PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl in Aruba

love aruba 99
10-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Will anyone be in Aruba for superbowl ( Feb. 6th ) Just booked my flight.

GO PATS !!!!!

badney
10-25-2010, 07:52 PM
We are there! Staying at the Divi Golf & Beach Resort. Where is the best place to watch? My DH and FIL (and me!) are excited to watch the big game in Aruba.

Andrea J.
10-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Busters garage

another good spot is Alhambra Cleos bar
another good spot is Champions at the Marriott Ocean Club

but BUSTERS is my 1st choice.

or u could host a super bowl party at the divi golf in your unit and really have a fun event!
We are there! Staying at the Divi Golf & Beach Resort. Where is the best place to watch? My DH and FIL (and me!) are excited to watch the big game in Aruba.

badney
10-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Busters Garage sounds great! We are there - rooting on both teams. I doubt our Seahawks are gonna make it :-)

sunworshipperII
10-25-2010, 11:12 PM
We will be there also for superbowl...we will be moving from marriott surf to holiday inn...on the sunday...for 5 extra days.... I know last year Moombas did a superbowl party too....

jeffnev
10-26-2010, 09:57 AM
We watched the world cup at Moomba Beach in July and it is a great place to watch. I know Busters and Champions have better tv's, but at Moomba you can go into the water during timeouts and halftime :cool: and you don't feel like you have given up a beach day to be inside...although the Super is basically at night. They are all a lot more fun than watching in NJ in cold February.

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;130/st/20110711/e/Aruba+Time%21%21/k/3a91/event.png (http://www.tickerfactory.com/)

purestone2004
10-26-2010, 10:14 AM
The Hyatt puts a tv in the ocean then sells tables and chairs to watch the game. I think it includes food/drinks etc. which makes it rather expensive but looks like it might be fun.

love aruba 99
10-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Busters garage

or u could host a super bowl party at the divi golf in your unit and really have a fun event!

WERE IS BUSTERS GARAGE ? :confused::confused:

Andrea J.
10-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Buster's is located Palm Beach area.
Sort of across and perpendicular to the Hyatt or the Occidental.
IT is in the SOUTH BEACH CENTRE
WHat is the name of that street:doh:

Liz - Aruba Lover
10-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Arawak Gardens where Salt & Pepper, Tango, Sopranos, etc. had a big TV set up last year for Super Bowl. Busters Garage at South Beach Centre is on Palm Beach Rd.

Andrea J.
10-29-2010, 06:32 PM
thank you liz :-)

sunworshipperII
10-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Do you know if you have to make reservations at any of these say the hyatt, moomba or busters.and if so when and how????

sunworshipperII
10-29-2010, 08:25 PM
ohoh my tickers gone

Liz - Aruba Lover
10-29-2010, 10:38 PM
Do you know if you have to make reservations at any of these say the hyatt, moomba or busters.and if so when and how????

Busters is a big bar with just a couple of tables. I would say they wouldn't take reservations. If you want to try to get a bar seat, get there real early. There is a lot of standing room at Busters. I never saw a TV inside the restaurant at Moomba's. I would assume that the TV is outside as it is at the Hyatt. At the restaurants at Arawak Gardens if the TV is outside (which I think they advertised last year that is where the TV was), I would think they would want people to order dinner and leave when finished. Salt & Pepper has a bar inside the restaurant. They probably wouldn't rush you to leave. Any place you go will have the game on.

purestone2004
10-30-2010, 12:49 PM
If I recall correctly the Hyatt had staff taking reservations at a hut on the beach.

