PDA

View Full Version : Lacabana

sunworshipperII
04-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Does anyone know, if they have kitchen facilities. I can't see it on the website..

Andrea J.
04-13-2010, 07:03 PM
LACABANA BRC HAS kitchens!

sunworshipperII
04-13-2010, 08:36 PM
What BRC????

ChuckiesDad
04-13-2010, 09:23 PM
What BRC????

La Cabana Beach and Racquet Club Aruba

xobxdoc
04-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Calling it a racquet club is a bit of a stretch. There is a racquet ball court in the gym and the tennis courts are available but are run by the Aruban.
The kitchens are fully stocked with everything you need.

Andrea J.
04-14-2010, 09:21 AM
if you are not a tennis player you might not notice
there are LOTS of tennis players at the LACABANA BRC and ARUBAN

lots of owners bought there due to the tennis.

Calling it a racquet club is a bit of a stretch. There is a racquet ball court in the gym and the tennis courts are available but are run by the Aruban.
The kitchens are fully stocked with everything you need.

sunworshipperII
04-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Is it a good place to stay....we usually stay at marriott surf.....or have stayed at HI...
thinking of this trip staying there so its cheaper and has kitchen facilities if we want...
Nervous though.....what do you guys think

Randi
04-14-2010, 10:58 AM
It really depends on what you want...

If you enjoy all the "stuff" at the high rise district then consider the Playa Linda as a less expensive alternative to the Surf Club.

La Cabana is a nice resort but the area is quieter and you don't have places to walk to at night. Very nice beach. Some don't like the fact that you have to cross the street to get to the beach. When we stayed there (years ago) we didn't find it much of an issue but some do.

Very personal decision and only you can make it based on what you like.

Andrea J.
04-14-2010, 10:58 AM
i have no complaints about lacabana we like it there a lot.

be aware there is major renovation underway and it will last for 20 more months.
already been about 2 yrs. ALL units being gutted and renovated. they are more than halfway complete.

sunworshipperII
04-14-2010, 11:34 AM
So noisy you think??????I am so confused........

sunworshipperII
04-14-2010, 11:35 AM
But the price is great.......
So there is a kitchen even in the studios

Andrea J.
04-14-2010, 12:39 PM
yes there is a kitchen in the studio

EVERY unit has a kitchen.

Andrea J.
04-14-2010, 12:40 PM
we heard noise in january from the renovations, but it was not an issue for us.

So noisy you think??????I am so confused........

Andrea J.
04-14-2010, 12:41 PM
if you tell me the unit number that you are renting i can tell u if it has been renovated, where it is located and if it is near the renovation noise/activity.

sunworshipperII
04-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Andrea its 238b, how do I know this person really owns, she said to send payment and within 4 weeks she will send confirmation... she wants payment in full everyone else I have rented from takes 1/2 now and 1/2 when confirmation arrives...
Thanks.
Also someone else has 222a...

Andrea J.
04-14-2010, 10:06 PM
238 b is not yet renovated
but may be by next yr.

typically most folks ask for half down at reservation and then final payment a few months out....if someone rents from me, i take half down and then take final at least 90 days out.

i will find out desiree's email from lacabana or maybe liz - aruba lover can inquire for you as she is there right now.
i will send her this thread by email.

pls post the dates and the unit number....i will ask liz to check to see if the on ere is a member in good standing and has the right to be renting out the unit.

ps
it is too early for you to be required to be paid in full.
july or august would be more reasonable

sunworshipperII
04-14-2010, 10:25 PM
I know I have rented a number of times from people and always 1/2 now and the last time it wasn't until a month before the second payment..(30 days). so I am a little leary....I have the first week rented from the same person I rented last year at the surf but we are staying an extra week and don't want to spend as much so looking for something a little cheaper..
Its 238b week 6 she said her last name is Timpano. and the other unit is 222a this is the same week 6 I just starting emailing her so I don't know if its rennovated yet..or the payment schedule..
Thanks..
Hey are you going down next year?? Hopefully we can meet up.

Andrea J.
04-14-2010, 10:30 PM
will pass on that info to liz and she can check with desiree in the office and get back to you on this thread

high season (wk 6) owners can make the rules it is prime time and units are hard to come by.
i rented out a week jan 22 (fri to fri) rented it to a couple in mid october. payment in full at time of reservation.

sunworshipperII
04-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah I can see oct but this is april...just waiting I guess for the right one to come my way... I really would prefer to be on palm so just bide my time I guess thanks for all your help...

~Amy~®
04-15-2010, 07:41 AM
My husband and I have rented a few times from LaCabana owners in the past. We have always paid the full amount upfront to the owner and never had any problems. However, prior to paying, I would email LaCabana directly and give them the owner's name, the unit #, and the week # to confirm that they did own that particular week and their fees were paid for the year. LaCabana always got back to me within a couple of days and everything has always worked out great. You can email them directly at:

desiree.h@lacabanabrc.com (desiree.h@lacabanabrc.com)

I would keep all copies of paperwork/emails from LaCabana and the owner with me just in case at check-in but I never had to use any of them.

We've rented both one bedrooms and studios there and actually preferred the studio (kitchen area had a better set-up and more room.)

cukiecutr
04-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Do you know if LaCabana has laundry facilities? We will be at Amsterdamn for two weeks but our friend is giving us their card so we can go over to LaCabana. We are hoping we can do a load of laundry and not have to pack for two full weeks. I'll have enough extra stuff with all the wedding stuff....If there is not one there, is there a laundrymat cloe by? Thanks.....

Andrea J.
04-15-2010, 06:35 PM
there are laundry facilities on each floor near the bank of elevators.
the 2nd floor laundry area are where they sell the tokens.

if i am not mistaken, 1 token per load of wash and 1 token per dryer load.
tokens cost $2 each
the dryer goes for 45 minutes which is quite adequate.
beforewarned......if you wash on WARM, choose the COLD setting.
the WARM is really quite HOT.

sunworshipperII
04-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks Amy and andrea