PDA

View Full Version : Another La Cabana Question

Angelwhispers31
03-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Ok, since you guys have convinced us to bring food (thanks so much for that), my husband asked if there was anywhere for us to use a grill? He mentioned that some hotels/resorts have sections that have grills and is wondering if La Cabana is one of those resorts?

Also, the renovation map confuses me. I am a bluegreen owner and have never used my timeshare for La Cabana so when I look at the chart it confuses me. I know that we have 2 third floor 1 bedroom units and 1 ground floor stuido unit (I believe they are all garden view), but aside from calling, how do I figure out if the rooms have been renovated.

I really don't care, but as I have five other people going with me, there is one or two that want to know. Personally, I don't plan to spend too much time in my room, but whatever, you know how some people are!!!!

Thanks for any information!!!

ETA : I can call bluegreen to see which rooms were are assigned if that would help get better information

Andrea J.
03-14-2010, 02:55 PM
kisha find out the unit number from bluegreen and then i will tell you if it is renovated (although there is never a 100% guarantee that you will get that exact room.)

YES to the grills at lacabana plenty of them although very hot and unshady locations

Ok, since you guys have convinced us to bring food (thanks so much for that), my husband asked if there was anywhere for us to use a grill? He mentioned that some hotels/resorts have sections that have grills and is wondering if La Cabana is one of those resorts?

Also, the renovation map confuses me. I am a bluegreen owner and have never used my timeshare for La Cabana so when I look at the chart it confuses me. I know that we have 2 third floor 1 bedroom units and 1 ground floor stuido unit (I believe they are all garden view), but aside from calling, how do I figure out if the rooms have been renovated.

I really don't care, but as I have five other people going with me, there is one or two that want to know. Personally, I don't plan to spend too much time in my room, but whatever, you know how some people are!!!!

Thanks for any information!!!

ETA : I can call bluegreen to see which rooms were are assigned if that would help get better information

Angelwhispers31
03-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Andrea, they are closed today so I will have to find out tomorrow and post then!!

Thanks for the information about the grills!!!

Arubalisa
03-14-2010, 04:21 PM
YES to the grills at lacabana plenty of them although very hot and unshady locations
How do they work it out with the grills?
First come first served?

Angelwhispers31
03-14-2010, 04:57 PM
arubalisa that was my next question. Although I wont be the one standing in the heat cooking...lol

Andrea J.
03-14-2010, 05:23 PM
"grill timing"
there are at least 4, maybe 5 large grills.

we have never had an issue waiting.
but this last trip, charlie and i were waiting in the unit for paul to come back with the food that he had been out grilling. we waited and waited and waited.

well, charlie went out to look for him to make sure he had not set himself ablaze.
i proceeded to wait and wait.
paul, charlie and 2 other grilling husbands were sitting around in the blazing sun.....sucking down balashis while food sat UNCOOKED. (inside some guys cooler)

the only delay in the grilling i can tell you is that the "men folk" turn into very thirsty chatterboxes while bonding at the grills.

paul's total time at the grill 2+hrs.
time to grill actually needed 20 minutes

Arubalisa
03-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Too funny. :D :doh: :D :doh: :D

Angelwhispers31
03-14-2010, 06:17 PM
awwww I guess I better go stand over him to make sure he cooks the food and not drink Balashi and bond...especially not while I am hungry...lol or maybe just bypass grilling all together lol I am sure that WONT happen

thanks for the information

xobxdoc
03-15-2010, 10:15 AM
nag, nag, nag!
;)

xobxdoc
03-16-2010, 06:22 AM
It wasn't meant in an "unfunny"way. My apologies to those offended. It was just one of the lesser known Clint Eastwood lines.

Angelwhispers31
03-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Ok Andrea, here are all the room numbers 313 a & c, 127a, 129a, and 137b.

Thanks!!

Andrea J.
03-16-2010, 09:56 AM
313 a and c YES renovated

all others not yet

Angelwhispers31
03-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Great!! Thanks a lot!!

Angelwhispers31
03-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Ok, I hope yall don't get tired of me.

But, yes, I have another question!!!

My cousin can ship things thru her company via UPS for free! So we decided that we would ship our meats and food to Aruba and have them arrive either the same day or the day after we got there.

We called La Cabana to ask if this was possible and she said no and that we could not even bring food in our bags. hmmmm I am sure she got that last part wrong, so now I am questioning her answer to the main question (can we ship it there?). Does anyone know if we are not allowed to ship things to La Cabana?

THanks for any information!!!! AGAIN!!!!

Andrea J.
03-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Maybe LaCabana does not want to be the recipient of the UPS pkg.
YES you can bring food in your bags to aruba.
But, shipping separately may open up a whole new can of worms.

QUESTION if you ship in stuff UPS will there be a DUTY/tax on it and it will be more hassle than its worth?

Andrea J.
03-16-2010, 08:15 PM
are you staying more than a week?

Ok, I hope yall don't get tired of me.

But, yes, I have another question!!!

My cousin can ship things thru her company via UPS for free! So we decided that we would ship our meats and food to Aruba and have them arrive either the same day or the day after we got there.

We called La Cabana to ask if this was possible and she said no and that we could not even bring food in our bags. hmmmm I am sure she got that last part wrong, so now I am questioning her answer to the main question (can we ship it there?). Does anyone know if we are not allowed to ship things to La Cabana?

THanks for any information!!!! AGAIN!!!!

Angelwhispers31
03-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Monday thru Sunday!

But she didn't know that because we didnt give her any names or dates!

SusanRN
03-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi we just recently stayed at La Cabana. Thought it was a great and friendly place. We too brought food, but didn't grill. Our very large 1 bedroom 2 bath suite was located on the fourth floor facing the chapel. From our balcony on the opposite side, we could view a very large and busy grill. I think guests were sharing it, and it looked to be a propane type of grill. The kitchen in our unit was very easy to clean if we prepared a meal. My sister-in law too grilled meat at home and froze it.
We had breakfast and lunch in and ventured out in the evening after enjoying the very inexpensive happy hour and dancing at the LA Cabana pool bar. We truly had a blast.
Enjoy your vacation. One tip however, don't let the timeshare people hook you into chewing up your time. The days in sunny beautiful days in Aruba pass too quickly.

Angelwhispers31
03-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks for all the answers to my many questions!!

we very much appreciate it!