MARK68
10-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Busters is the largest sports bar in Aruba. There are 25-40inch HD Tv's and 2 100ft HD Projectors and 3 40 inch TVs on a large deck and outside bar. Seating and tables for over 100 and on Superbowl seating for 200. No cover, drink specials, food specials and free give-aways. Website coming soon and on Facebook , Tailgate BBQ every Sunday before and during first game. Thanks to everyone who mentioned Busters.

love aruba 99
10-31-2010, 09:08 AM
Thank you andrea j & liz :) i will try it.

love aruba 99
10-31-2010, 09:21 AM
Busters is the largest sports bar in Aruba. There are 25-40inch HD Tv's and 2 100ft HD Projectors and 3 40 inch TVs on a large deck and outside bar. Seating and tables for over 100 and on Superbowl seating for 200. No cover, drink specials, food specials and free give-aways. Website coming soon and on Facebook , Tailgate BBQ every Sunday before and during first game. Thanks to everyone who mentioned Busters.
THANK YOU MARK68 :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Kelownaguy
11-14-2010, 11:27 PM
We'll be arriving at the Divi golf and Beach resort also on Feb 5th and will be looking for a SuperBowl party also, Busters sounds fine to me also

MARK68
11-15-2010, 02:57 AM
Just to let everyone know busters will be packed superbowl inside and out if anyone from site wants a table please send an e-mail at bustersaruba@aol.com or visit us soon on new website or facebook. Partner rusty not having good night with the steelers, pats looking good with defense.

dav9595
12-04-2010, 03:15 PM
I will be in aruba for the superbowl. I was wondering if the TV's will carry the game or will i have to go somewhere to watch it? any suggestions where to watch it at. We are staying at the marriott surf club.

Andrea J.
12-04-2010, 05:38 PM
super bowl is shown practically everywhere.
it will be on your tv options on your tv at the surf club.
practically every bar will have the superbowl on.
many folks will be going to BUSTERS to watch it on may of the large tvs.

love aruba 99
01-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Will anyone be in Aruba for superbowl ( Feb. 6th ) Just booked my flight.

GO PATS !!!!!

FEB. 3rd CAN'T COME FAST ENOUGH.

soccermom17
01-12-2011, 11:23 AM
This is the first year in many that I won't be there for the Super bowl.....going a little earlier this year........but I have found that Matthew's at CDM is a great place to watch!
Last year they offered their all you can eat ribs on Super bowl Sunday and had 3 big screen TV's set up. We were able to stay for the whole game. I thought it was so cool to
be able to watch the Super Bowl while sitting by the beach listening to the waves come in and enjoying an AWESOME meal...........not something we can do here in the winter!!

sunworshipperII
01-12-2011, 02:49 PM
May have to check that out we will be there ...want to watch it somewhere on the beach.

gsl5343
01-12-2011, 07:44 PM
We called Hyatt today and they will have more details two weeks prior to the Super Bowl. I will try to remember to post up here when we get the info. Last year I heard is was like $60.00 per person, but I believe it included food and drinks. We went to Moombas last year, but it was really really loud!!!! You can't even have a conversation it was so loud.

sunworshipperII
01-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Yeah I emailed them too, they told me as soon as they had the info they would email me...hopefully before we leave.... if not I will just have to go there AS soon as we arrive... Yeh I don't want lound like Moomba

MarthaC
01-13-2011, 04:32 PM
We have been in Aruba for the past 5 or 6 Superbowls-usually watch it at the Radisson. Spread out enough,lots of screens and not too too loud.

sunworshipperII
01-13-2011, 08:25 PM
Do you have to make a reservation..

MarthaC
01-14-2011, 12:54 PM
we never have

patpete
01-17-2011, 08:15 PM
I dont know about the superbowl but i did enjoy the jet pats game.The better team won.J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS.Cry me a river pats fans.LOL

sunworshipperII
01-18-2011, 03:46 PM
I know the jets definately were the better team on sunday...so no pats in superbowl I am bummed but oh well I will still be watching it in aruba so I don't care... theres always next year.

luvsun
01-18-2011, 03:47 PM
The Packers are looking pretty darn good right now....

sunworshipperII
01-18-2011, 07:00 PM
I agree....

soccermom17
01-18-2011, 08:46 PM
I agree as well!!!! Just hope they still are after Sunday!!!! Go Pack!!!!!!

