PDA

View Full Version : Lings Grocery Delivery?

pattie m.
01-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Hi, I believe I read that there are grocery stores that will deliver to hotels and the order will be there when you arrive. Can anyone tell me the names of them? Also, are there any exceptionally good candy stores? We are going in May for a wedding and would like to make a basket for the couple to leave in their hotel room. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Randi
01-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Glad you asked that as I would also like the answer.

cindyo
01-24-2008, 07:20 AM
Ling and sons, order on line, have delivered to your hotel. Great service, no complaints, do it al the time..................
Don't know of any candy stores, though I would imagine you can get some Dutch choc in the grocery store. Now that I think of it, there is a nice choc shop downstairs in the Renaissance Marina towers, but don't know the name.

Arubalisa
01-24-2008, 07:54 AM
Link to Ling and Sons Online Ordering (http://www.lingandsons.com/ling/getPage.do?page=ONLINE_SHOPPING)

jcmelly
01-24-2008, 08:04 AM
I was debating on ordering from Ling and Sons or just grabbing some yogurt, milk and that kind of stuff for snacks at the hotel. We are staying at the Raddisson, is there a store inside the Raddisson that would sell milk, water, and snack type things? Do they have little refrigerators in the rooms at the Raddisson?
Thanks for any advice.

Arubalisa
01-24-2008, 02:57 PM
I was debating on ordering from Ling and Sons or just grabbing some yogurt, milk and that kind of stuff for snacks at the hotel. We are staying at the Raddisson, is there a store inside the Raddisson that would sell milk, water, and snack type things? Do they have little refrigerators in the rooms at the Raddisson?
Thanks for any advice.
Yes to both, but the refrigerators are first come, first served. Not sure about the yogurt specifically at the Radisson's shop, but there is a mini market a short walk away at the Playa Linda Resort.

dlser
01-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Yes, the Radisson has a really good selection of yogurts, fruit in am.
Also, last year they were building lot of shops across from the
Radisson. Did those get built to completion?
If so, maybe there's a grocery/quick mart there.
denise

sagman17
01-25-2008, 10:06 PM
the name of the chocolate store in the seaport mall under the renaissance marina hotel is a taste of belgium..it was started by the gentlemen who used to own le dome..

pattie m.
01-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the helpful info! I appreciate it.

margaret wever
01-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Nice selection of Dutch treats at Super Food! Get some stroopwafels (warm them on hot tea cups before eating) and Scholiertje cookies with chocolate, Koetjesreep chocolate, and much more. Check also in their bakery for special cookies (pre-packed and fresh) and crackers (beschuit, Dutch jam, etc.) will make a fun basket for your friends.

Lorrie
03-14-2008, 07:00 PM
I just went online to place our order at Ling & Sons for delivery to Amsterdam Manor next week (!) and April 1st is the soonest I can get it sent. Is this right? Do they only deliver one day a month? It seems like the first of the month is the only days I'm able to pick. I didn't think there was a restriction - it sounds like a lot of people here use them often. Am I missing something???

DANNYO
03-14-2008, 08:22 PM
I checked online once and througt it might be a good idea to let them deliver,but looking at the list it was very limited.I would take a bus or cab and get the items myself.Ling and Sons has everything you need,but you would have to go to the store.

Lorrie
03-15-2008, 11:51 AM
I thought about going there (and yes, thought the list was pretty limited), but I'm trying to order food for 7 people and have it delivered on the day I'm getting married (the first full day we are there). The list online was sufficient for what we want - just some sandwich stuff and a couple of drinks.

Randi
03-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Check with the concierge and see if other grocery stores will deliver on different days. We shop at Ling and Sons and Honk KIng, both are good. It would be nice to have your food there when you arrive.

aquaman
03-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Lorrie

Bear in mind that next week ( Mar 17---) has 2 holidays in it in Aruba. Tues 18th is Flag day..a public holiday and also Friday is Good Friday and is observed in Aruba. Keep this in mind when planning things next week.

Aquaman

rob o
03-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Easter Monday (March 24th) is also a Holiday in Aruba.

MikeM
02-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Hi,

Has anyone used any of the grocery store delivery services? Which are the best:thumb: and worst:eek:. Will be at the Divi Links. Thanks in advance for the information.

:feedback:

Liz - Aruba Lover
02-12-2009, 12:01 PM
The only supermarket that has delivery service (that I know of) is www.lingandsons.com (http://www.lingandsons.com) which has not always be reliable.

cindyo
02-12-2009, 12:12 PM
We have never experienced any problems with delivery from Ling and sons. I highly recommend it...cindyo

arubashannie
02-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Does Ling and Sons charge a delivery fee? If so, do you happen to know what it is?

afortune
02-12-2009, 01:17 PM
I am familiar with grocery delivery at home (even though I have never used it)...is it the same in Aruba? I shop at Ling and Sons on every trip and I never knew they delivered....any information would be wonderful...thanks!!!

Arubalisa
02-12-2009, 02:01 PM
http://www.lingandsons.com/ling/getListingItemList.do?entityId=1 (http://www.lingandsons.com/ling/getListingItemList.do?entityId=1) Ling and Son Online Shopping

DinaCas
02-23-2010, 09:26 AM
I am traveling to the Marriott Surf Club with children and will be getting into Aruba quite late. I was wondering if any of the supermarkets delivered to the timeshares. It would be nice to have milk, water a few snacks. Thank you in advance.

