PDA

View Full Version : Divi phoenix

KATH2ME
03-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Can anyone give me a opionion on this place, 1 bedroom units look really nice ( full kitchen, washer, dryer, living room, balcony ) ?

Arubalisa
03-29-2011, 08:12 PM
Are you booking this private through someone or through the resort itself?

Andrea J.
03-29-2011, 08:24 PM
if you are talking of the tower building of the divi phoenix, i have been in there 3x.
one of our members......sherryf, had rented there and we visited.

she had a great unit with a great view.
the place needed updating and from what i know, it has been totally renovated.

we were not wild about the elevators.

but the unit itself was terrific.
large
great views
1 bedroom and i think the balcony was off the bedroom.

the beach area had plenty of shade and was uncrowded.

maybe sherryf will reply her views.

but i do think the place has been renovated.

KATH2ME
03-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Lisa, i haven't decided yet , if i'm even going to, but the deal they were offering was i guess thru divi directly, it was a 1 800 #

andrea, not sure , i know its in the new part of the phoenix, i think its 7-8 floors,

sherryf
03-29-2011, 08:53 PM
andrea, the unit kath is talking about is in the new section. the old units do not have washers and dryers. where we stayed was the high rise which i totally agree with you about. the elevators are the only drawback to wonderful units that i would rent any time.

i have never been in the newest section but several of my friends have and love it. they say the view is great, the unit is spacious and with everything almost new it has to be great. i wouldn't hesitate to take the unit.

the only problem they are having at the phoenix from what i know is that they are still working on the beach in front of the new units. that means that beach space is limited. so my only hesitation would be in knowing when you are planning to visit aruba. if it is during off season, there's always enough space for everyone, even with the new buildings. if it is high season, you might want to keep track of the beach clean up.

Arubalisa
03-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Make sure you are comparing apples to apples and not apples to oranges. The only new units are those in the BEACH tower.

"Studio Suite
Spacious room featuring queen-sized bed, queen sleeper sofa, and one private bath.
(Maximum occupancy 4 guests)

One Bedroom Suite
Suite featuring king-sized bed in the bedroom, queen sleeper sofa in the separate living room, and one private bath.

Two Bedroom Suite
Suite featuring two bedrooms with king-sized beds each, queen sleeper sofa in a separate living area, and two private bathrooms.
(Maximum occupancy 6 guests)

"New Beach Tower Suites!
Located in the newest resort section, these luxury suites feature modern décor and upgraded amenities including granite countertop surfaces, stainless steel appliances, flat screen tvs with dvd players, washer & dryer combinations, and private balconies with partial and full ocean views.

Beach Tower Studio Suite
Spacious room featuring queen-sized bed, queen sleeper sofa, and one
private bath.
(Maximum occupancy 4 guests)Beach Tower One Bedroom Suite

Beach Tower One Bedroom Suite
Suite featuring king-sized bed in the bedroom, queen sleeper sofa in the separate living room, and one private bath.

Beach Tower Two Bedroom Suite
Two bedroom suites combine a one bedroom and studio suite via an adjoining door.
(Maximum occupancy 8 guests)

Beach Tower Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite
Located on the top (7th) floor of the newest resort section, the two bedroom penthouse suites are split-level suites in two configurations. A selection of units offers a bedroom, living room, kitchen, and two bathrooms on the first floor, with a bedroom, private bath, and sitting area on the second floor. Alternate units offer a living room, kitchen, and bath on the first floor, with two bedrooms and shared bath on the second floor.

Beach Tower Three Bedroom Penthouse Suite
Located on the top (7th) floor of the newest resort section, the three bedroom penthouse suites are split-level suites offering a living room, dining room, kitchen, and bathroom on the first floor, with a winding staircase leading to three bedrooms and two bathrooms on the second floor.
(Maximum occupancy 8 guests)"

7 nights in December (low season pre-Christmas)

Studio Suite USD 175.00
One Bedroom Suite USD 195.00

Beach Tower Studio Suite USD 185.00
Beach Tower One Bedroom Suite USD 215.00
Beach Tower Two Bedroom Suite USD 325.00

Beach Tower One bedroom for 7 nights in December INCLUDING tax $1858.67 or $265 per night

cindyo
03-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Rob and I took a tour of the new place last time we were there. I 'd stay there anytime. Like to location, rooms, ambience...

