PDA

View Full Version : Marriott properties

Jens-Harley
07-18-2010, 02:05 PM
I am adding a day in front and a day on back of an existing reservation and want to use Marriott points. I have the choice of the Renaissance, Marriott Stellaris and the Marriott Surf Club. Does anyone have any advice on which is the best place?

Thanks,

Jen

DANNYO
07-18-2010, 02:31 PM
I don't think that you could use points at the Surf,but if you can do it.Staying at the Surf you still have access to the other properties...Ocean Club ,Surf Club and the Marriott Hotel.All great choices.I have never stayed at the Renn,but people that do love it.

Arubalisa
07-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Danny, if I stay at the Surf Club can I use the swimming pools and palapas at the Ocean Club and Stellaris? :confused:

DANNYO
07-18-2010, 03:17 PM
I think you can.During high season i know you cant use the Surf property if you stay at the Ocean or Marriott.The only thing I know is that you cant use the lazy river if you are staying at the Ocean Club or the Marriott.

Jens-Harley
07-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Dannyo - I am able to get the Surf Club for points. I was surprised too when it popped up.

I decided to try the first night at the Ren Suites and the last night at the Surf Club (it will be nice to have the washer and dryer to wash up all of the clothes before packing to go home).

Thanks!

Andrea J.
07-18-2010, 03:31 PM
ahhhh wise thinking re: washer and dryer!!

qlaval
07-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Danny, if I stay at the Surf Club can I use the swimming pools and palapas at the Ocean Club and Stellaris? :confused:

Not anymore...
The only remaining reciprocity is between the Ocean Club and the Stellaris pools (not the palapas...)

Jens-Harley
07-18-2010, 04:00 PM
I am more of a beach person. Is the any trouble getting palapas at the Surf club?

DANNYO
07-18-2010, 05:15 PM
No proplem,some of them are free some not.:mad:

DANNYO
07-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Dannyo - I am able to get the Surf Club for points. I was surprised too when it popped up.

A few years ago we were supposed to go to Hawaii and we couldn't use points.Thats good to know.

Jens-Harley
07-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks!

Randi
07-19-2010, 10:06 AM
You can use your points at the Surf Club, at this point, during the gold season as they are not sold out of timeshare units yet. During Platinum and Platinum Plus season they are either sold out or "virtually" sold out so there are not units in which to offer for points.

Unfortunately, the allocation of points has changed and you need more points to use for a week (or any combination) than you did before.:mad:

Have fun at the Surf Club and enjoy that washer and dryer:D, I love it but not so much for when I go home but for when I am there so I don't have to bring so many clothes. Unfortunately, my kids do not seem to understand that concept!:doh:

Jens-Harley
07-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks Randi!

First trip to Aruba I hauled a huge suitcase filled with "what if" outfits that never saw the light of day.

Second trip to Aruba I focused on shorts and brought three or four dinner outfits (most still didn't see daylight).

Moral to the story this year is pack light, wash as needed and leave more room for souvenirs. :o)