PDA

View Full Version : Customs to and from Netherlands

MorganDK
10-07-2010, 05:36 AM
Hi!

Me again. ;)

I tried googling this... When shipping items to and from the netherlands - are there any import taxes ? I assume that shipping to and from any other EU country would result in taxes.

Also, the import tax in Aruba, is it beyond the 3% VAT or is that only levied on locally sold items or imports aswell ? I assume there are customs on certain types of goods on top of this...

Thanks,

Morgan

Arubalisa
10-07-2010, 07:23 AM
A discussion on import duties
Import Duties (http://www.aruba.com/forum/f34/import-duties-39404/?highlight=customs)

MorganDK
10-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Thanks! Thats answers my question as to import taxes.

Anyone know if there are special regulations to/from the Netherlands ?

Thanks,

Morgan

sy428
10-20-2010, 04:25 PM
I am thinking about taking a 32inch LCD TV set (check in luggage) with me when I go to Aruba next month. I wonder if the custom will allow me to bring it in. Do I need to pay the duty? How much? Any advice is appricated.

Arubalisa
10-20-2010, 05:52 PM
A discussion on import duties
Import Duties (http://www.aruba.com/forum/f34/import-duties-39404/?highlight=customs)

I am thinking about taking a 32inch LCD TV set (check in luggage) with me when I go to Aruba next month. I wonder if the custom will allow me to bring it in. Do I need to pay the duty? How much? Any advice is appricated.
If you don't claim it and are not discovered I suppose good for you.

If you do claim it, the duty on Electronics is 12.0 %

Penalty, if any, for not claiming it and being discovered... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Andrea J.
10-20-2010, 09:54 PM
would you be taking a huge chance checking an lcd tv ? the way they throw luggage around, i am not sure i would chance it........even if it was cushioned and was protected perfectly:confused::confused::confused:

If you don't claim it and are not discovered I suppose good for you.

If you do claim it, the duty on Electronics is 12.0 %

Penalty, if any, for not claiming it and being discovered... :confused: :confused: :confused:

sy428
10-20-2010, 11:38 PM
Thank you, I will have it packed in the original box. Well, that is my concern.
By the way, how much does it cost for a 32"LCD TV set in Aruba?

Schnauzerjoy
10-21-2010, 04:08 AM
I have bought a lot of electronics for my house and in general you can say that it is 20-120% more expensive than in the US depending on where you buy it. In average 50%.

sy428
10-21-2010, 04:54 PM
thank you.