PDA

View Full Version : Soft sided cooler back pack

Traceyd14
05-06-2013, 03:12 PM
We bought this Igloo backpack cooler for our Aruba trip this year and it was perfect! It held ice all day on the beach. The backpack aspect would be great for a family toting all of their beach stuff. Great product, highly recommended. http://www.target.com/p/igloo-maxcold-maxpack-cooler-black-16-can/-/A-13465885#prodSlot=dlp_medium_1_1&term=igloo+cooler+backpacks

Traceyd14
10-18-2015, 05:23 PM
Update - while we loved this cooler, the straps did break within 2 years. To be fair, we used it heavily on trips and at home and probably over loaded it on many occasions. I still feel like we got ours money's worth out of it.

We considered reordering the same cooler, but recent reviews mention issues with the zippers and since we had straps that failed, we decided to try a new one. We ordered from Coleman this time. It took about a week for shipping,if you are considering it for a trip. The backback seems a little larger and a separate compartment for dry storage. Can't wait to use it and I will review when we get home.

Coleman Backpack Cooler link (http://www.coleman.com/product/backpack-cooler/2000013704?contextCategory=8515#.ViQMgHpViko)

New Link - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00URO25I4/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_ZW1QzbE2SM5EB via

mattmorr
10-19-2015, 09:04 AM
That is a great idea...use it as a carry on while traveling and keep it filled up with 28 Balashi's during your stay. Thanks for the tip.

Traceyd14
10-19-2015, 09:12 AM
It's definitely a great carry on option. The igloo one was a little smaller than I like so I used it in place of a purse. The Coleman is bigger and will be a great carry on.

Traceyd14
10-19-2015, 09:17 AM
I noticed the Igloo link no longer works. Here is a new one. IGLOO (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00URO25I4/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_ZW1QzbE2SM5EB via)

Jacki
10-19-2015, 09:17 AM
Looks sturdy. Can't wait to hear how it holds up

Traceyd14
12-12-2015, 01:50 PM
The bag help up well. The zippers and straps are all very sturdy. It held ice pretty well all day on the beach, though we did our best to keep it in the shade. The only downside was that the bottom got very wet. For a day at the beach, under a palapa it was great and easy to carry as a backpack when you had other things in your hand. But at the end of the day or on a hike, or anywhere other than the beach or pool, I wouldn't recommend carrying it full of ice. The back of your shirt will get wet. The front pocket was nice to stash things, but it didn't stay completely dry. I will bring a ziploc next time.

AudiaS4
07-27-2017, 06:57 PM
Too bad it looks like none of the links work and I can't find the cooler. I have a really small, fold up cooler that we usually take with us, but...it will only hold about 4 cans of pop if you are putting ice in it. I'll have to keep looking.

Traceyd14
07-28-2017, 03:17 AM
Too bad it looks like none of the links work and I can't find the cooler. I have a really small, fold up cooler that we usually take with us, but...it will only hold about 4 cans of pop if you are putting ice in it. I'll have to keep looking.

Here is a link to the igloo cooker on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00URO25I4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501226217&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=igloo+backpack+cooler&dpPl=1&dpID=513IO5WDFQL&ref=plSrch

Sue M.
07-30-2017, 10:01 AM
Thanks to Tracey's information we ordered one and have used it plenty.

AUA1989
09-02-2017, 09:28 PM
This product is no longer availble with this link. However, I can't wait to try the rolling cooler we found that I just realized has backpack straps. I just don't know whether or not it leaks. This will be my carry on. Think anyone will know we're headed to the beach? LOL

I'm still practicing with the tablet. Don't know why the pic is sideways.

Traceyd14
09-02-2017, 09:38 PM
This product is no longer availble with this link. However, I can't wait to try the rolling cooler we found that I just realized has backpack straps. I just don't know whether or not it leaks. This will be my carry on. Think anyone will know we're headed to the beach? LOL

I'm still practicing with the tablet. Don't know why the pic is sideways.

That one looks great! I did go back and add new links to the post.

AUA1989
10-25-2017, 12:14 PM
Just a follow up. I used the cooler as a carry on and it worked great. No questions from TSA and it fit perfectly in the overhead bin. We used it all week to take drinks, snacks, sandwiches to the beach and it came in real handy packing up for a day at Rogers beach. Then, I used it as my carry on home.

danadog56
10-25-2017, 12:25 PM
We have 2 soft sided coolers with shoulder straps that we have been taking to Aruba for years now. No idea where we got them, can't even look to say name brand since they are packed for our trip in a week but they also get wet on bottom after a long day of abuse in the sun/shade. We also try to keep them in a dry shadey spot but the heat just gets them overtime.
I use them here at home all summer long and they seem to stay better here, but of course I am not carrying the kitchen sink in them like we do on the island. Will see how they do this year and post name incase anyone is interested