort before getting to your resort. I guess if you wanted to see a little of Aruba you do get a good tour.
Many cabs always waiting and its the way to go.

Arubalisa
02-08-2010, 10:13 AM
not in my junk and I dont think I have PM yet...but I will try again,
Do you have the correct email address?
bullytaxi79@hotmail.com (bullytaxi79@hotmail.com)

Sgroi135
02-08-2010, 11:01 AM
I vote for Bully.... I arranged him for July already.

Last trip I had DePalm included in my trip, and we still paid for Bully. I didn't want to stop at every hotel. I was staying at The Radisson so there would be a lot of stops. over 4 hours on the plane was enough with wife and 2 little kids!!

ksw5487
02-09-2010, 10:52 PM
ok so I will give the agent one more day and then I will email Bully,

Thanks for the info
Kim

ksw5487
02-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Well I got my reply and yes we have transfers and I don't think we need to worry about being on the coach too long, we are staying at the Divi Village so I think that it's close to the beginning of the hotel strip.

Thanks
Kim

Sunny Beaches
02-11-2010, 12:24 PM
It won't be the first stop, but it's before all the high rises, maybe #3?

Danny and lynne
02-14-2010, 12:26 PM
we are coming for our first trip to Aruba and staying at the Divi village. how much should we expect to pay for a cab ride from the airport. also wondering how this resort is?

Liz - Aruba Lover
02-14-2010, 12:29 PM
we are coming for our first trip to Aruba and staying at the Divi village. how much should we expect to pay for a cab ride from the airport. also wondering how this resort is?

$22.00 for taxi (not per person) to Divi Village from the airport. If a Sunday or Aruban holiday, there is a $3.00 (per taxi) surcharge.

Sunny Beaches
02-14-2010, 04:17 PM
The Divi a nice, clean 3 !/2 star, also by staying there you can use her sister resort, the Yamarjin, both right on the beach.

kewlkate
02-15-2010, 01:27 PM
I vote for Bully as well. We have used his services many times and as ALWAYS very satisified!

Darlsay
02-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Bully is not available when we arrive on Thursday. Is there anyone else recommended to greet us at the airport and take us to the westin?

Sunny Beaches
02-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Bully has uncles,cousins, and the like you should still be able to have him make arrangements?

dshaw28
02-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Hi,

I'll be staying at the Marriott Surf Club in May and was wondering what would be the best way to get from the airport to the hotel. I'll be traveling with 3 other adults and 1 child.

Thanks.

Andrea J.
02-22-2010, 02:07 PM
the taxi fare for 5 persons or less
airport to marriott is $25 not including tip
there is a surcharge of $3 for sunday, holiday or very late nights

i took the liberty of moving your thread to this category.

Liz - Aruba Lover
02-22-2010, 02:08 PM
De Palm Tours offers transportation. They charge per person. A taxi will be the cheapest way to get to the Marriott from the airport. Taxi's are linked up outside the airport. The fare is $25.00 (per taxi, not per person). If you are arriving on a Sunday or a Aruban holiday, there is a $3.00 taxi surcharge.

dshaw28
02-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Sounds like taking a cab is the best way then, as long as they are lined up out front like you said.

Thanks!

cindyo
02-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Hi,

I'll be staying at the Marriott Surf Club in May and was wondering what would be the best way to get from the airport to the hotel. I'll be traveling with 3 other adults and 1 child.

Thanks.

Contact our favorite driver from this site....Bullytaxi79@hotmail.com

He picks us and lots of others up at the airport. Email him and he will respond...we love him...

Sunny Beaches
02-22-2010, 03:34 PM
There are a great number of us on this board that use Bully, great service and very dependable friendly person, highly recommend!bullytaxi79@hotmail.com (bullytaxi79@hotmail.com)

dshaw28
02-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks I will definately reach out to him. We're not coming in until May 2nd, do you think it's too early to send him an e-mail now?

Dana

Arubalisa
02-23-2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks I will definately reach out to him. We're not coming in until May 2nd, do you think it's too early to send him an e-mail now?

Dana
No not at all.

cindyo
02-23-2010, 03:14 PM

Dana

DO it now !!!!!!:>) He has a big schedule and likes to accomodate everyone.

kam175
02-23-2010, 03:40 PM
DO it now !!!!!!:>) He has a big schedule and likes to accomodate everyone.

I just booked with Bully! :). We will be arriving in May. He responded very fast.

lrealnurse
02-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Since we are talking about ground transportation, I have a question. I am used to Bermuda, where we can take the buses all around the island. In fact, we like walkiing around the island. We are staying at the TAM/Divi and we would like to be able to take the buses all around the island. Do you think this is possible? I think this would be the cheapest way for us as we like to explore on our own and find "hidden treasures." Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Lisa

Andrea J.
02-24-2010, 09:01 AM
there are tons of buses.
those bus routes are very very convenient for those in the hotel/beach areas (including the tamarijn/divi).
it gets difficult if you want to take the bus down to baby beach. i know the buses run as fas as san nicholas, but not as far as the baby beach.

so for transportation between arashi and san nic, and everything in between the buses are perfect.
public buses at airport involve a bit of a walk and dragging luggage and much inconvenience......i do not recommend.

for other touring i recommend taking a private tour.
1 that i recommend is www.pitaruba.com it is about $40 per hour and a 2 hour tour is sufficient. i have done this tour with cerry and it is awesome.

another that i can recommend is Bully contact by private message on this site
TAXIDRIVER if he cannot take you himself on a tour he can advise on wo can.

and car rental.......is always an option.
a toryota yaris can be rentd for a little less than $200 a week.