Andrea J.
02-23-2010, 09:29 AM
yes the grocery store delivers
here is the link http://www.lingandsons.com/ling/home.do

also too some of the fast food places deliver too (pizza etc)

DinaCas
02-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Will their be plenty of cabs Easter week or should I arrange transportation?
Thank you in advance, again...Great forum!:)

Arubalisa
02-23-2010, 09:33 AM
http://www.lingandsons.com/ling/getPage.do?page=ONLINE_SHOPPING

Online Shopping @ Ling & Sons

Delivery times
We deliver from Monday to Saturday with time slots of (10:00am - 12:00pm) and (2:00pm - 4:00pm). We don't deliver on Sundays.

All orders must be received by 12noon for next day delivery.

Delivery charge/Pick-up charge
$3 pick-up charge for instore pick-up of customer,
$8 for delivery to customer ($3 pick-up charge plus $5 delivery charge. For every failed delivery add $5).

Minimum order limit of $50 or Afl. 88,50.
Restocking Fee of $10 in the case of cancelled orders. (Please read the Legal Disclaimer for more information)
Payment Options
Credit card transaction is the preferred method of payment. For those who cannot provide their credit card number online, please contact us at 297-5832370 or e-mail us at info@lingandsons.com (info@lingandsons.com) for more information.
Delivery locations
</B>We deliver to Oranjestad, and Hotel & timeshare areas only.
Prices are subject to change without notice. All products are subject to availability.

Please read the Legal Disclaimer (http://www.lingandsons.com/ling/getPage.do?page=LEGAL_DISCLAIMER) before shopping.
Start Shopping! (http://www.lingandsons.com/ling/getListingItemList.do?entityId=1)

corona
02-23-2010, 09:40 AM
Also, depending on what day you'll be arriving, Ling & Sons may be closed. We'll be arriving Easter Monday, which I found out is a holiday, and Ling & Sons will be closed.

We've traveled several times to Aruba over the Easter holiday, both the week before and the week after Easter depending on our kids' school break, and we've never had any problems getting a cab at the airport or hotel.

Alic
12-20-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi,
I am looking to use the delivery service at Lings. I looked at their website and noticed that they only offer a small amount of groceries for the online service. (No meat, frozen items, no bakery, limited drinks, etc.) Has anyone used this before? Do you know if they are adding grocery items? I want to use a delivery serivice but want to make sure they have all of my items that I will need. Thanks. :)

Arubalisa
12-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Some info at http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/ling%20and%20sons%20online.html

I am thinking that they are not going to be adding any additional items to their delivery choices in that they just updated their entire website.

Alic
12-21-2010, 09:09 AM
I'll be staying at the Marriott. Do you know if there is a little store near there to pick up the items that will be missing from my Lings order? Like bread, meat, bakery items? Thanks.:)

Arubalisa
12-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Honestly, if you are going to need meat and baked goods, your best bet is to have the delivery for your necessities for the first morning and then take a taxi to the grocery store and back OR take the bus to the store and they will call a taxi to take you back to your hotel.

Another option is to stop at the grocery store on your way to the resort from the airport but if your room is not ready upon arrival, then there is the question of what to do with your purchases.

Kelownaguy
12-24-2010, 02:39 PM
We're looking at the online shopping and notice that most important item(beer) can only be ordered in bottles, is there no cans or are some bottles aluminum or plastic?

Alic
01-11-2011, 10:55 PM
I sent Lings an email and the manager wrote back to me. She said if i send her a list of the things that i want that are not on the online list that she will be able to get them for me. The only problem is I don't know what items they carry! You might be able to list the exact type of beer that they carry...

yfmg
06-20-2011, 07:43 PM
you should try allUneed, they deliver from all restaurants and all grocery store right to your doorstep.

i tried them and the food delivered was fresh specially the french fries were hot and in excellent condition.

arubasearch.com/alluneed

Terry Joz
09-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Can you order online from Ling & Sons from home and have it delivered to your timeshare? If so has anyone done this, and how did it work out? Thanks for your help.

Andrea J.
09-10-2011, 08:31 PM
yes it can be delivered.
http://www.aruba.com/forum/f37/lings-grocery-delivery-48823/
check out above thread.

cindyo
09-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Can you order online from Ling & Sons from home and have it delivered to your timeshare? If so has anyone done this, and how did it work out? Thanks for your help.

Done many times....
Its great for soda, juices, munchies, cereals, baggies, wraps...not perishables.
Its best you do your own "fruit and veggie" shopping and deli meats/meats and cheeses.
It is dependable.
They give you a time range. Just make sure you are there !
cindy

Terry Joz
09-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks for your input, it's for friends of mine that are going and don't have a car.

EnergyGirl
01-13-2016, 08:52 AM
Does anyone know if Lings and Sons still offers grocery delivery?

Andrea J.
01-13-2016, 09:03 AM
welcome to the aruba.com community forum

i do not know the answer, but here is their link to custoer service http://www.lingandsons.com/customer-service/

EnergyGirl
01-13-2016, 09:47 AM
Thank you Andrea. I tired that link and sent an email but I have not heard anything back.

Andrea J.
01-13-2016, 10:09 AM
if you have internet calling such as skype, you could call them and ask, for just a couple of cents for the call.
i looked on their facebook page and theres is no indication of delivery.
i do know that folks have had lings deliver, but don't know of any recently.
sorry.
Thank you Andrea. I tired that link and sent an email but I have not heard anything back.

GroceriesToGo Aruba
02-06-2017, 06:38 AM
hi, have you heard about GroceriesToGo Aruba? www.GroceriesToGoAruba.com

WaltVB
02-10-2017, 01:39 AM
Just visited your site. Looks like a great concept for folks that arrive late or don't want to leave the beach. Good luck in your endeavor!