PDA

View Full Version : opinions on Northshore Cottage Aruba

readyforaruba
08-19-2014, 09:15 PM
Just curious if anyone has ever stayed at Northshore Cottage near the little chapel. Adorable little green cottage on the North shore. I've booked it for 10 days November. I love it and it has amazing reviews. The owner also owns all or part of La Cabana, La Maison, and Villa Aloe. Used to own or was property manager for the boardwalk. She seems lovely as do her properties. Just looking for first hand reviews
ideas, tips, thanks

Andrea J.
08-19-2014, 09:23 PM
I have never seen the cottage, but have indeed met Julia. (nice girl!!)
We met her at Boardwalk.
I am unsure of her affiliation with LaCabana. LaCabana is owned by its members (a timeshare resort)

Will you be renting a car?
You will need a vehicle as you are pretty far off the beaten path and away from the tourist stuff.

readyforaruba
08-19-2014, 09:50 PM
Probably got the la cabana confused from reading about it here. Yes, Julia seems wonderful. I will rent a Jeep I'm thinking, for the entire stay as it does seem perfectly secluded...perfect lol. Seems like it is only a 10 minute drive to hi rise area which is wonderful...but we really are so so low key this looked like an amazing fit. its the last house on sera pelu or something like that lol (on my phone so its like pulling teeth to open multiple windows to add links. SO STINKING EXCITED

readyforaruba
08-19-2014, 09:53 PM
Here it is, I'm seriously in love http://www.northshorecottagearuba.com/

Pegmeister
08-20-2014, 06:18 AM
Wow, the cottage looks wonderful. Can't wait until you go so I can read your trip report!

readyforaruba
08-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Only 14 months to go lol! Which gives me ample time to know everything i need to kno by utilizing this incredible forum. Seriously, this is so helpful to Aruba novices

Jacki
08-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Adorable little cottage! Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

readyforaruba
08-20-2014, 03:02 PM
I'm in love with it...I'll post lots when i finally get there

joec3535
08-21-2014, 01:34 PM
It looks very nice from the pics and reviews. I would consider staying there in the future, and I would def. get their rental Jeep they offer. That price is a good one compared to the rental companies.

readyforaruba
08-23-2014, 02:48 PM
It looks very nice from the pics and reviews. I would consider staying there in the future, and I would def. get their rental Jeep they offer. That price is a good one compared to the rental companies.

Isn't it adorable? Yes, def renting the Jeep. She has all positive reviews on multiple cites. Check out villa aloe if you like all the bells and whistles...I think she does all the decorating as well. Best part, in my opinion, it has a washing machine lol...I probably shouldn't be as excited about that as I am but that was def a major reason I chose it. I HATE overpacking only because I have no way to wash my clothes. Bringing 3 sundresses,bathing suits, and that's about it lol

Andrea J.
08-23-2014, 05:07 PM
if you are choosing due to the washing machine.........there are tons of resorts in more convenient locations that have coin operated laundry on site ;)

i really think that cottage is cute and i am anxiously awaiting your trip so we can read your review.
paul and i may take a ride by and check it out in november.
if we do, i will take a bunch of photos for you.

Isn't it adorable? Yes, def renting the Jeep. She has all positive reviews on multiple cites. Check out villa aloe if you like all the bells and whistles...I think she does all the decorating as well. Best part, in my opinion, it has a washing machine lol...I probably shouldn't be as excited about that as I am but that was def a major reason I chose it. I HATE overpacking only because I have no way to wash my clothes. Bringing 3 sundresses,bathing suits, and that's about it lol

readyforaruba
08-25-2014, 11:29 AM
if you are choosing due to the washing machine.........there are tons of resorts in more convenient locations that have coin operated laundry on site ;)

i really think that cottage is cute and i am anxiously awaiting your trip so we can read your review.
paul and i may take a ride by and check it out in november.
if we do, i will take a bunch of photos for you.

Omg yes please take photos! No, washing machine wasn't the only reason, although it is a big one. I'm really so so laid back and party, resort, drinking,crowds just tend to be too much for me and the Mrs. we love it in small doses lol but are def more of the, wake up in silence, drink coffee alone onthe porch with a paper, and then head into the action kind of people.

danadog56
08-26-2014, 10:00 PM
pix of cottage look really cute, and if you rent the jeep you are close to everything and far enough away that you will have quiet evenings to just sit and enjoy the skyline......nice of andrea to try to get pix for you, can't wait to see them and hear about your upcoming trip !!!

AUA1989
08-27-2014, 09:01 AM
It looks awesome; comfortable, well equipped and clean! And, $250 (per the website) for a jeep for the week is a good deal.

We are so stuck in our ways that we've always booked a hotel on the beach. There are soooo many great private properties that I'm learning about and this looks like one of them. I just wish it was closer to a beach, which is my requirement. Please post a trip report as I'd love to hear how it was going back and forth to Moomba.

I assume the countdown has started???

readyforaruba
08-30-2014, 08:50 PM
It looks awesome; comfortable, well equipped and clean! And, $250 (per the website) for a jeep for the week is a good deal.

We are so stuck in our ways that we've always booked a hotel on the beach. There are soooo many great private properties that I'm learning about and this looks like one of them. I just wish it was closer to a beach, which is my requirement. Please post a trip report as I'd love to hear how it was going back and forth to Moomba.

I assume the countdown has started???

Of course! But my ticker is broken lol!