PDA

View Full Version : internet or wifi at Renaissance Ocean Suites?

zim2dive
03-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Did some searching and found links to SETAR,... when they say Renaissance Marina Yacht Club does that also include the Ocean Suites side?

so I guess 2 questions..

a) does SETAR cover both halves of the Ren?
b) if not, what options/prices does the Ren offer?

the Ren lists on their website:
High-speed Internet access

Public Areas: Wireless

Guest Rooms: Wired

Meeting Rooms: Wired, Wireless

but I'm not clear if that is free or paid.

trying to decide if we'll bring a laptop or not.

14 days and counting!

and as a bonus question, has anyone tried VOIP over one of these connections? I have VOIP at home and should be able to make calls from a laptop just as if I was at home, I think...

thanks!
Mike

cindyo
03-01-2010, 12:27 PM
My husband brings his laptop for work for the 2 weeks we are at the Renn suites. It is charged to the room and there is a wire for the connection. I don't know about the marina towers, sorry.

rob o
03-01-2010, 06:56 PM
$50 per week.

Liz - Aruba Lover
03-01-2010, 07:00 PM
The Marina Towers is the same price for internet at the Marina Towers.

vince
06-15-2010, 03:25 AM
and as a bonus question, has anyone tried VOIP over one of these connections? I have VOIP at home and should be able to make calls from a laptop just as if I was at home, I think...

thanks!
Mike

Yes you can do VoIP over Wifi but it depends on the number of users at any given moment, you might or might not get a good connection or voice quality. I have a Onesuite VoIP service and I always make VoIP calls over Wifi (free) on malls or coffee shops using my notebook. Sometimes I get a very good connection especially if there's only a couple of people with their laptops and sometimes I get really bad connection if the place is full.