PDA

View Full Version : traveling with 5.5 ys old, 4.5 yr old and 1 yr old...

jlk51496
02-22-2013, 11:26 AM
So I've probably been to Aruba 7+ times (my parents have a time share at Marriott Surf Club) My 5.5 yr old has been three times (poor her right! ;)) but the last time she went she was 3 yrs old...so we were more than happy and content staying by the pool (marriott surf club) and beach every day. We didn't really do much else...

But now that I have a DD (5.5 ys) and a DS (4 yrs) I want to do stuff with them experience the island a little more.

I want to check out the butterfly farm and maybe the jolly pirate ship.

Any other recommendations for the family!

So excited! It's been 3 yrs since we went and we are looking forward to it after this long winter!

thanks

Diann24
02-22-2013, 11:55 AM
I would have to advise to visit Baby Beach which is totally at the other end of the island but what a great beach for kids. They can walk out as far as they want and it is still shallow. You will need a car for this or perhaps a tour. The tours do not spend much time there as I recall however. I am sure you take them to the water/light show in that area by Starbucks? They also have horse/donkey rides along there. I know cause I always think how much my granaddaughter would have liked to do that as she loves horses.

Andrea J.
02-22-2013, 12:04 PM
they might enjoy the butterfly farm
also too contact the riding places to see if they have pony ride like experience instead of trail/beach/countryside ride

as far a jolly pirates your 4 yr old is IMO too young, and maybe even the 5 yr old

i am thinking that maybe until the kids are all elementary school aged, you will spend tons of time at the pool and on the beach, but at least they will love that!

and agree to yes to baby beach, but avoid on the weekends as it gets crowded with residents!

So I've probably been to Aruba 7+ times (my parents have a time share at Marriott Surf Club) My 5.5 yr old has been three times (poor her right! ;)) but the last time she went she was 3 yrs old...so we were more than happy and content staying by the pool (marriott surf club) and beach every day. We didn't really do much else...

But now that I have a DD (5.5 ys) and a DS (4 yrs) I want to do stuff with them experience the island a little more.

I want to check out the butterfly farm and maybe the jolly pirate ship.

Any other recommendations for the family!

So excited! It's been 3 yrs since we went and we are looking forward to it after this long winter!

thanks

Arubalisa
02-22-2013, 07:32 PM
Butterfly Farm, Ostrich Farm and Donkey Sanctuary

For kids who are beginner snorkelers, besides Baby Beach, I HIGHLY recommend Boca Catalina

Snorkeling Boca Catalina (http://www.arubabound.com/dive/snorkeling.htm)
http://www.arubabound.com/photos/boca_catalina/boca_catalinaa_sm.jpg (http://www.arubabound.com/photos/boca_catalina/boca_catalinaa.jpg)

NJ Ralph
02-23-2013, 02:05 PM
With (3) three kids 13, 9 and 5 all have visited the island anually since the womb...

In mine and their opinions

butterfly farm = expensive and boring
Jolley Pirate sunset cruise is a cpl hours of adventure and very fun for family. Until my kids ventured onto the rope swing they would laugh out loud drinking the kids pirate juice and watching the belly flops from those attempting the swing
Philips animal sanctuary - not the correct name but you can look up on the site - is alot of fun for an afternoon. like donkey sanctuary you can bring apples and carrots to feed animals and Philip usually lets the kids interact with the monkees letting them steal peanuts from their pockets. nice island venture and fun afternoon. check out Alto Vista while you are there.
private island tour. look up Ceri (SP?) he offers an affordable 2-3 hour cruise arounfd the island catered to your interests. he will leisurely stop and stay where kids might have a particular interest.
AYO rock formations. The kids can climb the large rocks and scamper through the winding paths and tunnels. Great afternoon adventure too.
Ta Bon
RP

cindyo
04-10-2013, 08:32 AM
We've taken a 6 month old as well as 3,4,6,8 yr olds on the Palm Pleasure.
the kids all set in the netted front of the ship. Felt very safe. While i loved our 2x jolly pirate sails i am thinking i felt less uneasy on the catamaran than the schooner. Thats not saying schooner is unsafe . I sat back and remembered which in my mind was better.
Just my honest opinion with the little nieces and nephews.