PDA

View Full Version : Any Tips Flying Out of Philly... Prices Thru the Roof!

bowlady
02-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site but have used it many times in the past years and have found the information members give to be very useful in traveling to Aruba. I will be traveling this year with 11 family members, 2 of which will be 2 at the time. Hubbie and I usually make the trek to Newark (airfares are usually cheaper than flying out of Phila). But with 3 grandchildren coming this time, I would like to fly out of Philadelphia since travel time will be less. Any help with cheaper airfares would be greatly appreciated.

bowlady
02-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Sorry, was so excited to post that I totally forgot dates: we will be leaving in in the beginning of August. Thanks

Andrea J.
02-16-2010, 07:57 PM
USAIR out of philly
flight 853
nonstop
7:55 am
unsure if it goes on the weekdays, but is scheduled on weekends

bowlady
02-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Thanks so much. Our timeshare is Friday to Friday. I truely appreciate your help. I guess I will keep searching and hope for the best.

Chadd
02-17-2010, 02:46 AM
Just checked Expedia and US Airways websites and the best deal I found was $550 round trip through Charlotte. That's not bad for Aruba.

You can save almost $50 out of Newark on American through Miami or non stop on Continental for $575 or so.

If you drive to Baltimore you can knock it down to $450 or so on American through Miami.

With 11 people, I would talk to a travel agent or the airline and see if you can get a discounted price for a group that large. I wouldn't count on much though.

The prices will all fluctuate from day to day, you can always watch and hope that you can get enough empty seats at that time.

Chadd
02-17-2010, 02:46 AM
USAIR out of philly
flight 853
nonstop
7:55 am
unsure if it goes on the weekdays, but is scheduled on weekends
Only on weekdays during the winter/spring

The only flight on US Airways at that time is the flight from Charlotte.