Since we are talking about ground transportation, I have a question. I am used to Bermuda, where we can take the buses all around the island. In fact, we like walkiing around the island. We are staying at the TAM/Divi and we would like to be able to take the buses all around the island. Do you think this is possible? I think this would be the cheapest way for us as we like to explore on our own and find "hidden treasures." Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Lisa

lrealnurse
02-24-2010, 10:09 AM
Thansk so much for the great advice.. can't wait to go.
Lisa

Arubalisa
02-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Public buses also do not go to Arikok National Park. Imo a "must see".

lrealnurse
02-24-2010, 10:21 AM
ok, this is good to know. I would love to see this National Park. Would this be a private tour or are there companies that offer tours with the 4 wheelers, ect..?
Lisa

Sunny Beaches
02-24-2010, 11:02 AM
imo, rent a car for 1 or 2 days, and see the island at your own pace, it's safe and you won't get lost, just stay out of the sand. Also from the Tam to downtown is $2.30 pp round trip, taxi from airport around $25.00 per taxi not per person.bullytaxi79@hotmail.com (bullytaxi79@hotmail.com) Highly recommend.

Arubalisa
02-24-2010, 11:12 AM
To see the national park you have plenty of options:

horseback
ATV
jeep tour
rental car on your own
bus tour
private taxi tour
hiking

MrsDH
04-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Hi.
Quick Question......
I am going to the travel agent Thursday to Book the Honeymoon for November !! Yeah So excited now that Jet Blue finally got there prices up for November !
Anyways just wondering, Does the Raddison have a shuttle service from the airport or will I need to take a Taxi ? And If so about how much would I expect to pay in USD for the Taxi ride ? ( Tip... etc ??? )
Thanks !!! :)

Liz - Aruba Lover
04-20-2010, 12:41 PM
None of the resorts on Aruba have a shuttle from the airport. Taxi fare to the Radisson is $25. If a Sunday or Aruban holiday there is a $3.00 per taxi surcharge. Taxi fares are per taxi, not per person. Maximum # of people in a taxi is 5 persons. Taxi's are lined up outside the airport.

Your travel agent may suggest using De Palm Tours, a transfer service from the airport. I would suggest taking a taxi. De Palm Tours charges $20 per person one way. At $25 for a taxi you would saving $15 each way as you would be paying $40 one way for De Palm. Plus its faster by taxi then waiting on the bus while the bus drops off people at other hotels.

MrsDH
04-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Except we are flying in on a Sunday and out on a Sunday due to the marriage being on a Sat.......
So the Taxi will be 28.00 each way ? To and from the airport ?
Then do I tip on top of that ? I just want to know how to prepare for this, how much to have in my carryon purse.
Also is this 28.00 USD ?

Andrea J.
04-20-2010, 01:12 PM
yes the $28 is in US dollars
the rates are based on one way

tip is optional, but if the fee is $28, i would probably tip $5

Except we are flying in on a Sunday and out on a Sunday due to the marriage being on a Sat.......
So the Taxi will be 28.00 each way ? To and from the airport ?
Then do I tip on top of that ? I just want to know how to prepare for this, how much to have in my carryon purse.
Also is this 28.00 USD ?

Cyrilo Croes
04-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Taxidrivers are self employed and do not rely on tips.

rob o
04-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Taxidrivers are self employed and do not rely on tips.

But do accept them graciously...;>). we're happy to tip for acceptional service.

Andrea J.
04-20-2010, 06:42 PM
most everyone i know who uses aruban taxis do get exceptional service and do tip.

kind of like the same dilemma of going to the hair salon and having the owner "do" your hair? do you tip the owner? i do and it has always been graciously accepted.

it is nice to know though, that the taxi drivers are self employed and not at the mercy of a cheapskate employer that pay their employees minimum, so that tips are very much part of their salary.

aruba taxis are by far the best.
ever been in a taxi in cancun? st thomas? london? paris? and "live" to tell your tale? ;)

sunnysmiles
04-20-2010, 06:55 PM
I highly recommend a taxi over the DePalm bus. When you walk outside of the airport just go to the left and there are taxi's lined up - very easy and quick! We always carry lots of $1 and $5 bills for tips.

danadog56
04-20-2010, 09:49 PM
It's pretty far in advance but many of us use Bully as our taxi driver...he can be reached by emailing him at .... bullytaxi79@hotmail.com
He is always pleasant and always on time. He will meet you with a sign with your last name on it...see if he has availability for you...this will make your vacation/honeymoon on the coolest island in the caribbean even more enjoyable !!!

rob o
04-21-2010, 08:10 AM
It's pretty far in advance but many of us use Bully as our taxi driver...he can be reached by emailing him at .... bullytaxi79@hotmail.com
He is always pleasant and always on time. He will meet you with a sign with your last name on it...see if he has availability for you...this will make your vacation/honeymoon on the coolest island in the caribbean even more enjoyable !!!

Bully is the way to go! He has been our #1 driver these past 2 weeks. We're always happy to get into his large cab. cindyo

MrsDH
04-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Thanks for all the great advice !
I will email Bully even though its way in advance !
:)
He sounds like the way to go, no stress !

Arubalisa
04-21-2010, 11:09 AM
http://www.arubabound.com/transp/bully_card.jpg

Love Aruba
04-21-2010, 11:25 AM
We contacted Bully several months ago for our trip next month. He e-mailed me that evening, and we are all set up. Bless his heart, our flight has been changed 3 times and when I e-mail him with the change he is quick to tell me the time will be ok. He seems so nice by his e-mails and we can't wait to meet him.
Can't wait to get to Aruba next month and meet Bully along with our 90,000 new friends. LOL