Andrea J.
03-29-2011, 09:10 PM
the old tower is "not" the beach tower?
the "old tower" is the building i was in?

regardless.........imo, the divi phoenix is a great spot, a great resort and now even better since they have renovated and constructed!

andrea, the unit kath is talking about is in the new section. the old units do not have washers and dryers. where we stayed was the high rise which i totally agree with you about. the elevators are the only drawback to wonderful units that i would rent any time.

i have never been in the newest section but several of my friends have and love it. they say the view is great, the unit is spacious and with everything almost new it has to be great. i wouldn't hesitate to take the unit.

the only problem they are having at the phoenix from what i know is that they are still working on the beach in front of the new units. that means that beach space is limited. so my only hesitation would be in knowing when you are planning to visit aruba. if it is during off season, there's always enough space for everyone, even with the new buildings. if it is high season, you might want to keep track of the beach clean up.

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples and not apples to oranges. The only new units are those in the BEACH tower.

"Studio Suite
Spacious room featuring queen-sized bed, queen sleeper sofa, and one private bath.

One Bedroom Suite

Two Bedroom Suite
Suite featuring two bedrooms with king-sized beds each, queen sleeper sofa in a separate living area, and two private bathrooms.

"New Beach Tower Suites!
Located in the newest resort section, these luxury suites feature modern décor and upgraded amenities including granite countertop surfaces, stainless steel appliances, flat screen tvs with dvd players, washer & dryer combinations, and private balconies with partial and full ocean views.

Beach Tower Studio Suite
Spacious room featuring queen-sized bed, queen sleeper sofa, and one
private bath.
(Maximum occupancy 4 guests)Beach Tower One Bedroom Suite

Beach Tower One Bedroom Suite

Beach Tower Two Bedroom Suite
Two bedroom suites combine a one bedroom and studio suite via an adjoining door.
(Maximum occupancy 8 guests)

Beach Tower Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite
Located on the top (7th) floor of the newest resort section, the two bedroom penthouse suites are split-level suites in two configurations. A selection of units offers a bedroom, living room, kitchen, and two bathrooms on the first floor, with a bedroom, private bath, and sitting area on the second floor. Alternate units offer a living room, kitchen, and bath on the first floor, with two bedrooms and shared bath on the second floor.

Beach Tower Three Bedroom Penthouse Suite
Located on the top (7th) floor of the newest resort section, the three bedroom penthouse suites are split-level suites offering a living room, dining room, kitchen, and bathroom on the first floor, with a winding staircase leading to three bedrooms and two bathrooms on the second floor.
(Maximum occupancy 8 guests)"

7 nights in December (low season pre-Christmas)

Studio Suite USD 175.00
One Bedroom Suite USD 195.00

Beach Tower Studio Suite USD 185.00
Beach Tower One Bedroom Suite USD 215.00
Beach Tower Two Bedroom Suite USD 325.00

Beach Tower One bedroom for 7 nights in December INCLUDING tax $1858.67 or $265 per night

sherryf
03-29-2011, 09:19 PM
yes andrea, where i stayed and you got to visit is the oldest building of the phoenix. it was built and abandoned (if i recall correctly) and divi bought it, turned it into something viable and made people like me believers. a few years later they built the low buildings in front of the tower. it was just within the last 2 years that they built and finally opened the beach towers. you can't go wrong staying in any unit.

Arubalisa
03-29-2011, 09:23 PM
How does it compare to the Radisson?

Andrea J.
03-29-2011, 09:33 PM
i have been to the beach at the radisson and at the phoenix and at the riu (when it was the grand) i would say the radisson is the most congested.

but, now that phoenix has upped its census, maybe that section is busy too.

comparing the resorts..........well as i said, it was a few years ago when i was there.
but since the rad is a hotel and phoenix is timeshare there are loads of differences right there.

they are both terrific.

i like the phoenix as it is at the quieter end of the beach.

KATH2ME
03-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Thanks everyone, lisa, when i called ,they told me the price for the 8 nites in december, and it was in the new buildings, but thanks, before i make that final decision , i would def. Go over that with them and make sure.

Sherry, i would hope by dec. That beach is all done, you think ? ( i hope )
can you tell me, is the water, calm or waves ? Rocks or smooth ?

Cindy, the room look very nice on line, full kitchen is a plus , especially for breakfast , snacking, even a dinner or 2, especially those wanting to keep the dining bills a little down, this helps

KATH2ME
03-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Lisa , i will email you

sherryf
03-29-2011, 10:18 PM
kath, the water is shallow for a great distance, rarely has any waves and is either smooth bottomed or in areas covered in sea grass. the jetty areas are great for snorkeling. you can shallow snorkel and see many fish which surprised the heck out of me. just put on a mask and snorkel, lean forward in the chest high water and peer into some beautiful sea life.

hopefully the beach will be done by december. remember, the climate is hot and work moves slowly in heat. if it was me and the price was right, i would jump at it.

