PDA

View Full Version : Aruba Dreaming

Roxy
10-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Hi,
We are looking at booking the villa Aruba Dreaming in the Malmok area. Has anyone stayed there? Can't seem to find many recent reviews. Also was wondering whether that area was safe.
Thanks.

littlehop
05-18-2012, 12:27 PM
I am going to rent there also. What do you think about the contract.

Cosmo
05-21-2012, 05:35 PM
The area is great, i own a condo in that area and love the location. Minutes to everything (beaches and high rises)and yet very laid back and quiet.

KATH2ME
05-31-2012, 12:23 AM
That house looks amazing.. maybe a personal chef and Bartender.. yes ... oh la la.. LOL

wrclinda
04-11-2017, 08:50 PM
I know this is an original old post but the house is still available for rent. I rented this for spring break a couple weeks ago, as we love the area for snorkeling and thought it would be great. After more consideration my husband didn't really want to stay there, concerned for safety, as well as missing our usual routines at the Marriott. I then booked a room at the surf and thought we would split our nights and have the best of both. The house is an awesome location, but the interior could really use a makeover. The LR furniture is okay but the kitchen is ancient, the beds look old, sat on it but we never slept there. The place was clean, but didn't really look or smell clean due to being old and somethings stained. Individual AC in some rooms. The outside is nice, but we also had a bad fish odor coming from a wet desert area out back. Unsure what that was. The house could be beautiful and worth the money if it was totally renovated, but I want something nice/safe when I go on vacation, not something I wouldn't want to sleep at. Not sure how often garbage gets picked up but it was there from the previous guest on Saturday until Wednesday sitting out in the driveway. Not appropriate. Just be cautious, I would say stay at a nice hotel or see current photos of a villa. Not worth $6000! We did go park and snorkel a couple times and hung outside, but it was a total waste of money.

Andrea J.
04-12-2017, 12:17 AM
so you rented BOTH for the same timeframe.........the villa and a unit at the surf club?

I know this is an original old post but the house is still available for rent. I rented this for spring break a couple weeks ago, as we love the area for snorkeling and thought it would be great. After more consideration my husband didn't really want to stay there, concerned for safety, as well as missing our usual routines at the Marriott. I then booked a room at the surf and thought we would split our nights and have the best of both. The house is an awesome location, but the interior could really use a makeover. The LR furniture is okay but the kitchen is ancient, the beds look old, sat on it but we never slept there. The place was clean, but didn't really look or smell clean due to being old and somethings stained. Individual AC in some rooms. The outside is nice, but we also had a bad fish odor coming from a wet desert area out back. Unsure what that was. The house could be beautiful and worth the money if it was totally renovated, but I want something nice/safe when I go on vacation, not something I wouldn't want to sleep at. Not sure how often garbage gets picked up but it was there from the previous guest on Saturday until Wednesday sitting out in the driveway. Not appropriate. Just be cautious, I would say stay at a nice hotel or see current photos of a villa. Not worth $6000! We did go park and snorkel a couple times and hung outside, but it was a total waste of money.

wrclinda
04-12-2017, 12:53 PM
Yes I did, I couldn't get a refund from the house and got a good deal from an owner at the surf. Expensive mistake, but glad my husband wanted the surf. I wouldn't have wanted to stay there. It did have an alarm system, but not comfy

act1966
04-12-2017, 04:12 PM
https://www.arubadreamingvilla.com/

Jacki
04-13-2017, 11:31 AM
Do the pictures not reflect the home currently?

wrclinda
05-12-2017, 08:24 AM
The pictures look better, older pics I'm guessing. The furniture is the same, some of the things in the photos are no longer there. The home is worn, could use paint, smells old. Kitchen needs rehab, sink is badly stained, fridge old and not the cleanest with mildew in cracks, furniture has spills and nicked up, but it is a rental. I may be too picky but for $6k per week it should be much nicer and feel clean.The front porch looks the newest and best. Did not spend a night there, only hung out to snorkel. Alway happy at the Marriott so I won't try a rental home again.

gaby
05-12-2017, 08:36 AM
my friend stayed there. she had problems with the shower, water pressure was almost non-existent. wifi never worked but that happens on the island so I wouldn't use that as my measuring stick. but she said for the amount of money for a week (went with her whole family), she expected more. it was very dated. she stayed there last thanksgiving week. maybe they fixed it up.

OneHappyTraveler
05-21-2017, 10:06 AM
We stayed at the Aruba house last year and loved it .....the house was even nicer than the pictures ...even has an inground pool in the back. I would highly recommend Aruba house if anyone is looking to rent a house ...it sleeps 12.
Diane

p.s we don't own it .....just loved it