Heather11
01-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Busters garage

I emailed them on 12/28 to reserve a table. Rusty did respond to me, but was back in the states at the time. He said that he would respond to me in a few days once he was back in Aruba, he never did. I sent two more emails (Jan 13th and 17th) and haven't heard back. I didn't know that Rusty was a Jets fan. I guess I made the mistake in my emails by saying "Go Pats" maybe this is why he hasn't responded after TWO emails...I guess our party of 7 will go elsewhere.

Andrea J.
01-20-2011, 03:06 PM
why don't you message MARK68 thru this forum.
he is one of busters owners

Heather11
01-21-2011, 09:23 AM
why don't you message MARK68 thru this forum.
he is one of busters owners

I did, and Rusty is the one who responded. Rusty is the other owner of Busters.:(

MARK68
01-21-2011, 09:54 AM
SORRY HEATHER NOT SURE WHICH E-MAIL YOU USED BUT WE CHANGED THE OLD ONE BUT ANYWAY IF STILL INTERESTED I WILL TAKE CARE OF IT. yOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT markstone68@aol.com. By the way rusty is a steeler fan from New york and I'm from the boston area and root for the home teams.

Andrea J.
01-21-2011, 10:13 AM
thanks for posting mark!
lots of fine folks are excited about being at the "superbowl caribbean".........aka busters!

MARK68
01-21-2011, 11:19 AM
The past few weeks we had to deal with some internal stuff and shorthanded with staff a few days so sorry about the delays. Being in Aruba during superbowl is a great time and alot of places have different type of parties to cater to everyone. Our policy for this day is no cover, options to buy ticket for buffet, order from menu, and outside tailgate BBQ. We have limited superbowl Balashi shirts that will come free with a bucket of beer. If you reserve a table please be here 1/2 hour before kick-off . seating inside and outside on deck. 1st e-mail bustersaruba@aol.com if problem e-mail me at markstone68@aol.com
My team is out so I hope it goes down to the last play.

skilz77
01-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks for reserving a spot for us Mark!

skilz77
01-24-2011, 10:19 AM
FYI the Hyatt Superbowl party is $60 per table chair or $100 per lounge chair which includes a buffet but NO alcoholic drinks.

Heather11
01-24-2011, 11:19 AM
SORRY HEATHER NOT SURE WHICH E-MAIL YOU USED BUT WE CHANGED THE OLD ONE BUT ANYWAY IF STILL INTERESTED I WILL TAKE CARE OF IT. yOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT markstone68@aol.com. By the way rusty is a steeler fan from New york and I'm from the boston area and root for the home teams.

I got an email from Rusty, and we are ALL SET! Thank you! Now I have to pick a team to root for....I was leaning towards the Steelers!! It should be a great game regardless!! Can't wait! It was -15 this morning!!!:eek:

MARK68
01-24-2011, 06:36 PM
HEATHER DONT BE MAD AT ME, BUT YESTERDAY OUR KITCHEN FELL APART FOR THE LAST GAME AS 100 ORDERS OF FOOD THE SAMETIME FLOODED THE KITCHEN AFTER A LONG DAY. WE ALSO HAD A SMALL KITCHEN FIRE TO DEAL WITH. SO RUSTY AND MYSELF TALKED AND WE ARE DOING A SUPERBOWL PARTY ON SUPERBOWL WHICH INCLUDES SEATING UNLIMITED BUFFET, BUCKET OF BEER PER A PERSON AND FREE GIVEAWAYS FOR A FIX FEE OF 55. Also limited menu AND THE OUTSIDE BAR WITH TVS ON DECK IS FREE ON A 1ST COME BASIS WITH A BBQ AVAILABLE. SORRY BUT RUSTY IS SUPPOSE TO NOTIFY PEOPLE WHO HAVE SENT E-MAIL .

skilz77
01-25-2011, 01:31 AM
Hi Mark, how many beers per bucket and do you know what kinds of food in the buffet? Thanks!

