PDA

View Full Version : Advice on fun excursion(s) for 12 year olds

Carolw
06-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Hi, our family will be visiting Aruba during the 1st week of August. I would like to plan a few off-resort activites that the kids (12 yr old boy and girl) would enjoy. I am pretty sure we will do the full day ABC jeep tour, but not sure about the other activity. Thinking of the DePalm Island or a snorkling trip. Personally, I hate crowds and would like to avoid a lot of people if possible. That's why I am not sure about DePalm Island. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Andrea J.
06-12-2014, 01:47 PM
if you go to depalm early (9am) you will avoid crowds, the crowds arrive at around noon (all bets are off if a cruise ship in town)

there are many things that 2 , 12 yr olds will like

horseback riding
phillips animal garden
jolly pirate snorkel adventure
arubabob snorkeling snorkeling with hand held propulsion devices (private message forum member KENT, he is the owner)
the water fountain show at the mall in the hi rise area held nightly, every half hour or so.

i encourage you to browse this category (family vacations)

if you are staying at the surf club, you will have a hard time tearing them away from the lazy river

Hi, our family will be visiting Aruba during the 1st week of August. I would like to plan a few off-resort activites that the kids (12 yr old boy and girl) would enjoy. I am pretty sure we will do the full day ABC jeep tour, but not sure about the other activity. Thinking of the DePalm Island or a snorkling trip. Personally, I hate crowds and would like to avoid a lot of people if possible. That's why I am not sure about DePalm Island. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Jacki
06-12-2014, 02:35 PM
Casibari Rock formations is fun
DePalm is a great choice
Atlantis Submarine

We love just driving around & exploring - my kids are 21, 12 & 10

act1966
06-12-2014, 03:01 PM
The submarine ride is crowd controlled - i.e. only a certain number of tickets are sold. You could also go hiking through the national park. Snorkeling at Baby Beach on a weekday is really quiet.

mattmorr
06-13-2014, 08:08 AM
I have two teenage boys and they both enjoy.

Go Carts at Bushari (Behind Ling and Sons)
Snorkeling at Boca Catalina
Aruba Bob Water Scooters
Parasailing, Tubing..... anything on the water
Bowling after Dinner at the Mall

Sure miss that mini golf course!!

cindyo
06-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Jolly Rodgers cruise( has rope swing with snorkel stops)
Aruba Bob skooter snorkeling at Mangel Halto
4 wheeling ABCtours
parasailing at Palm Beach
tubing on a Palm Beach
Have a Blast

ubouu
06-14-2014, 07:12 PM
Also you want to try the TRYKES tour its a whole lota fun. :)

dq1974
06-16-2014, 10:21 AM
You could try the UTV off-road tour with De palm tours. Pretty cool driving your own 4 wheeler through the desert to see some of the different sights.

Arubalisa
06-17-2014, 06:30 PM
Jolly Pirates at the top of the list. :)