Arubalisa
03-29-2011, 10:26 PM
kath, the water is shallow for a great distance, rarely has any waves and is either smooth bottomed or in areas covered in sea grass.We're "beach people", when we stayed at the Phoenix years ago, this was the biggest turn off for us. It was difficult trying to find a place to cool off in the ocean that was deep enough. Add on to that avoiding the sea grass...:( :( :(.

KATH2ME
03-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Lisa,
ew!!!!, don't like sea grass, however, you know, find the beach and walking a difficult task, so if can make in and get wet, good enough, i'll just hang out by the pool. My friends are big beach people, i guess they can deal with it or get a float or share the pool water with me

billy999
03-29-2011, 11:36 PM
I took a timeshare tour of the Divi Aruba Phoenix back in February and it was really nice. I wanted a beachfront unit and they showed me a 1 bedroom in the new Beach tower. It was gorgeous. I still remember the room #. It was 964. I believe the beach tower is considered building 9, the 6 is for the 6th floor and the 4 is unit 4. thus 964. They quoted me a price of 45,500 for week 8 and came down to 43,600 for the unit. It was beautiful and had 2 separate balconies (one oceanfront and one poolfront) and everything was new and granite kitchen, etc.. but that price was too much, I thought. We spent the day and stayed on the beach afterwards and I was not that impressed. It was very "rocky" in spots. We also visited the Riu and Playa Linda and thought both their beaches were nicer. But as far as the rooms and layout, the Divi beach tower was top notch.

mgenestra
03-31-2011, 08:43 AM
The past two years I've stayed at the Divi Phoenix. The first year 2009, I stayed in the brand new studio unit. I have a first floor room and my view was the pool and then off to the side was the beach. The room was very nice. The only down side was when it rained bc it so windy there the front door did not have a guard at the bottom so when I woke up one morning there was all this water outside the bathroom. There was also ants in our bathroom around the tub and toilet. Over all it was very nice they just had to work out the kinks. If I were to stay in that unit again I would ask for upper floor and make sure that there was a flap at the bottom of the door. I did however like being on the first floor bc I would go out the sliding door every morning for my runs and I didn't have to worry about taking the steps or elevator.

Last year 2010 we rent a one bedroom Villa which was okay. The building where the Villas are are older and not as nice as the newer units. All in all its was okay bc we stayed outside a lot. It was nice having the separate bedroom from the dining area bc I always get up before my husband and go out for a run or just to have coffee and sit on the balcony so it was nice not to wake him up.

This year we are coming back to Aruba in July but we are staying at the Occidental

arubaswim
04-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Some answers, Their are 14 floors. Their are 2 different layout for the 1 bedrm. The larger one bedrm has 1 1/2 baths & best yet 2 balconies. One off the Living room & one off the bedrm. I will be listing my wk 10 for rent. Will try & show pics from the room. I love the Phoenix, then I just love Aruba.

arubaswim
04-17-2011, 12:59 PM
In the old towers their are 2 different layouts for the 1 bedroom. You can go to this site & see it for your self. I only like the large one that has 1 1/2 baths & 2 balconies. They would be the X02 & x04 rooms. Much better than the smaller 1 bedroom that only has one balcony off the bedroom.
http://img261.imageshack.us/i/phoenixtowerplanoq4.png/
Hope this helps.
I love the Phoenix., & most other places in Aruba:)

ajpslp
05-23-2011, 09:15 PM
If anyone is interested Im selling my parents week # 4 room #703 at Divi Phoenix . This unit is a studio unit and has 25 weeks left with accelerated weeks still on contract.. Sales price is $5200 and split transfer fee ..
alan

mgenestra
05-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Is this in the older tower?

ajpslp
05-24-2011, 09:27 PM
yes this is in the older tower room #703 facing westin and other hotels ..

dushikaterina
07-17-2011, 02:39 PM
We are owners in the New Divi Phoenix Beach villas - If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask me. I'd be happy to help out with accurate first hand information.

artcon
12-11-2011, 08:29 PM
How are the beach villas at the divi Phoenix? Are they nice , clean etc?

artcon
12-11-2011, 08:31 PM
How is the older section ...beach villas at the Phoenix?

Andrea J.
12-12-2011, 05:04 AM
Very nice

Clean is never an issue at the resorts on aruba.
the phoenix is a nice property

new section and older tower.....both nice
How are the beach villas at the divi Phoenix? Are they nice , clean etc?