Heather11
01-25-2011, 11:01 AM
HEATHER DONT BE MAD AT ME, BUT YESTERDAY OUR KITCHEN FELL APART FOR THE LAST GAME AS 100 ORDERS OF FOOD THE SAMETIME FLOODED THE KITCHEN AFTER A LONG DAY. WE ALSO HAD A SMALL KITCHEN FIRE TO DEAL WITH. SO RUSTY AND MYSELF TALKED AND WE ARE DOING A SUPERBOWL PARTY ON SUPERBOWL WHICH INCLUDES SEATING UNLIMITED BUFFET, BUCKET OF BEER PER A PERSON AND FREE GIVEAWAYS FOR A FIX FEE OF 55. Also limited menu AND THE OUTSIDE BAR WITH TVS ON DECK IS FREE ON A 1ST COME BASIS WITH A BBQ AVAILABLE. SORRY BUT RUSTY IS SUPPOSE TO NOTIFY PEOPLE WHO HAVE SENT E-MAIL .

No problem Mark.......I'm sure we'll figure something out that night..........It sounds like many places are offering the same kind of "deal", so I guess it would make sense to go the same route!!! GO STACKARDS! PEELERS! Haven't picked a team yet to root for......so, it's a toss up!:)

Cosmo
01-25-2011, 06:45 PM
I just swung by Busters today looking for Mark. Spoke to Rusty he said the 55 dollars includes a bucket of Balashies (5) a t-shirt and a buffet with wings pasta etc.

sunworshipperII
01-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Cosmo see any other flyers anywhere else....I know they hyatt. how about the radisson.

MARK68
01-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Hello I just came back to Boston tonight will be back on Sunday. If anyone from the forum is on the island next week stop by aand have a beer on me. Sunworshipper Moomba is doing an outside party and Hard Rock also. Not sure of all of the specifics when i get back to island I will let u know if I see anything. Cosmo see u soon

Cosmo
01-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Not a lot of flyers up advertising the big game. Without the Eagles, Patriots or a NJ/NY team there really is not a big buzz. I will stop by and see you next week at Busters Mark, I also plan on stopping by Cafe Capri. I passed it on way from airport looks like a cool place. On the back page of Aruba today was a full page add about a Carnival flip flop beach party w free entrance two bands Tsunami and Dushi band to introduce the new Balashi Chill . It is Feb 13th at Village Square 4-pm -12-am

MARK68
01-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Cosmo, yes it will be good to see you we are having a pre super bowl party Friday before superbowl with one of the best rock/dance bands on the island JOYRIDE anyone from forum stop by and see me and drink on me. Claus the brewmaster from balashi and from same area of germany as my family stopped by Capri and Busters. Claus is a very nice guy and if anyone ever does the balashi tour ask if you could speak with him. His knowledge and experience in the brewing business is very impressive. Anyway he told me the new chill is going to be a lighter beer and similar in tatse to amstel Bright. Instead of going to private party introducing the beer tonight I'm shoveling snow.

Cosmo
01-27-2011, 06:13 AM
hopefully you can shovel out and get back to the Island where it is 76 degrees at 6:00 am. The new Balashi Chill sounds like a really great beer

love aruba 99
01-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Cosmo, yes it will be good to see you we are having a pre super bowl party Friday before superbowl with one of the best rock/dance bands on the island JOYRIDE anyone from forum stop by and see me and drink on me. Claus the brewmaster from balashi and from same area of germany as my family stopped by Capri and Busters. Claus is a very nice guy and if anyone ever does the balashi tour ask if you could speak with him. His knowledge and experience in the brewing business is very impressive. Anyway he told me the new chill is going to be a lighter beer and similar in tatse to amstel Bright. Instead of going to private party introducing the beer tonight I'm shoveling snow.

