PDA

View Full Version : Meet up to go walk the Labyrinth.

Mr. Ratt
01-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Greetings one and all.

The Lady and I will be making the annual migration south, and this year I'm going to attempt to gather a group of interested people to go walk the Peace Labyrinth at Alto Vista Chapel.

For those unfamiliar, the Labyrinth is modeled after the one in Chartres Cathedral in France. It's a place to walk, meditate, reflect and find some inner peace. It can be a wonderful experience.

We'll be there the first week of April, and a little later in the year,
first week of June.
Anyone hereabouts interested/curious?

Andrea J.
01-17-2012, 03:51 PM
what a nice idea!!
peaceful and tranquil site.

:-)

Greetings one and all.
The Lady and I will be making the annual migration south, and this year I'm going to attempt to gather a group of interested people to go walk the Peace Labyrinth at Alto Vista Chapel.

We'll be there the first week of April.
Anyone hereabouts interested/curious?

Get back to me here...

arubabob
02-18-2012, 03:06 PM
what a nice idea!!
peaceful and tranquil site.

:-)The whole island is peaceful and tranquil to us--except the departure lines.

katherine
04-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Walked what we call the infinity circle with my three kids last Tuesday.
we all reflect and think positive thoughts for someone other than ourselves, then we sit on the rock wall overlook the ocean and talk about what we reflected on. Amazing and wonderful what a 4, 8 and 12 year old get from the experience and what they are willing to share.

Leaving tomorrow 4/13 after two solid, perfect weeks.
Ralph - Kat's Husband

Andrea J.
04-12-2012, 09:46 PM
safe travels to raplh, kat and family

hope that you post a trip report
Walked what we call the infinity circle with my three kids last Tuesday.
we all reflect and think positive thoughts for someone other than ourselves, then we sit on the rock wall overlook the ocean and talk about what we reflected on. Amazing and wonderful what a 4, 8 and 12 year old get from the experience and what they are willing to share.

Leaving tomorrow 4/13 after two solid, perfect weeks.
Ralph - Kat's Husband

Mr. Ratt
04-13-2012, 05:56 PM
I was able to make it out to the labyrinth on last Saturday with a pair of friends from the island. I can't express the energy in the area. Pretty intense for such a little island.

Back there for sure in June, you can bet on that.

Any interested walkers?
Get in touch with me here if you'll be on the island first week of June.
And while we're on the subject of labyrinths, Saturday, May 5 just happens to be World Labyrinth Day, and I believe there's a Peace Walk / Gathering at Alto Vista.
Now that would be a great experience... oh well, we'll be in Sarasota that weekend.

Bon nochi one and all

Arubalisa
04-13-2012, 06:43 PM
For those unfamiliar with the Labyrinth

click on thumbnails to enlarge

http://www.arubabound.com/photos/helicopter/altovistac_sm.jpg (http://www.arubabound.com/photos/helicopter/altovistac.jpg) Labyrinth upper half of photo- white circle

http://www.arubabound.com/photos/isl/alto_vistaf_sm.jpg (http://www.arubabound.com/photos/isl/alto_vistaf.jpg) Walking the labyrinth ...with a view of the sea

If you have ever craved peace and quiet, well with the exception of the wind, this is the place to go.

NJ Ralph
04-14-2012, 08:54 AM
Ha!
Figured out how to post under my own moniker. No need to use Kat's log in.

Next visit I'll be sure to send out a request to meet at alto vista for s serenity walk. Hopefully some of you who posted this thread will be around end of March 2013... Unless we get the urge, finances and free time for another visit this year.

Missing the island already! But last 2 weeks will defenitately give me a good dose of Aruba glow for a awhile before NJ comes crashing back down on me.

Ralph

danadog56
04-14-2012, 11:12 AM
wow...I am so ashamed....have been to the chapel so many times and never did the labyrinth......knew it was there, but never thought about it when I visited,,,,might be because we are usually on quads and there always seems to be a bus load or 2 of "tourists" there...so we usually left..
Will make a point of walking it this year !!!!!!

Mr. Ratt
04-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Whew... man are my hands cold... yeah, that indeed is Toronto weather.
At any rate, we are going to be back on the little piece of paradise we all call home, or Aruba, the first week of June. Anyone interested in a labyrinth walk on perhaps Saturday June 9th?

Considering we'll be doing the usual carousing and tomfoolery (didya like that?) I don't imagine I'll get out there much before Saturday, thinking of booking a cab for $20 or so...

Any takers at this point?