Mark I will be stoping by to see you

MARK68
01-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Ok please stop by and ask for me, i'm arriving tommorrow and will be there for 10 days, but spend time at both places so have staff call me if not there.

skilz77
01-29-2011, 10:10 PM
MooMba Beach Bar Superbowl party - "We will have 2 large screens on our beach with tables to rent. I have a total of 150 chairs available that include a bucket of 5 Miller Lites 12oz., Miller Lite T-shirt, Miller Lite beer coozie, for $75 per person. We will have a BBQ on the beach during the game as well (not included)."

love aruba 99
01-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Ok please stop by and ask for me, i'm arriving tommorrow and will be there for 10 days, but spend time at both places so have staff call me if not there.

Thanks Mark

suntandan
02-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Places to see superbowl:

Hyatt has a big screen in ocean seating with dinner or drinks package

Hooters if that's your thing

Hard Rick cafe

I will be at moomba bar on the beach :)

luvsun
02-04-2011, 10:25 PM
GO Packers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea J.
02-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Anxious to hear about the various super bowl parties were..........Busters, Champions, and all of the ones at the resorts.

post any reports here and i will eventually move the thread to My Aruba Story.

hope all was fun

luvsun
02-07-2011, 11:31 AM
What a game!! Gotta love those PACKERS....................

corona
02-07-2011, 01:32 PM
We watched a little of the game at the USAirways Club in Philly, and the pilot told us the final score as we landed at our home airport last night...:( <--- That's not for the final score; that's for being home again. I would have loved to have still been in Aruba to watch the game. My husband and I went by Buster's one evening, and it's a great looking bar in a fantastic location.

Ciboney
02-07-2011, 03:34 PM
We watched the Super Bowl at Busters. $55p/p which included a free bucket of beer (5), a t-shirt, and all you can eat buffet. Meatballs, sausage, pasta, chicken wings, build your own nachos, sub sandwich, salad, and a few veggies (might be forgeting something). All in all it was a great time! Not a bad seat in the house with all the tvs there. Was even able to hear the commercials! IMO Busters is the best place to watch any sporting event!

Andrea J.
02-07-2011, 03:58 PM
sounds like a win win ('cept for the steelers)
thanks for the report ciboney
We watched the Super Bowl at Busters. $55p/p which included a free bucket of beer (5), a t-shirt, and all you can eat buffet. Meatballs, sausage, pasta, chicken wings, build your own nachos, sub sandwich, salad, and a few veggies (might be forgeting something). All in all it was a great time! Not a bad seat in the house with all the tvs there. Was even able to hear the commercials! IMO Busters is the best place to watch any sporting event!

SanNic44
02-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Mrs. 44 and I walked the high-rise and low-rise areas, stopping to visit various friends during the game. Here are some photos:

http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2011/02/08/superbowl-in-aruba/

Bon dia.

love aruba 99
02-12-2011, 09:51 AM

Mark I just want to thank you. I was there Feb. 4th & 5th You have a great place there. I am also in the business ( bar & resturant ) I wish you much luck
Thanks Again
Love Aruba 99

sunworshipperII
02-21-2011, 02:14 PM
We watched it at the Hyatt, right on the beach, the screen was actually in the water..got a table with 4 chairs around it was a little pricey 70- got an all you could eat buffet nice night watching the sunset and then the game.. they had a few technical difficulties didn't get to see christina mess up, or the kick off (they gave us a free drink) was nice to do once don't know if I would do it again...

corona
02-21-2011, 03:06 PM
We watched it at the Hyatt, right on the beach, the screen was actually in the water..got a table with 4 chairs around it was a little pricey 70- got an all you could eat buffet nice night watching the sunset and then the game.. they had a few technical difficulties didn't get to see christina mess up, or the kick off (they gave us a free drink) was nice to do once don't know if I would do it again...
I'm really glad I read your post, sunworshipper. I can't believe I finally know why that screen was set up in the water. We stayed at the Hyatt this trip, and we saw them setting up the screen and wondered what it was for.